Poll: Your favorite song on Appetite For Destruction?

Your favorite song on Appetite For Destruction?   

221 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rocket queen.  The duality of man, yada, yada, yada. The funk, the drums in outro, the solo is peak rock guitar experience!  And its need for bongos was a prophetic nod to the mighty Dizzy Reed :)

Night Train and Brownstone very close seconds.

• Like 1

Can't really pick so I went with my first favorite (middle school me's) - My Michelle.  Love the haunting intro and the heavy riff/feel.  RQ is such a great song.  The sex noises on the album annoy me though and I feel like they detract from the song.

Nightrain - My favorite Guns song

1. Nightrain

2. Out Ta Get Me 

3. It's  So Easy

4. SCOM

5. Rocket Queen

6. Brownstone

7. Anything Goes

8. Think About You

9. Paradise City

10. WTTJ

11. My Michelle 

12. You're Crazy

In this order

But actually I love them all and it depends on my mood too.

• Like 1

I didn't choose anything. It's too tough for me to choose. When I first heard of GNR, I was watching MTV with my dad. There  were video clips of George Michaels, Bon Jovi and Axl in the electric chair screaming: " You're  going to dieeeee". After hearing that Welcome to the Jungle became my favorite song and was my introduction to GNR. As I listened to AFD, Paradise City and Rocket Queen became my favorites.  I love It's So Easy, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me. It's just too tough to pick.  

7 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I didn't choose anything. It's too tough for me to choose. When I first heard of GNR, I was watching MTV with my dad. There  were video clips of George Michaels, Bon Jovi and Axl in the electric chair screaming: " You're  going to dieeeee". After hearing that Welcome to the Jungle became my favorite song and was my introduction to GNR. As I listened to AFD, Paradise City and Rocket Queen became my favorites.  I love It's So Easy, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me. It's just too tough to pick.  

Agree

Not a bad note on teh album but something like this....

1.  Rocket Queen

2.  Paradise City

3. It's  So Easy

4. Out Ta Get Me

5. SCOM

6. Brownstone

7. WTTJ

8. Think About You

9. Nightrain

10.  My Michelle 

11.  Anything Goes

12. You're Crazy

If you asked when album dropped or 2-3 years after, everyone would say WTTJ or SCOM. Those two songs are what made GNR and AFD so popular but unfortunately both songs are extremely overplayed and people are voting for fucking RQ over Jungle.

Hard to choose between Nightrain and Out ta get me. I love both Songs!

The hits like Jungle, SCOM,  Paradise City are fantastic Songs, but we all heard them millions of times. So I am gonnna vote for NIghtrain.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I always loved the one two punch that is Welcome to the jungle followed by It's so easy.

These two songs in this order are the strongest album opening I can think of, ever.

Yes of course it does matter. That's why they're that deep on my list. My personal preference at this time.

4 hours ago, DexAxl said:

If you asked when album dropped or 2-3 years after, everyone would say WTTJ or SCOM. Those two songs are what made GNR and AFD so popular but unfortunately both songs are extremely overplayed and people are voting for fucking RQ over Jungle.

Erm... maybe because some people prefer RQ over Jungle?

• Like 1

I still like the album as a whole, but if I have to put the songs in order and in groups from most to least favourites, right now it's:

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Rocket Queen

3. It's So Easy

4. Nightrain

5. Out Ta Get Me

6. Mr. Brownstone

-----------

7. Sweet Child

8. Paradise City

9. You're Crazy

10. My Michelle

----------

11. Think About You

12. Anything Goes

---

Sweet Child and Paradise City are in the second group only because they're overplayed. Jungle is overplayed too, but it's such a great song (and also the song that made me like GnR) that I can't rank it lower.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

I know it's overplayed (as most legendary songs are)- but I would put SCOM into a single elimination tournament of greatest rock songs ever and have no doubt whatsoever that it would at least make the semi-finals. That song has everything that makes Guns great IMHO- and it (along with its surprisingly "gritty" video) was the shot across the bow that put the entire industry on notice (WTTJ was great- but still left them as merely one of the best newcomers in "headbanger" land- SCOM was a different level)...

Hard one. I could easily go with WTTJ and MM, but I gave my vote to RQ this time.

Many memorable and different performances, the song is very versatile. From fantastic groove of Steven's drums  with classy hard rock sound at the Ritz 1988, the drunk performance ''you can dance to  this shit, come on honey'' in Nobblesville 1991, and now experimental solo contest Slash vs Richard. Like them all.

Just a bit sorry they didn't let Steven perform this song instead of OTG and MM. He would kill it.