To You Fans Who Have Been to Multiple Shows, Did it Get Boring?

Did it get boring?  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

They should start a new tour if they wanna play new material

NITL=reunion

New tour=new songs

lol...why?  Because you said so? Pretty sure their promoters and the band know what they're doing since they are among the top grossing musical groups two years running now.  

And I'm not sure where this new music stuff is coming from....but if there is new music, I'd certainly like to hear it...so heck yeah they should play it....lol...

I've seen quite a few shows since 2006, the most coming from 2011-2012, and I've never been bored with the exception of the never ending Heavens Door in East Rutherford last year. I worry that I'll get a little bored with the repetition of some of the set list, but there's always something new in there to look forward to. This year, when I hit Hershey and possibly Philly, I'll be looking forward to yesterdays, and hoping for Sorry or There Was A Time.

I'm fortunate enough to have seen four shows this year, was I ever bored? No. I've heard the songs 10,000 times, am I likely to all of a sudden tire from hearing them now? The songs are the reason I go.

It's perhaps advisable to space them out a little though as I believe it's possible to have too much of a good thing. Each show is different, the songs may be the same, but there are still many variables (at least with this band). If the set list was 100% identical then I may feel differently, it's not though.

Edited by Carburetta

I saw three shows within 10 days and I didn't get bored for a second.

That said, if they come for a 2nd round to Europe without new music I'll attend a show but I won't do multiple shows and I won't travel any more like going by plane or staying in a hotel over night.

Edited by Free Bird

5 shows since the tour kickoff and I wouldn't miss an opportunity to add a 6th one. Paris was supposed to be a great closure but I just can't help myself from looking for a way to see them again. (You heard me Houston, I'm not giving up)

I consider myself very lucky for witnessing something I've been waiting for for 25 years, and every time I'm in the middle of the pit, there's always a moment when I think about how all this could end pretty much anytime.

Of course, I wouldn't mind some change in the setlist, and a small part of me still dreams of Adler and Izzy hitting the stage, but I don't think I can ever get bored with watching a 3+ hours show and meeting amazing true fans in a bunch of cool cities/countries.

I'm still young and when the Gn'R era eventually comes to an end, I don't want to regret not enjoying this as much as I could.
What a time to be alive.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

5 shows since the tour kickoff and I wouldn't miss an opportunity to add a 6th one. Paris was supposed to be a great closure but I just can't help myself from looking for a way to see them again. (You heard me Houston, I'm not giving up)I

I catch myself thinking about Toronto in October. Fuck.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 10:10 AM, Sosso said:

Why should they begin to play new music at the last two legs of the current tour? That would be like a slap in the face for those who already attended some concerts

I didn't say they should, I just said I'd be more excited, but following your "it's not fair" logic, there should never be new music played, unless everyone gets to hear it. Are you the guy who gets iRate when a coworker takes a longer lunch break than you?

None of these answers really apply, but no. It doesn't get boring. Saw 2 last year and 6 this year and can't wait to see more. But I also don't go around watching every video that is being put up on Youtube. I save that for the time when this tour is over.

Edited by PatrickS77

I went to 7 gigs in Europe now, and I didn't find it boring at all. I would say it was the best vacation I ever had, and I also, during the concert-tour, bought tickets for the two LA concerts in November. :) I love this band so much.

i've been to 3 in last year - the last one was so fucking boring it's unexplainable no fire no chit chat with the crowd and frank the butcher along with the fortus stage whore and smurf really started to make things squeal and appear as though the machine was solely going through the motions 

praying and eseentially gambling for major changes on this next run 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

went to 5 last year, planning on going to 3 more in the next couple of months, definitely not boring, maybe not looking forward to the concerts as much as the first couple of shows, but definitely not boring, if you are a GNR fan how can it be boring?

9 hours ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

if you just stand around nodding yer head or trying to prevent ppl from pushing over yo girlfriend who doesn't know a single word to a gnr song then yea, it gets boring :D 

You need a new girlfriend lol. But hey, at least she's willing to go! All hope is not lost!

I patently refuse to get bored. I still remember what it was like in the wasteland of GNR fandom back in 2003-2006 where virtually nothing of interest happened for three years. All that came out was either of zero interest (half-answers from band members doing interviews for other projects) or bad news (a cancelled RIR performance and Buckethead leaving). 

Thus, I will never be sick of seeing a mended relationship between Axl Rose & Slash touring the world and selling out stadiums. They could fart into the microphones and I'll be thrilled.

They just need to bring their fucking ticket prices down. 

• Like 1

Went to Philly last July.  Going to Hershey this August....when I bought the tickets last December  I was hoping they would at least mix up the setlist and add a few different songs but I'm guessing that's wishful thinking.  That being said, I'm just glad I'll get to see them again, if you would have told me 5 years ago I'd be seeing slash, axl, and duff together I would have been ecstatic...now two times in just over a year??  I won't be bored!!  Plus I get to see them with my son who I never thought would get to see this lineup.  But I am hoping for at least no seeker this time around ?.