07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

7 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

At least merge the threads... 

We created this as a show update thread to make it easier for people wanting real time updates, the other one is a bit more general discussion. I think there is room for both but I'll put your suggestion to the rest of the mod team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nathanhall said:

I've been thinking about this (ha ha, as all of us have) and I truly believe we're about to witness the original 5 for the first time in 27 years.

It's going to happen.

I doubt it. Having Izzy and Steven there would completely undermine the NITL tour and the semi-reunited lineup. Everybody would be asking why they weren't there previously, or why they wouldn't be there on the next American leg. It would be unwise to shoot oneself in the foot like that, and while GN'R's management isn't exactly a shining beacon of intelligence, i doubt they would be stupid enough to pay a larger amount of money to have Izzy and Steven for a night, only to damage the current standing of the band and the NITL tour.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nathanhall said:

I've been thinking about this (ha ha, as all of us have) and I truly believe we're about to witness the original 5 for the first time in 27 years.

It's going to happen.

I'm not sure if i'm going to kill myself out of happiness or sadness that i wasnt there after that

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I doubt it. Having Izzy and Steven there would completely undermine the NITL tour and the semi-reunited lineup. Everybody would be asking why they weren't there previously, or why they wouldn't be there on the next American leg. It would be unwise to shoot oneself in the foot like that, and while GN'R's management isn't exactly a shining beacon of intelligence, i doubt they would be stupid enough to pay a larger amount of money to have Izzy and Steven for a night, only to damage the current standing of the band and the NITL tour.

I don't believe it would take anything away from the NITL tour, nor would it hinder the tour from continuing as it has been.

The show at the Apollo Theatre is a celebration of Appetite for Destruction's 30th anniversary.  Steven has made appearances in the US last year which was mind blowing and the tour continued without him.

I think Richard, Melissa, Dizzy and Frank would step aside to let this historical moment happen knowing that the tour is still there for them when the North American tour kicks off in October.

We all know, that even if Izzy wanted to take on the rhythm guitarist part again for the rest of the NITL tour, "no" could be said without any sorrow.

The toughest part about all this is actually getting Izzy there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Will you be recording video too or just sound?

camera will be on the screen but its only audio stream. Ill set it up best I can 

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, nathanhall said:

I don't believe it would take anything away from the NITL tour, nor would it hinder the tour from continuing as it has been.

The show at the Apollo Theatre is a celebration of Appetite for Destruction's 30th anniversary.  Steven has made appearances in the US last year which was mind blowing and the tour continued without him.

I think Richard, Melissa, Dizzy and Frank would step aside to let this historical moment happen knowing that the tour is still there for them when the North American tour kicks off in October.

We all know, that even if Izzy wanted to take on the rhythm guitarist part again for the rest of the NITL tour, "no" could be said without any sorrow.

The toughest part about all this is actually getting Izzy there.

I'm afraid the problem is they not only failed to communicate about the money issue but also that failure has left some individuals butthurt and angry - definitely Izzy, I'm not sure who else. So all the other issues like hindering the tour aside, I don't think it is possible to make an exception and have Izzy there during that show, because the man is pissed off and likely to tell everyone to fuck off him now. As for Steven, I don't know, but his openness with the press might have made them reluctant to involve him anymore in whatever capacity, although who knows, maybe they will show him their human side once again. All in all I wouldn't expect the original line-up and at best a 3-song Steven appearance again.

Edited by Asia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nathanhall said:

It's going to happen.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.. But even if we did, you know they wouldn't give us the satisfaction of seeing the AFD5 do the whole album.. What one or two songs do you think they would do?

All this talk about Izzy being butthurt and the ASD being gilty of not offering a good loot...

Did it ever cross your minds that Izzy may not be interested on doing it?

The guy disappeared from his own solo tour leaving his bandmates and never toured again... I simply refuse to think its all Axls fault lol.

But it would be cool if he could show up at least for this one. 

• Like 1