07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

7 minutes ago, Original said:

If we don't have an AFD reunion now will we ever?   And I hope that Frank/Melissa/Dizzy and Fortus are there only to watch/support/learn.  Like put em in a nice suite etc...

If they couldn't put their differences aside and make it work for the 30th anniversary I don't see it happening at all. I have doubts they'll all be alive for the 40th, better yet the 50th. I also keenly remember Adler saying he wouldn't do anything else with Guns unless Izzy was involved too. So as long as he stuck to his word and that forum member earlier is correct that he's in town, we're in for a treat. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Been down that road before.

Oh.... And as I reminder:

Personal insults are against the forun rules. I realize this is a very touchy subject to many people on both sides of the fence but please try to make your case without insulting other users. 

I don't want to have to remove more posts and give out any more warning points. 

Thank you! 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I didn't go to any shows until Slash returned so why wouldn't  Izzy fans do the same? 

That's a huge difference. Izzy isn't even known as a musician outside die hard GNR fans, journalists, and rock n roll aficionados. Izzy hasn't contributed to the musical landscape in an impactful manner since leaving GNR. And the so-called Izzy fans didn't forsake GNR during the UYI tour, this Izzy movement is solely based on forums like this amongst a very small number of people. There may be a 1000 people in the world who truly feel strongly about his inclusion. And a 1000 is a high number. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dan_axl said:

Complaints... Complaints... Complaints...

Now Guns N' Roses is:

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Reed

and Melissa.

That is the truth!! 

Seens this forum is about another band like Motley Crue or Nirvana... Only haters!! 

What, no drummer then? lol

• Like 3

Hard to believe the paps aren't all over this.   No pics of anyone in/around town?   Unless it's not a pap worthy story which is hard to believe being NYC and all.  Think they'd be our best source to locate an Izzy or Steven.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dan_axl said:

Yes, there is! It's Frank Ferrer...

They are Guns N Roses...

and I didn't disrespect anyone! It's just my opinion...

3 of those you mentioned are Guns N' Roses. The rest are hired hands. List me all the GN'R songs Fortus wrote/co-wrote and I'll gladly list you Izzy's. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I am an Izzy fan, I chose not to attend any of the European dates after much deliberation because I decided that to stump up the cash I really need Izzy to be there, that doesn't make me a cry baby. I'm enjoying what's going down, the shows I have watched have been great, I am happy for those who are getting everything they want, but Slash and Axl aren't enough of a pull for me.

I hope you get your full AFD tomorrow, whilst your enjoying it just remember what a large part the person you are insulting played in making that album. 

Out of likes but this gets one. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That's a huge difference. Izzy isn't even known as a musician outside die hard GNR fans, journalists, and rock n roll aficionados. Izzy hasn't contributed to the musical landscape in an impactful manner since leaving GNR. And the so-called Izzy fans didn't forsake GNR during the UYI tour, this Izzy movement is solely based on forums like this amongst a very small number of people. There may be a 1000 people in the world who truly feel strongly about his inclusion. And a 1000 is a high number. 

Lmao at 1000. The man has sold 10's of millions of records that he wrote 70% of. I think its well above 1000. Unless that same 1000 went to every Ju Ju Hounds show. 

54 minutes ago, JustanUrchin said:

The singer

The singer

the singer

He has a name, y'know?

57 minutes ago, JustanUrchin said:

And what about you, the AFD fan?  Will you continue to line the pockets of S/D/A this fall by purchasing trinkets and $300 tickets to listen to 30-year old songs performed by 3 originals and their cover band?

If people are happy to do that, what's the problem?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Fuck man.... They couldn't get it together for one night at the Rock N' Roll HOF... Please just get it right for one night tomorrow.. You will make a lot of long time fucking fans happy...

Out of likes, but THIS!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindsorBoy147 said:

I just don't get most of you, You would argue with your own shadow given the chance...

We don't even know what is going to happen tomorrow , but you all just busy cussing and being damn nasty to each other...Patience see what happens ..

This! 

I figured we had at least til the show was over for people to start going nuts on each other over things like Izzys song writing credits and guitar skills versus Richard's! Lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigpoop said:

If I were Izzy I wouldn't go anywhere near this. What, these guys go out and rake in 300 million or whatever it is, and he's supposed to just show up for this token celebration? It's insulting.

Exactly why he probably won't be there tomorrow unless this band collectively gets their head out of their ass.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1