To You Fans Who Have Been to Multiple Shows, Did it Get Boring?

Did it get boring?  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can see many here attend multiple concerts. I am envious, but I wanna know, did it get boring after a while? Or is it still exciting?

I asked this in a particular show thread, @RussTCB said he got bored on the later shows. @NorwegianGirl said she doesnt get bored, and just as pumped up on the 12902124th show. Wondering how the rest of you crazy fans feel.

• Like 1

I'll take any opportunity I can to see my favorite band. Unless I went to every single show on a leg of the tour, I wouldn't get bored. I saw them in Chicago last year and I'm seeing them in St. Louis and Minnesota and then in Chicago in November. That said, they should at the very least change the order of the setlist.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

I've been to 23 shows since 2006.

Doing multiple shows in 06 & 10 were never boring. Firey Axl and varied setlist. 2012 they started too, especially with axl being late constantly, I done 7 shows and it was too much as the mystery started to die.

2016 was refreshing for the 3 shows I went to with the new line up, but in 2017 I'm getting a bit bored. There's no mystery any more. No novelty of seeing Slash and Axl together now. I'm enjoying that they have extended the setlist but it's songs like sweet child, Nov rain, heaven's door that I struggle with now. 2 more shows planned.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 2

No, def not boring.  Both Vegas shows last year were awesome.  And the Orlando show was even better "musically" than those two shows...going to see them again in Miami in a few weeks....looks like it will be an even longer set...and I'll be in the pit...so I doubt that will be boring....lol.

• Like 1

I saw 4 last year, 5 this year in a shorter time span. I wish i could've been to more. Its always a great and different experience. Not only the shows itself, but you always meet new people at every show which makes it extra cool.

And for the shows itself: i can never get bored of witnessing such greatness.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 4

I went to four shows and that was ENOUGH of this tour and set list and incomplete lineup.  I would only attend another show if there was a legitimate new record or izzy was there to play the music he wrote and I was certain I wasn't going to hear the seeker. 

i really only get bored when they go into axl's solo bullshit.  but four shows was enough, it's too predictable a set list/show. 

but it's great for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. 

I went to two shows last year and am going to two more this year.  Watching the same songs on YouTube/Periscope may get a little boring, but that's on me for doing that.  The live performance however  -- not boring for even one second. The band is on fire and I only wish o could afford to go to even more shows.   :headbang:

• Like 3

I went to Vegas and LA and no it wasn't boring at all.I had a great time at both.Got 4 or 5 different songs at LA show from Vegas .Usually not a big fan of stadium shows but Dodger Stadium was a great show and better time then Vegas for me .Axl being in the chair took away a bit from the Vegas show I thought.Going  a 3rd time when they close out the tour at the Forum in November .

It was unbelievable to see Axl and Slash share the stage last year in Detroit, the band was great, Axl sounded good, and we were in the pit. However, I'm not as excited to see the exact same show again this year, although I'll still probably go. Would definitely be more excited if they changed setlist, if Izzy was involved, or if they were playing new music.

4 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

It was unbelievable to see Axl and Slash share the stage last year in Detroit, the band was great, Axl sounded good, and we were in the pit. However, I'm not as excited to see the exact same show again this year, although I'll still probably go. Would definitely be more excited if they changed setlist, if Izzy was involved, or if they were playing new music.

Why should they begin to play new music at the last two legs of the current tour? That would be like a slap in the face for those who already attended some concerts

I saw them 3 times last year, saw Axl 7 times before that, and the shows are never boring. It's always gonna be fun to be up front hearing my favourite songs, but the difference in quality has been pretty noticeable over the last few years and that's my main concern - Axl set a high standard on the last US leg, and if he comes through again sounding like he does currently, it's gonna be noticeable to everyone who saw him last year...

Not boring at all! Decided last minute to go to Chicago 1 & 2 last year, and saw them in Hannover, Werchter and Nijmegen in my home country this year. It was excellent and hope they will return to Europe next year, no complaints about setlists or line-ups...

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

Why should they begin to play new music at the last two legs of the current tour? That would be like a slap in the face for those who already attended some concerts

Technically, it's the 2nd leg of the North American tour...meaning there could be 2nd legs in South America, Australia, Asia and Europe to come...and if that's the case, would actually make sense to add songs (or change the set list up) at this point.

• Like 1

It seems to me that those who say it's boring or complaining about everything are not taking responsibility for their own actions. You don't need to watch every show on Youtube or Periscope.  You could skip shows. Besides the MSG show that I'm going to in October, I'm curious  about the Apollo show this coming week.  Other than that, I don't  see the need to watch  every show or travel to all the places that  GNR has been to. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Technically, it's the 2nd leg of the North American tour...meaning there could be 2nd legs in South America, Australia, Asia and Europe to come...and if that's the case, would actually make sense to add songs (or change the set list up) at this point.

They should start a new tour if they wanna play new material

NITL=reunion

New tour=new songs

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

They should start a new tour if they wanna play new material

NITL=reunion

New tour=new songs

What? They'll be playing NA and SA for the 2nd/3rd times this year, the name of the tour is irrelevant, it's a reasonable assumption that another run through those markets would mean alterations to the setlist. Whether 'new songs' means The General or Locomotive is somewhat debatable, but they should switch it up at least a bit.

• Like 1

not boring at all. it s fucking great to hear and see them several times. If I had more time and money I would have visited more than the 3 shows I ve seen. 

I would go again tomorrow if only they were back again!! :drool:

• Like 1