07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

9 hours ago, alfierose said:

We created this as a show update thread to make it easier for people wanting real time updates, the other one is a bit more general discussion. I think there is room for both but I'll put your suggestion to the rest of the mod team.

No, please leave this one. It is way faster to check then the other but I see it is already getting plagued with irrelevant conversation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supercool said:

Exactly.  Steven MUST take part to this event. He deserves to be there as much as Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff. Without Steven, AFD wouldn't have been as great.

He deserves to be there, he deserves it much more than many people in the current line-up, obviously.

Fuck me, understatement of the year! :lol:

2 hours ago, IndiannaRose said:

While I agree with you, I would find it strange to celebrate the 30th anniversary of such an iconic album without all the players involved in attendance. Maybe Mike Clink will make a cameo...? Hah. 

And GNR would find it strange to do things properly. We all know how this band works and they always choose the wrong way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I tend to agree with you... but what really has me wondering is that we would have (almost certainly) heard something from Adler if he wasn't going to be there by now.  This event would be Adler's "Super Bowl" and there's no way he wouldn't be flipping out by now if he wasn't involved in some way.

The same goes for Izzy (to a much lesser extent, of course)...an event like this (AFD anniversary, small venue) screams Izzy Stradlin and the fact he's been radio/social media silent for some time now also has me wondering.

I know.  I realize they probably won't be, but can't help to hope.  You think they would have publically denied it by now.  Surely some fans or media have asked them.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No, please leave this one. It is way faster to check then the other but I see it is already getting plagued with irrelevant conversation.

We decided to lock the other one and move discussion here to avoid information being over 2 threads. I would like to remind everyone to stay on topic as we have asked for in all other show threads.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, G-Money said:

I was ready to bet any amount the AFD5 WON'T be there.

Then I had a dream last night that it DID happen.

Dang it. Now my hopes are higher than they were, against all odds. Why do we do this to ourselves???

I had a dream I was at a reunion show just a couple months before the reunion rumors started happening.. I hope there is something to it

• Like 1

No matter what this will be an awesome event.  

But my strong gut is this will not be simply the NITL set in a small venue.  whether that means guest performers from other bands, AFD from start to finish or Adler and/or Izzy for pieces of the set I have no clue.  But there is enough smoke to indicate they are doing something a bit different here.  Clearly the promotions w AFD 30 anniversary focus are a tell...they arent crazy.

I am heading in expecting to see the current group in a killer, intimate venue.  Anything else will be gravy.  but objectively, there is likely to be a surprise or two.  i dont think that will be the original 5 ripping through Jungle through Rocket Queen...but something cool is likely to happen.

• Like 2

like i said in the other thread, this will be just like any NITL show but in a smaller venue....if they were to play AFD in it's entirety they should've rehearsed think about you or anything goes on soundcheck during the euro tour and there's no single proof of that....so what i learn being a gnr is to keep my expectations to the minimum..

2 minutes ago, Gem Archer said:

like i said in the other thread, this will be just like any NITL show but in a smaller venue....if they were to play AFD in it's entirety they should've rehearsed think about you or anything goes on soundcheck during the euro tour and there's no single proof of that....so what i learn being a gnr is to keep my expectations to the minimum..

They did have a bit of a break to practice those songs if they needed to.

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I have pretty low expectations for this... Best case scenario - regular NITL show with Axl sounding good. What I fear will happen - regular NITL show with Axl sounding like he did in Europe.

wow, those are some low expectations. 

1 minute ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

She giving hint again about who will perform. 

I think everyone knows they will all perform. The question is whether there are guest appearances or a reunion of the original 5 mixed into the show in some capacity. 

• Like 1