07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

Steven mentioned that Fernie had told him about some cool AFD celebrations, would he really run the ideas pass Steven if he did not intend Steven to be there? Remember its Stevens anniversary too, can you imagine the conversation, "hey we're having a party partly in your honour, but frank will be playing you parts, you can come along and watch, and if you behave we will let you join in"  :facepalm:

Please No!

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

Maybe it is something,maybe not...

I am not so sure but if i remember correct Fernando have made some posts,dont remember if it was before Slane or after, (as video story)  on Instagram saying he was traveling to New York for some meetings.After some hours he made a post again and it was a pic inside the plane returnig back to Europe saying that he was returning from New York with good news and bad news also...

So i am thinking that maybe the good news was that he made a deal for the Apollo appearance and AFD 30th anniversary kind of and the bad news not a having an agreement for all original member to be on the scene again or only having Adler or Izzy...

We will see what will happen at the end.

Edited by Goran4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Tell me about it. That would be so generous from the band. "Let's give the drummer of AFD, couple of songs to play. And then let another guy, who has nothing to do with the creating of AFD, play the rest of the songs. ( songs, which he can't even play that well BTW)

All I have to say GN'R:

Kuvahaun tulos haulle you're crazy guns and roses

Spot on ?

• Like 2

I think Steven will be part of it, maybe he will play the whole Appetite and then theyll shift to frank to the other songs. 

Izzy... I dont think hes going to be there, I honestly think he doesnt want to be part of a big thing and if he shows up now it would just be a pressure to him cause the fans would want him touring and thats not a thing I think he wants to do. 

• Like 2

If anything, I think they might shake up the set list a little bit starting tomorrow night.. They could even play the the entire Appetite album and carry that on through the remainder of the North American tour..  It might not be as great having Frank and Fortus up there but it will still be cool. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maynard said:

Dude, Axl killed it in 06-10 and then with AXLDC. Even with video proof of all those shows, people still give the YouTube crap excuse everytime. Some people are just insane.

And some people like getting shat in the head as long as Axl is the ultimate rock troll omg so funny.

Exactly. AXLDC was last year and it's the best proof to show that Axl CHOOSES to sing like this with GnR. I will listen to this tomorrow, but i'm expecting something atrocious.

6 minutes ago, Ratam said:

And then let another guy, who has nothing to do with the creating of AFD, play the rest of the songs. ( songs, which he can't even play that well BTW)

He had randoms doing that very thing on guitar and bass too from the late 90s until Slash and Duff came back, it's not a new thing.

4 minutes ago, default_ said:

I think Steven will be part of it, maybe he will play the whole Appetite and then theyll shift to frank to the other songs. 

Izzy... I dont think hes going to be there, I honestly think he doesnt want to be part of a big thing and if he shows up now it would just be a pressure to him cause the fans would want him touring and thats not a thing I think he wants to do. 

Agree about Adler...

And Izzy...If the guys give him a lot of money..He'll be there!

1 minute ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Weird with NuGNR, Izzy appears here and there. But now that 3/5 original members reunited + AFD30, he wont be. I really hope he will show up.

Adler, I have higher hopes.

I guess if Izzy was going to appear, this is the type of show that he'd do.

With Adler, I hope that if he is there for this show, he remains with them for the rest of the tour playing (hopefully) on all the AFD songs as was the original plan.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, moreblack said:

He had randoms doing that very thing on guitar and bass too from the late 90s until Slash and Duff came back, it's not a new thing.

But this is the 30th anniversary/celebration of that record.  Not just some tour or gig.

• Like 3

I'd enjoy it too if they celebrated my favorite record tomorrow by playing it in its entirety. And extra bonus if Steven aand Izzy were there, too. I am usually not one for looking back but that record deserves a proper celebration so I am happy to make an exception. Do it properly! Then back to the program.