NITL best Estranged!

1 hour ago, Original said:

I'm a huge 'Estranged'  fan.  What is the consensus best 'Estranged' that we've seen this tour?  Thanks! 

The voice is an important aspect of this song. Even more so than November Rain. I don't recall a good vocal performance of this song since the reunion. The 2nd half of the song is very weak vocally and it kills the song. Even Slash's great guitar can't save it.

1 hour ago, Original said:

I'm a huge 'Estranged'  fan.  What is the consensus best 'Estranged' that we've seen this tour?  Thanks! 

found it...5:08 for second half if you want to hear the difference. Tone is spot on on the first part..huge performance in the rain

mexico 2016 April 20

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 2

I could swear I heard a performance on periscope during the US leg where Axl didn't fall into his falsetto on the second half, I can't recall from which show it was though...

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

34 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I could swear I heard a performance on periscope during the US leg where Axl didn't fall into his falsetto on the second half, I can't recall from which show it was though...

You may be right. Australia or New Zealand perhaps?

28 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I'm sure it was during one the US shows, can't remember if it was in June, July or August though!

Was it Philly, DC, Houston?

i think it was Philly cos I remember my show, Metlife in NJ felt Axl lacked energy during Estranged. The only negative and I went to both shows 

17 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

found it...5:08 for second half if you want to hear the difference. Tone is spot on on the first part..huge performance in the rain

mexico 2016 April 20

Ok, but.... so there was not a 'Estranged' that was amazing from A to Z??

Just now, killuridols said:

Ok, but.... so there was not a 'Estranged' that was amazing from A to Z??

Nope, not on this tour. That was the best I found and honestly I judged it off Axl more than the instrumentals...everyone is a bit sloppy in Mexico due to the rain, Frank way too fast, but Axl brought a much better voice to the second half and the first half was really good when he was in the chair. 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Nope, not on this tour. That was the best I found and honestly I judged it off Axl more than the instrumentals...everyone is a bit sloppy in Mexico due to the rain, Frank way too fast, but Axl brought a much better voice to the second half and the first half was really good when he was in the chair. 

Wow, I thought the voice of the second half in that video you posted is totally awfully mickey while the first one is pretty good :ph34r:

That's so bad one of the best GN'R songs got mickeymoused to hell this whole time :unsure:

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Wow, I thought the voice of the second half in that video you posted is totally awfully mickey while the first one is pretty good :ph34r:

That's so bad one of the best GN'R songs got mickeymoused to hell this whole time :unsure:

I only posted one video..unless I misread that.