What if the acdc role came before Slash came back.?

He would have bailed completely on GNR.

Axl finds no joy in running gnr by himself and has very little interest in it as a project or anything else. He lost all interest after CD released then really wanted to kill the band after 2010...

however he mentioned before the thing he misses most about the old lineup is having someone to lean on, with nugnr it was his thing and his decision with Duff and Slash it was hey what do you think and ok let's do this, and if it works great if it doesn't then it's our thing not my thing. 

He made these comments before reunion. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

He made these comments before reunion. 

Do you remember when and where he said that? That he misses someone to lean on? Just curious :) 

I remember it was the LA Times interview from 2011 or 2012 where he said the only kind of reunion that would make sense to him would be a reunion with Slash and Duff.

14 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

Do you remember when and where he said that? That he misses someone to lean on? Just curious :) 

I remember it was the LA Times interview from 2011 or 2012 where he said the only kind of reunion that would make sense to him would be a reunion with Slash and Duff.

Good times with GNR: "Here's what I miss about old Guns the most. And this is really before we got Appetite out. In the very beginning, you had three people (Rose, Slash and guitarist Izzy Stradlin) on the same page for a short period looking out for the best interest of that band and its goals. We were trying to get signed from the beginning. We were figuring out the right attorney, the right label. I had two other guys I could rely on. I don't necessarily have that now because it is more my thing, but I do ask everyone's opinion about everything."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2012/10/30/axl-rose-on-gnr-music-more/1669329/

close enough haha

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Brownstone drum said:

Was thinking what a big year Axl had last year, but what if he was asked to do acdc when he was either still doing nu gnr or   after the Vegas shows when members had quit would he have given up  on gnr?

I've been thinking about that a lot myself. What would have happened if GNR wouldn't have reunited? Would Axl have got the AC/DC gig in the first place? Or did the reiunion give Axl his credibility back so that Angus felt comfortable hiring him? And how would the world have reacted to all of it if Axl wouldn't have reunited with Slash at the same time? I guess we can all agree that the response was surprisingly positive now. Axl sang his ass off and only the most hardcore AC/DC purists couldn't admit that Axl did a good job.

But what if Axl hadn't reunited with Slash? Would people have been way more critical towards Axl's performance? Before the reunion many people used to critizize Axl for everything he did, so I have a feeling that people would have been way more critical towards Axl's AC/DC performance as well, if Axl wouldn't have reunited with Slash.

What comes to your question about Axl quitting GNR altogether? No I don't think that would have happened. He would have continued with his GNR on the side just like he does now. No difference, except maybe GNR would be releasing a new album this year, if the reunion wouldn't have changed those plans.

• Like 1

The $$$ for Axl is in the reunion so it still would've happened. Would be interested to know what kinda fee Axl got for filling in on the AC/DC shows though. Did he do it for free outside of expenses? Did Brian still get his share for those dates since being replaced wasn't his choice?

Idk if Axl would have just done ACDC and said screw it to GNR... I mean, they only did a European leg and an American leg. Neither lasted that long, really. And even though ACDC and Axl have let their feelings be known as to what they want out of each other long term, it's all belief, desire, and really, speculation until it actually comes to fruition. Could just even be simple good PR to show that Axl/DC are on great terms regardless of how it goes but, that's speculation as well. Point is, I would like to think reuniting with Slash and Duff would have happened no matter what but who knows...

Tough question really because it's kind if like asking what if Aunt Mary had balls...?

Edited by Billsfan

I honestly think if the ACDC thing had come before NITL he would have put off the reunion for a few years. The vibe I get from Axl is that he isn't doing NITL for the money he's doing it for the fans and perhaps a bit of closure on the whole GnR thing. I think after NITL if Angus hadn't come along Axl would have put out some solo stuff not under GnR name. For me Axl has been a bit different this tour ,so relaxed. Might just be this is the last go around for him as GnR perhaps. Unless we get new music from these three.