How many of us were around in the gnronline forum days

24 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Wait... Are you telling us THE Oldest Goat isn't actually old??? :o

giphy.gif

Yes!  His profile pic is also NOT of a goat, and his title (or whatever) is TORTOISE Ninja.  Verrrry suspicious.  :suspicious:.  

What is that pic, anyway?  A squirrel or a groundhog or a prairie dog, or what?

Also, to stay on topic, I was 'around', but not on any of those forums, lol.  

Edited by triad
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

That's a 'Quokka' :lol: I just find it so fucking cute. I wanna pinch those chubby little cheeks haha

Cool, I learned something for today!  "Quokka"!  :shades:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

The most fun times on all those old school forums is when stuff leaked, seeing everyone freak out and talking about the songs.

I remember when better leaked, just the intro part with the, no one ever told me.... and people were like FAKE that is not Axl LOL

Those were the days

Absolutely right about that Better leak. I remember it came out in a few different parts. 10 seconds leaked, then 30, then a minute. What a time. Equally as exciting is when we were trying to figure out the lyrics to IRS after hearing the Eddie Trunk recording.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Absolutely right about that Better leak. I remember it came out in a few different parts. 10 seconds leaked, then 30, then a minute. What a time. Equally as exciting is when we were trying to figure out the lyrics to IRS after hearing the Eddie Trunk recording.

The lyric debates were always the best.  We did get like 99% of the lyrics correct on most songs, there was always a few words here and there we could never make out

but better was probably the most fun since it leaked in parts.

1 hour ago, gnfnr2k said:

The lyric debates were always the best.  We did get like 99% of the lyrics correct on most songs, there was always a few words here and there we could never make out

but better was probably the most fun since it leaked in parts.

My favorite fake lyric debate was the end of CATR where it was speculated to have said

"Some type of moment,

There you got it

All alone in jail today"

I knew what Axl meant when he said one of the reasons that leaks are harmful is because fans start to get used to parts that aren't on the finished record. Or in this case, get attached to lyrics that never existed lol.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 10:55 AM, gnfnr2k said:

How many of us were around in the gnronline forum days? The one attached to the gunsnroses.com way back in the day like 98/99ish times.

Just curious which of us is still left

I was around on that old Guns N' Roses mailing list. Some idiot fooled everyone into thinking that CD was actually going to be called "Sugar Fix"

Edited by Chris 55

17 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Did she give it back?

I didn't know she caught it next thing I know a huge black guy is wrestling her so I jumped him and then axl had us thrown out.  I was livid and tried to get on stage and beat axl's dreadlock looking ass. One of these shows I will sucker punch his ass for pay back unless he mans up and apologizes which we all know his ego is way to big for that.  She told me what happened after. No she didn't give it back his body guard ripped it off her finger.  I though he was trying to steal her wedding ring which Is why I went nuts. She said it was a HUGE black onyx with diamonds. Axl was on the mic yelling at his body guard I was into brian playing the drums for YCBM so I didn't notice. you can not find any footage of that show online only a vocal recording due to the fact battery charges could be filled. so he knows

8 hours ago, PopcornAdler said:

I didn't know she caught it next thing I know a huge black guy is wrestling her so I jumped him and then axl had us thrown out.  I was livid and tried to get on stage and beat axl's dreadlock looking ass. One of these shows I will sucker punch his ass for pay back unless he mans up and apologizes which we all know his ego is way to big for that.  She told me what happened after. No she didn't give it back his body guard ripped it off her finger.  I though he was trying to steal her wedding ring which Is why I went nuts. She said it was a HUGE black onyx with diamonds. Axl was on the mic yelling at his body guard I was into brian playing the drums for YCBM so I didn't notice. you can not find any footage of that show online only a vocal recording due to the fact battery charges could be filled. so he knows

This story is confusing...

Your girlfriend caught Axl's ring and she put it in her finger? while the bodyguard saw her doing that and jumped on her?
Why did she put the ring on her finger?

You were scorted out of the show?

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

This story is confusing...

Your girlfriend caught Axl's ring and she put it in her finger? while the bodyguard saw her doing that and jumped on her?
Why did she put the ring on her finger?

You were scorted out of the show?

she was showing axl so she could give it back her hand was in the air and instead of him saying come up here thank you he had his damn body guard assault her for it.  what's confusing? and because I had no clue what was happening except my wife was in a choke hold by a 7 foot tall 350 black guy and axl is yelling at him to do it.  you can listen to it skip to YCBM in that show