New Music or Original Lineup?

Surely if this lineup recorded and album they'd have a good drummer ghost-record in place of Frank, right?

Fortus writing and Duffs post-GNR writing, is meh imo.  Would Melissa sing on the album?  That would be weird but live its great so idk.  Maybe she wouldn't play or sing on a recording with Slash and Duff/ Classic GNR vibe?

Axl and Slash brought us Estranged and Coma.  So, if the goal was 'okay Axl and Slash are writing an album, Duffs in on some co-writes and arranging and is the band liaison to that process, everyone else pretend to be actual GNR' I think some good stuff could happen!

That said: AFD5.  :lol:

Oh this band puts us through the ringer!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

BRB....

*Imagining Richard Fortus has 15 years worth of good guitar riffs*

...Ok I'm back

Not only riffs but he did amazing melodies and lines with The Dead Daisies, the guy knows his stuff. From Stonesy to the hard heavy Slash likes, the guy knows how to do it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, default_ said:

Not only riffs but he did amazing melodies and lines with The Dead Daisies, the guy knows his stuff. From Stonesy to the hard heavy Slash likes, the guy knows how to do it.

The words 'amazing' and 'The Dead Daisies' should never be used in the same sentence.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the responses.  I respect them all and am amazed by the differences of opinion.  I didn't want to state my perference up front, so I'll state it now - AFD lineup.  I was lucky enough to see the original version (as well as the UYI w/o Izzy and 2016 versions) and each time it lost a bit of the magic and raw energy.  I don't think it's just the passage of time or the nostalgia that I might have for my youth...I just think the same cosmic forces that came together to create the biggest selling debut album in rock history are also required to deliver the best version of this band onstage.

The biggest issue with new music is that it needs to come within 75% of the original to knock any of those songs out of the set list...Axl's been chasing the ghost of AFD for 30 years without success and I think that's a huge reason why he's only released one album in the past 25+ years.  I'd rather drop any of the 4 to 5 CD songs that are currently in the set list for Think About You.  There is a downside in having your first album be your greatest - for the rest of your career you are trying in vain to eclipse that moment in time.  So with that, give me the original 5 back on stage and at least we can celebrate them, as the whole in this case is much greater than the sum of the parts.

• Like 2

I don't know, based on the importance that Izzy gives to his own career I can't imagine him wanted rejoining the band as many of you guys affirm. Adler, on the other hand, give him 0,01$ and you get the guy ready to play with a big smile in his face!! That is to want something! But with Izzy the things change seems to me that he put a lot of rules just to be able to decline the offer. I think that he, as his own career, he gives a fuck to the band.. Besides that GNR is a tour band and I really can't see Izzy doing what these guys are doing now..Maybe we'll have him to this exclusive  NY GIG but only if the guys gives him a bunch of money..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

The words 'amazing' and 'The Dead Daisies' should never be used in the same sentence.

For people who enjoy classic rock they are the ONLY option around these days doing great new music and their sucess touring the world just reafirms it. Richard did great, saw the band last week and wished he was there as the current guitarrist (Doug Aldrich, from Whitesnake and DIO) is generic as fuck doing all those shitty heavy metal riffs, waaay different from Richard and his bluesy play.

What kind of music do you like? Screamo, Nu Metal? Art of Anarchy generic pop rock? Or only Guns N' Roses?

9 minutes ago, default_ said:

What kind of music do you like? Screamo, Nu Metal? Art of Anarchy generic pop rock? Or only Guns N' Roses?

All kinds of shit really, but mainly hard/classic rock and metal (certainly not screamo or nu metal though, although I like bits and pieces) Don't get me wrong, The Dead Daisies are ok, I have their albums but I don't think there's anything on them that particularly stands out or that I would say is amazing. I've always really liked Corabi though, very underrated singer/guitarist and I love the Motley Crue/The Scream records he did. He deserved bigger and better than being a sort of session/touring man.