07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

5 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

But it's always great to be allowed to dream for a few hours and live in a world thats perfect

I totally get that but my thing is this; the people that keep saying they're expecting it are going to come here and lose their minds when it doesn't happen as if it a was certainty.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I firmly believe anyone expecting to see the original lineup tomorrow night is setting themselves up for disappointment.

I tend to agree with you... but what really has me wondering is that we would have (almost certainly) heard something from Adler if he wasn't going to be there by now.  This event would be Adler's "Super Bowl" and there's no way he wouldn't be flipping out by now if he wasn't involved in some way.

The same goes for Izzy (to a much lesser extent, of course)...an event like this (AFD anniversary, small venue) screams Izzy Stradlin and the fact he's been radio/social media silent for some time now also has me wondering.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

Remember when they had a big announcement some months ago and it ended up as being more tour dates? People expected AFD5, got disappointed.

Now there's a big AFD 30th show and people are once again expecting AFD5. I wonder how happy they will be the day after.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I tend to agree with you... but what really has me wondering is that we would have (almost certainly) heard something from Adler if he wasn't going to be there by now.  This event would be Adler's "Super Bowl" and there's no way he wouldn't be flipping out by now if he wasn't involved in some way.

The same goes for Izzy (to a much lesser extent, of course)...an event like this (AFD anniversary, small venue) screams Izzy Stradlin and the fact he's been radio/social media silent for some time now also has me wondering.

I don't think that's true.  He didnt flip out or say anything...at all when he was dropped from the Troub show, and the tour.

We only found out about that when his moms book was coming out and he started talking to the media

So hearing nothing from Steven means just that....nothing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I don't think that's true.  He didnt flip out or say anything...at all when he was dropped from the Troub show, and the tour.

We only found out about that when his moms book was coming out and he started talking to the media

So hearing nothing from Steven means just that....nothing.

Maybe...but pretty sure he was still under gag order and he hoped to be in future shows with them at the time....different scenarios.    He's already come out since then and talked, meaning he doesn't care about any sort of gag orders, etc....unless he's involved with them again in some capacity.

I actually think Adler will be there....Izzy is still a longshot imo though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Maybe...but pretty sure he was still under gag order and he hoped to be in future shows with them at the time....different scenarios.    He's already come out since then and talked, meaning he doesn't care about any sort of gag orders, etc....unless he's involved with them again in some capacity.

I actually think Adler will be there....Izzy is still a longshot imo though.

I think Adler might be there but not Izzy and if Adler does play surely they've got to let him play different songs that isn't OTGM and My Michelle 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I firmly believe anyone expecting to see the original lineup tomorrow night is setting themselves up for disappointment.

While I agree with you, I would find it strange to celebrate the 30th anniversary of such an iconic album without all the players involved in attendance. Maybe Mike Clink will make a cameo...? Hah. 

• Like 4

I think there will be a big disappointment...

I'd like the full original lineup too (just to hear Izzy singin Dust N' Bones....) but we'll get the same lineup with the same setlist as NITL shows...

Only good point is that we'll get a near soundboard quality recording of this...

We're talking as die hard fans, other side is talking money...

43 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

I think Adler might be there but not Izzy and if Adler does play surely they've got to let him play different songs that isn't OTGM and My Michelle 

Exactly.  Steven MUST take part to this event. He deserves to be there as much as Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff. Without Steven, AFD wouldn't have been as great.

He deserves to be there, he deserves it much more than many people in the current line-up, obviously.

Edited by supercool
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, supercool said:

Exactly.  Steven MUST take part to this event. He deserves to be there as much as Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff. Without Steven, AFD wouldn't have been as great.

He deserves to be there, he deserves it much more than many people in the current line-up, obviously.

Yeah the guys passion for GNR is unmatched he needs to be there. His smile and happiness being behind the drum kit is worth paying the money for. As for Izzy given how he's always got on with the other 4 over recent years surely it won't take that much to agree a deal. Unfortunately I don't see it happening :max:

I'm an eternal optimist...I think Adler and Izzy will make appearances. I don't know how or who, but I think this show will be a very different/special show. Of course, I won't be surprised if it's just a normal show with the entire AFD played.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I totally get that but my thing is this; the people that keep saying they're expecting it are going to come here and lose their minds when it doesn't happen as if it a was certainty.

True, but whatever happening tomorrow, it is gonna be a shitstorme here anyway:shrugs:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bjasmund said:

I'm an eternal optimist...I think Adler and Izzy will make appearances. I don't know how or who, but I think this show will be a very different/special show. Of course, I won't be surprised if it's just a normal show with the entire AFD played.

I'll be surprised if Adler DOESN'T appear.

I'll be surprised if Izzy DOES appear.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alfierose said:

We created this as a show update thread to make it easier for people wanting real time updates, the other one is a bit more general discussion. I think there is room for both but I'll put your suggestion to the rest of the mod team.

I agree with the merge :)

• Like 2