Not in this lifetime tour is 9th biggest tour ever

Just now, Bono said:

:facepalm:

You could say that about any band who has an opening act. I'm pretty sure Alice In Chains and Lenny Kravitz are the reason GnR is doing so well too right? Muse opened for 23 of those 110 shows.  U2 averaged 66 000 fans a night on that tour.  That's 16 thousand more per night than the next closest tour. Pretty damn sure Muse or any of the opening acts were not responsible for that.  Saying U2's 360 tour was so successful because Muse boosted ticket sales is just absurd and makes you sound ridiculous.

Nope That's not absurd at all... Muse can sell out stadiums on their own... 

Lenny  And Alice cannot 

9 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

As you can see on this forum I'm not the only one who finds u2 mediocre and generic.... 

So could you u as a fan of both gnr and u2 tell which live experience you prefer....? 

Thanks for educating me on the fact many people on this board think U2 is shit. I hadn't noticed it before.

As for which live experience is better. It depends. If we're talking U2's current tour my experience for GnR in 2016 was better. Guns N' Roses in 1993 was incredible. U2 in 1997 converted me into a fan of the band. Every single U2 show I've seen is far better than any NuGnR show I've seen and the overall experience of U2 shows from 1997-2015 was better for me than GnR in 2016. 

Edited by Bono

1 minute ago, Bono said:

Thanks for educating me on the fact many people on this board think U2 is shit. I hadn't noticed it before.

As for which live experience is better. It depends. If we're talking U2's current tour my experience for GnR in 2016 was better. Guns N' Roses in 1993 was incredible. U2 in 1997 converted me into a fan of the band. Every single U2 show I've seen is far better than any NuGnR show I've seen and the overall experience of U2 shows from 1997-2015 was better for me than GnR in 2016. 

You cannot put nuGnr in equation... That's not how it goes... It was not true gnr

So you said it yourself... Gnr (1993 2016) >u2.. 

4 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Lenny  And Alice cannot 

Ummm... No Muse could NOT sell out a stadium in North America on their own. Not then and not now.  Why do you think they were opening for U2? They were trying to gain exposure in North America and South America.  Unreal how dense some of you really are. It's absolutely laughable that you attribute U2's 360 tour success to Muse. Makes you sound liek some geek who's bitter  a band you don't like has the highest grossing tour of all time. 

• Like 1

Just now, scooby845 said:

You cannot put nuGnr in equation... That's not how it goes... It was not true gnr

So you said it yourself... Gnr (1993 2016) >u2.. 

No I didn't say that you geek. I said GnR in 1993 was incredible and GnR in 2016 was better than U2 in 2017 but EVERY U2 show I've ever seen other than the show this year has been better than the GnR experience  I had in 2016. You might wanna work on your reading comprehension there big guy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bono said:

No I didn't say that you geek. I said GnR in 1993 was incredible and GnR in 2016 was better than U2 in 2017 but EVERY U2 show I've ever seen other than the show this year has been better than the GnR experience  I had in 2016. You might wanna work on your reading comprehension there big guy. 

Actually you're right... U

I misread the last part... 

But if you could compare gnr 1993 vs your best u2 experience... Which one prevails? 

Just now, scooby845 said:

Actually you're right... U

I misread the last part... 

But if you could compare gnr 1993 vs your best u2 experience... Which one prevails? 

It's impossible to compare. GnR in 1993 was my first concert ever and they were without a doubt my favourite band by far at the time.  It blew my mind and it was surreal as a kid to see your heros on stage.  When I saw U2 in 1997 on Popmart I was not a U2 fan at all. I was blown away by the show and became an instant fan and within a few years U2 had become my favourite band. The best show(s) I have ever seen was U2 in Montreal in 2015. Staging, production ,performance, crowd, It was the best.  So I guess U2 prevails as you would say. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bono said:

It's impossible to compare. GnR in 1993 was my first concert ever and they were without a doubt my favourite band by far at the time.  It blew my mind and it was surreal as a kid to see your heros on stage.  When I saw U2 in 1997 on Popmart I was not a U2 fan at all. I was blown away by the show and became an instant fan and within a few years U2 had become my favourite band. The best show(s) I have ever seen was U2 in Montreal in 2015. Staging, production ,performance, crowd, It was the best.  So I guess U2 prevails as you would say. 

What a lovely chat we had right? We gotta do it again sometime soon... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bedilkaromawar said:

imagine if zeppelin do a reunion tour, they will break all the record..trust me

I watched the Zep O2 reunion show again over the weekend. JFC so good.  That was the time for a reunion tour...even a NY, Dallas, Chic, LA mini run.  Gotta respect Plant- he won't do it as it's not Zep without Bonzo and he's right. 

• Like 1

I must say reading this thread is fun @Bono @scooby845 Thank you for the entertainment :P On Topic: I think GN'R set some impressive numbers here, with only 74 shows and a year going so far they have a great average! and like others said, when it reaches the 150 shows mark it should be top 5 easily!

• Like 1

After all is said and done, we gotta end this day on a positive note!... Come on man, tell me this doesn't bring a smile to your face...! It's cracking me up what I just said..(even though I stand by my statement)...:lol::D:P

7 hours ago, Bono said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Because 50% of the people that went to see U2 on the 360 tour were people who had never heard of them and were only going to see the stage. GTFO.

8 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I don't mind...

As I see you're a massive u2 fan I don't wanna hate but...

...GnR doesn't need all the lasery-circus-lighting-360-carousel-spectacle-thingy to attract 50% of fans who have never heard of band...

Pure music is what counts and that's why GnR is there...

U2 have the highest production values of any band. They don't need, but U2 push the boundaries of what is possible. Every major band and even lesser bands benefit from what U2 do with thier stage designs. 

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Lenny  And Alice cannot 

That's silly. U2 helped expose Muse to a larger US audience. Muse toured arenas after the 360 tour. The 360 tour was the first time in a long while that a rock band even played stadiums and U2 did it following the 2008 recession. 

5 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

They should be at #2 or #3 by the end of summer 2018.

I think AC/DC will need Axl after the tour, my bet would be for a fall 2018 release + tour.

Axl is going to need a break...no human can maintain his pace right now. 

As far U2 goes I'm still pissed they put their album on my iPhone...I will never forgive them 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The UYI tour was 225 shows I think. Based off today's ticket prices that would be the number one tour of all time.

13 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Taking into account that Gnr are only on 74 shows, I'd suggest that if they played over 100 like the other artists they would definitely be in 2nd possibly 1st.   But without adjustments for inflation the whole list seems kind of pointless anyway

Sure

47 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl is going to need a break...no human can maintain his pace right now. 

As far U2 goes I'm still pissed they put their album on my iPhone...I will never forgive them 

??!!!!!!

• Like 3