Does anybody else feel weird watching Slash play Sorry?

It kind of made me feel awkward. It's such a spiteful song that's very much inspired by Axl and Slash's conflict. The "Shut up and sing" line is a direct reference to what a bandmember (I think Slash?) said to Axl. And it just kind of feel weird to me watching Axl sing that song and particularly that line while standing next to Slash. I like the current version of the song better than the album version, but still that was kind of weird. Did anybody else notice that? 

40 minutes ago, username said:

It kind of made me feel awkward. It's such a spiteful song that's very much inspired by Axl and Slash's conflict. The "Shut up and sing" line is a direct reference to what a bandmember (I think Slash?) said to Axl. And it just kind of feel weird to me watching Axl sing that song and particularly that line while standing next to Slash. I like the current version of the song better than the album version, but still that was kind of weird. Did anybody else notice that? 

You need to hear @RussTCB's SOD theory. :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, not only the "You know where to put your "just shut up and sing" line, but also the "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" bit.  Always thought that Axl was referring to the time he very publicly wigged out on Slash onstage in December of 1991 and told him he was going to "kick his ass" in front of a stadium crowd, for which he later apologized to Slash for. 

The song sucks in my opinion, especially the super boring chorus...it shouldn't be played at all! :D

Play Shadow of your love instead, this make the hardcore fans happy and that song is very easy to get into in a live situation if you never heard it before.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is weird and a bad idea that they do any CD songs at all. 

Why should they ignore a huge part of GN'Rs history? Slash said that he wouldn't mind to play these songs live shortly after the album was released

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Why should they ignore a huge part of GN'Rs history? Slash said that he wouldn't mind to play these songs live shortly after the album was released

Source?

2 hours ago, soon said:

I love Slash, and Axl sure hasn't done himself a lot of favours over the years.  But at the end of the day I kinda love that Axl - as Slash himself apparently said - is the victor.

When exactly did he say that?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

When exactly did he say that?

Opps, he is alleged to have said that in there 20 year battle axl has proven himself to be "the stronger" and that axl had "won".  This was the infamous 2005 house call Slash made to Axls place, which Im sure you know about, but it wasnt clear that I was referencing since I mis spoke. 

I said "the victor" I should have said "won." 

To me, in the context, it doesnt change the jist of what I am saying.  Slash gave in, Axl won their battle of wills.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-says-slash-made-unannounced-visit-to-his-home-in-october/

• Like 2