Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evader

Coma - Vocal Cover by TJ

16 posts in this topic

I've been on these forums for 15 years, and don't think I've ever heard anyone attempt a vocal cover of Coma, until now.

TJ, who is a member here and at other forums, is the vocalist, and I think he did a hell of a good job.
Tyler Rosen from YouTube created the instrumental. His channel is loaded with great stuff. https://www.youtube.com/user/GunsnRosens11
I produced, and was given the okay by TJ to share it here. Tried to reach Tyler numerous times about using his instrumental, but still no luck. He gave someone else permission to use a different instrumental in one of his video's comment sections, so I'm rolling with the assumption he'll be okay with it.

Please let us know your thoughts!

-E

4 people like this

Hey, cool!  I quite enjoy this version.  :D  The voice echo at the beginning made me wonder, but once I got past that, it all sounded good to my untrained ears.  I like the tempo, and TJ handled it like a pro (maybe he is a famous pro, idk), and battled through that ending!  I guess my highest praise is that I would gladly listen to this version again, so congrats to all three of you.  

Hi triad. Thanks for taking the time to comment. That voice echo was my idea :facepalm:, so if that's a turn-off, I take full responsibility. TJ really is a fantastic vocalist. Glad to hear you liked it as much as you did. I'll let him know he got a thumbs up!

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

Can I get that instrumental track?

Would you like that with or without the doctors and the girls talking? That's a separate track, but I can combine them for you if you like.

Just now, evader said:

Would you like that with or without the doctors and the girls talking? That's a separate track, but I can combine them for you if you like.

with!

Just now, NachoLZ said:

with!

Forgot to ask... format? Ogg, Mp3 or Wav? Wav is 200+mb. Ogg is 30mb. 320mp3....I'm not sure. Maybe 20mb.

Just now, evader said:

Forgot to ask... format? Ogg, Mp3 or Wav? Wav is 200+mb. Ogg is 30mb. 320mp3....I'm not sure. Maybe 20mb.

320 mp3 is fine, its for adding my vocal track, thanks evader!

Have you thought about cross-posting here?  Maybe you'll get a little more feedback.  

TJ you sound damn good, when I try to sing this stuff people tell me I'm an octave lower than Axl :(

The "Maybe we'd be better off without you anyway" part sounded too much like Axl, that was TJ screaming the fuck out of it or an Axl snippet?

Edited by NachoLZ

13 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

TJ you sound damn good, when I try to sing this stuff people tell me I'm an octave lower than Axl :(

The "Maybe we'd be better off without you anyway" part sounded too much like Axl, that was TJ screaming the fuck out of it or an Axl snippet?

Snippet. Fair use. Please don't sue me. :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Great job guys! Theven ending most be a motherfucker to sing, sounds like it was one take as well? 

12 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Great job guys! Theven ending most be a motherfucker to sing, sounds like it was one take as well? 

Huge compliment from a great vocalist - thanks, SoundOfAGun! And yes, I'm fairly certain that outro was from a single take, which is mind-blowing to me.

Also, the two tracks in your sig are really good! And sorry about that other thing. I guess the stars* haven't yet aligned.

Edited by evader
typo

6 hours ago, evader said:

Huge compliment from a great vocalist - thanks, SoundOfAGun! And yes, I'm fairly certain that outro was from a single take, which is mind-blowing to me.

Also, the two tracks in your sig are really good! And sorry about that other thing. I guess the starts haven't yet aligned.

Thanks @evader! We will get there when the time and track is right.