To You Fans Who Have Been to Multiple Shows, Did it Get Boring?

Did it get boring?  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went to just one show, and I'm sorry I didn't went to one more. Shows are really great. 

Yes, Axl's voice isn't on his 90ies level, but it's good overall, and great at times. The band may not be at their musical peak (wich is very logical), but they are good, they are pro.

And it was not all roses before with AFD and UYI tours. They had many memorable performances, but also the other ones. They were many times late for hours, a lot of shows were cancelled and band incited more then few riots. Riots people! Axl had rants that were longer then their songs, and their songs tend to be long. Sometimes they would show up totally fucked up, drunk, stoned, couldn't hit notes and played poorly. 

On this tour, guys are being complete pros. Not a single show was cancelled or they were late on their behave, and the shows are mostly 3+ hours of great music. The band is good, and a few years back we could only pray for something like this.

They have lost their hungry, sex drugs and rock, edge, they are not the most dangerous band in the world anymore, but thry still play great RnFR.

So enjoy it while it lasts. If they come to Europe again, I will go to see them again. Hoping for another EU leg.

PS - The Seeker rules live!

Edited by MisterNo
  • Like 1

I went to 2 shows in New York last year, and 6 in Europe this summer. My boyfriend, who is not a GN'R fan was at all the shows as well, waited in line from early in the morning and all that. 

I'm seriously thinking about two of the shows in New York, boyfriend's response, who is still not a GN'R fan? I'm with you :hug:

So no, definitely not boring ;)

• Like 4

I thoroughly enjoyed the Vegas shows, but after that it has seemed the anticipation isn't what it was leading up to the Las Vegas shows. I enjoy going to the shows, but for me it's starting to get boring with little to no changes at any of the shows I've seen. I'm going to the Minneapolis show since I have to already be there and the Little Rock show since it's close to home, but I don't think I'd invest the money into going to a show like I did for Vegas without it being some major changes. Give me AFD5 or some new material and I'd be all for making another trip like Vegas.

On 2017-07-17 at 5:55 AM, xBrownstonex said:

I catch myself thinking about Toronto in October. Fuck.

Me too but I hate that venue so much.

On 2017-07-20 at 0:06 AM, Izzymacbeth said:

I voted Dizzy Reed. 

Me too, mostly because I didn't undertand the options.

7 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Lol I still watch almost every periscope :lol: I still don't know why. Maybe it has to do with my addictive behavior.

You aren't the only one....one of the Japan shows I went to sleep at night and set my alarm in the middle of the night to wake up and catch the show. Only did that once but yeah I'm kinda addicted too! :lol:

I went to 3 last year:

2nd Vegas show in last row; Toronto show 4th row on floor; and 2nd Foxboro show GA on rail directly in front of Slash all show.

Based on the 3 different seating experiences and lack of change in setlist I'm skipping the Boston show in October as I don't think I'll get much out of it.

that said, I still really enjoyed the 3 I went to.

I got bored at 1st night Sydney.... I wasn't there to see Angus and didn't care tbh.  In Brisbane I saw a full awesome set. Not in Sydney.

melbourne seemed like a short show but I heard something about curfews and the fact they started like 30 mins late

Seen guns in 92 at the Olympic stadium in montreal,than 2002 in London, ontrio,than 06 in Ottawa, agian in montreal in 2010 and 13 and finally last year in Toronto, getting ready to see them in montreal soon and I never get bored  but the vibe was different for each show 2013 was the coolest cause it was in a club setting and I was up front

20 hours ago, MisterNo said:

I went to just one show, and I'm sorry I didn't went to one more. Shows are really great. 

Yes, Axl's voice isn't on his 90ies level, but it's good overall, and great at times. The band may not be at their musical peak (wich is very logical), but they are good, they are pro.

And it was not all roses before with AFD and UYI tours. They had many memorable performances, but also the other ones. They were many times late for hours, a lot of shows were cancelled and band incited more then few riots. Riots people! Axl had rants that were longer then their songs, and their songs tend to be long. Sometimes they would show up totally fucked up, drunk, stoned, couldn't hit notes and played poorly. 

On this tour, guys are being complete pros. Not a single show was cancelled or they were late on their behave, and the shows are mostly 3+ hours of great music. The band is good, and a few years back we could only pray for something like this.

They have lost their hungry, sex drugs and rock, edge, they are not the most dangerous band in the world anymore, but thry still play great RnFR.

So enjoy it while it lasts. If they come to Europe again, I will go to see them again. Hoping for another EU leg.

PS - The Seeker rules live!

Could not agree more. I'm glad I'm seeing them now when they're more dependable than the UYI tour when Axl was completely miserable, wrecked his voice from drinking and smoking, and Slash & Duff were massively addicted to a variety of substances.

And having endured the Philly riot in 02, I'm good on the danger aspect. They're one of my all-time favorite bands and it's great to see them play well for 3+ hours.

• Like 1

I watched them 5 times last year, and it didn't get boring. That's probably because I didn't follow every minutia of their set list and overall tour--not interested in being a sports analyst-type for this band anymore. I do think the internet can hamper some of that showtime magic.