Fourteenbeers

Poll: Your favorite song on Appetite For Destruction?

Your favorite song on Appetite For Destruction?    209 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song on Appetite For Destruction?

• Welcome To The Jungle
    • It's So Easy
    • Nightrain
    • Out Ta Get Me
    • Mr. Brownstone
    • Paradise City
    • My Michelle
    • Think About You
    • Sweet Child O' Mine
    • You're Crazy
    • Anything Goes
    • Rocket Queen

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

94 posts in this topic

As the 30th anniversary of AFD approaches, (yawn) it would be interesting to know what is your favorite song from this iconic album. I've been fan of the Jungle as long as I can remember, but for some reason I've started to lean toward Nightrain lately. Maybe because it reminds me of the "wonderful" fan club ( I'm on the nightrain - I can never get enough:D). If you have any particular reasons for liking (or loving) one song more than the others - feel free to share them.      

Edited by Fourteenbeers
3 people like this

paradise city is in my top two favorites of all time...next to aint nothin but a g thang

Nightrain. With Rocket Queen as a close second  

Edited by Sosso
2 people like this

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Rocket Queen. 

I love how the song changes towards the end, like two songs stuck together but works really well to make one. 

I also think, that the best thing about RQ is the fact that it has 2 songs in one.  Many bands have done the same thing, but it doesn't always work. Gn'R made it work. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo

I chose Nightrain, RQ comes a close second with PC. I actually love the whole album apart from Anything Goes [still like it but don't love it]

Think About You is also seriously underrated IMO.

It's a tough choice, it's one of those  'Who's your favourite child' choices*

*I chose kid number 3:P

4 people like this

Yeah, another one for Rocket Queen, it was already one of the best things I'd ever heard and then that switch at 03:25 blew my fucking mind when I first heard it.

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

This. That song is rock perfection.

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Absolutely underrated, I love the song, the acoustic guitar on the chorus is pure gold. :heart:

1 person likes this

Nightrain and Rocket Queen are my most played and likely most enjoyed. I saw the London night 2 show...when Axl came out in the Union Jack top hat and leather jacket my fucking god. Epic 

but a powerful sense of youth, nostalgia for the good days, and hope for the future completely overtakes me when Paradise City (unexpectedly) comes on. There's a powerful serum in there that puts it in a more religious category of songs for me. 

Impossible to answer. One day its this, the other day that. 

But jungle, easy, nightrain, brownstone, scom and rocket are among the heavily played songs

Edited by xBrownstonex
1 person likes this

Almost impossible to pick one. Today I'll go with Mr.Brownstone.

43 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

As the 30th anniversary of AFD approaches, (yawn) it would be interesting to know what is your favorite song from this iconic album. I've been fan of the Jungle as long as I can remember, but for some reason I've started to lean toward Nightrain lately. Maybe because it reminds me of the "wonderful" fan club ( I'm on the nightrain - I can never get enough:D). If you have any particular reasons for liking (or loving) one song more than the others - feel free to share them.      

Impossible 😯

25 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

NIGHTRAIN. Hands down. It's like the perfect rock song.

Second maybe Rocket queen that is also an amazing song.

I actually love every one of them but i do have a very unpopular opinion and it's that my least favorite is My Michelle. I just don't get it. :shrugs:

Yes , too my least favorite agrred

1 person likes this

Nightrain easily the best it's the perfect rock song and that outro :drool: Rocket Queen and WTTJ would be the next couple 

Tough to choose between Jungle and Nightrain since they're both perfect. I choose Welcome To The Jungle for the impact it had on me way back in the day, it was the song that made me want to get Appetite.

Nightrain or RQ are probably the best ones on the album, but my personal favorite I think will always be Paradise City. The lyrics speak to me, and that was really the first Guns N' Roses song I gravitated to when I first really became a fan of them. I loved it so much, I did more research on them and well, the rest is history. They're one of my most favorite bands ever. 

Damn I forgot Brownstone! Still Nightrain takes first for me but Brownstone is a close second. 

I can't pick just one .AFD I always play in its entirety from start to finish.I love the flow the album has and if it was to ever was to get old listening to it I think it would've by now .Granted I may only listen to it a couple times a year now but it still sounds like rock and roll perfection to my ears now