North American Shows Getting Earlier

I don't have any idea why but I noticed earlier today that the Miami show (which I'm attending) had the start time moved from 7PM to 6PM.  I started randomly selecting shows and almost all that I picked had moved 1/2 hour to an hour earlier.  I haven't gotten a notification email from Ticketmaster yet.

I guess it could be either:

1) To accommodate a longer setlist

2) Ticket sales are slow and they have to lower prices and the venues charges less if they get the stage torn down an hour earlier.

3) GNR can still go on at the same time that they would have but it will feel like you are at the UYI tour with an extra hour to wait between the opener and Guns.

Just now, Gnrcane said:

I don't have any idea why but I noticed earlier today that the Miami show (which I'm attending) had the start time moved from 7PM to 6PM.  I started randomly selecting shows and almost all that I picked had moved 1/2 hour to an hour earlier.  I haven't gotten a notification email from Ticketmaster yet.

2) Ticket sales are slow and they have to lower prices and the venues charges less if they get the stage torn down an hour earlier.

3) GNR can still go on at the same time that they would have but it will feel like you are at the UYI tour with an extra hour to wait between the opener and Guns.

I got a notification via ticketmaster's Facebook event page for the hershey show saying the same thing. Im hoping your option #1 is the correct one, although LOL at #3. 

2 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

They are getting up there in the years.  They need to get to bed.

See you in Hershey!

Have you been to the venue before? When the original dates were released it was the closest to me (NYC) so I got some floor tickets. Curious to see what it's like there and how they work Hershey bars into the litho. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

They are getting up there in the years.  They need to get to bed.

See you in Hershey!

If it was just the Miami show I'd have thought they wanted to eat the early bird special for dinner!  I'm hoping it is for a nice long set list.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Holy shit!  Thanks for posting this.  The St. Louis show start time has been moved up a whole hour.  Per Ticketmaster website it is now scheduled to start at 6:00 PM and was scheduled for 7:00 PM according to my tickets.

Dude, it was more than an hour wait during the illusions tour, FYI :) 

25 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

Have you been to the venue before? When the original dates were released it was the closest to me (NYC) so I got some floor tickets. Curious to see what it's like there and how they work Hershey bars into the litho. 

Im curious about the litho too. I'm thinking it will be a skeleton on a roller coaster. The same basic design as the LA or  San Diego one, just a roller coaster instead of a skate board or surf board.

1 hour ago, goneshootin said:

Yes, in a different life I had a little more pull than I do now, and I was onstage for Megadeth.  It is a very flat venue, as in not sloped.  I hope maybe they have made improvements since, but it's outside, and straight flat.  Haven't been there since 2001 though, so it might be improved.

15 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

They did it for the Nijmegen show last Wednesday too. It was all pushed back. They did it to accommodate for a longer setlist. I hope for you guys the reason here is the same. 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:58 PM, Gnrcane said:

Lets hope for scenario 1.  With 2- well Mpls has sold really well (although I'm a little surprised it's not sold out).  Haven't looked at other cities sales.  3- please God no. 

2 hours ago, Original said:

Lets hope for scenario 1.  With 2- well Mpls has sold really well (although I'm a little surprised it's not sold out).  Haven't looked at other cities sales.  3- please God no. 

Did they move your time up to in Minneapolis?   I'm fairly certain Scenario 1 is why this is being done.  

• Like 1

They have probably gotten the financial breakdown of costs from the 2016 shows and realized they can probably save hundreds of thousands by cutting costs here and there and by going on earlier each night