07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

5 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

How cool would it be to play only non-Appetite material from 10pm-12am, then at the stroke of midnight on the anniversary, Izzy and Steven are introduced and they rip thru the entire AFD?

Of course this will never happen because this band doesn't care that much.

It could. I have been thinking that as the perfect scenario for a few weeks now.. That would officially be boner jam time...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

How cool would it be to play only non-Appetite material from 10pm-12am, then at the stroke of midnight on the anniversary, Izzy and Steven are introduced and they rip thru the entire AFD?

Of course this will never happen because this band doesn't care that much.

As long as the first two hours doesn't consist of all 71 minutes of chinese democracy, a 40 minute long version of KOHD (with a returning Tracey and Roberta), and the Seeker, before heading into AFD, it would be pretty cool! :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustanUrchin said:

Rumor has it that tomorrow is the celebration of AFD.  That means the five individuals who signed a recording K with Geffen, formed a p’ship, registered said p’ship and marks, and wrote, recorded and toured one of the most iconic albums in rock history.  Oh, and it was (and will forever remain) the #1 selling debut album of all-time.  For comparative purposes, next year is the 10-year anniversary of my team’s WS championship.  I can guarantee you that no one, quite literally, would accept Middelton, the Bucks or Montgomery trotting out anything less than ALL 25 living members of that squad EXCEPT Jayson Werth who’s playing for another team.  And that includes no stunt doubles or look-a-likes.  Everyone knows Phillies fans would n-e-v-e-r accept such a fraud, and ESPECIALLY if Middleton, the Bucks or Montgomery refused to bring back all 25 for pecuniary gain.  They’d be figuratively lynched for even considering such a fraud, and no one would give another hard-earned dollar to that franchise except for the random ownership apologist.

To the above quote.  How anyone can post, contrary to known public fact, legal impossibility with such conviction is nothing short of stupefying.  Slash has his own separate management and counsel.  Duff has his own separate management and counsel.  The singer is ‘managed’ by live-ins.  Gn’R is a trademark.  Gn’R is NOT a “band” consisting of S/D/A and AR’s employees (the what-have-yous on “keys,” Adler’s fourth replacement and the Izzy look-a-like).  The singer has owned that mark since NYE ’95 when he quit Original Gn’R (“Leaving Partner”) to form “a new band” and “a new p’ship” (quoting the singer’s legal notice and averments in pleadings).  Anyone reading any post referencing ‘Gn’R management’ immediately knows that whatever follows such an assertion is fictional because there is no ‘Gn’R management.’

Adler will be rockin his authentic swing and party feel to HIS songs.  But what about Izzy?  And what about you, the AFD fan?  Will you continue to line the pockets of S/D/A this fall by purchasing trinkets and $300 tickets to listen to 30-year old songs performed by 3 originals and their cover band?  There is no quarter of a billion dollar tour, trinketfest, and synch/licensing extravaganza without AFD just as there was no ’08 WS championship without those 25 Phillies.

AFD was and is authentic.  It is timeless.  What about tomorrow?  Have S/D/A, with their pot (now mountain) of gold, agreed to compensate/split the loot with that final fifth to man his side of the stage tomorrow for HIS songs?  Forget about LN and American arenas this fall, tomorrow is a S/D/A decision promoted by Sirius as a AFD celebration.

Great post, I agree 100 %.

14 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up.. But even if we did, you know they wouldn't give us the satisfaction of seeing the AFD5 do the whole album.. What one or two songs do you think they would do?

If it does happen, I think more than 2 songs. Adler may have been a cameo already but if Izzy appears & if its not a full show of Appetite5 then encore with Izzy with 3 songs at least.  I think similar to Troubadour 2016. 

Possible Set(keeping in mind the promo said songs from entire career)

ISE, BS, CD, Jungle, DTJ, Better, Estranged, LNLD, YCBM, Rocket Queen, Michelle & OTGM (with Adler), Godfather, SCOM, Attitude, Better, KOHD, Nightrain

Encore with AFD5: Think About You, UTLH, Patience, PC    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charliehoodger said:

Weird request but does someone have a good quality pic of the appetite 30th poster around new York. I was going to post aomething on Instagram but don't have any good versions if that times square ad

DFH95lwWsAAB4hp.jpg

DFEnIEzXYAAr2eU.jpg

No automatic alt text available.

DE-s-LCXYAA4ZfO.jpg

These are the main pics floating around....

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

If it does happen, I think more than 2 songs. Adler may have been a cameo already but if Izzy appears & if its not a full show of Appetite5 then encore with Izzy with 3 songs at least.  I think similar to Troubadour 2016. 

Possible Set(keeping in mind the promo said songs from entire career)

ISE, BS, CD, Jungle, DTJ, Better, Estranged, LNLD, YCBM, Rocket Queen, Michelle & OTGM (with Adler), Godfather, SCOM, Attitude, Better, KOHD, Nightrain

Encore with AFD5: Think About You, UTLH, Patience, PC    

Too bad they'll just play the same old set list, a little cameo with steven and that's it. I wish I'm wrong, but this is gnr. That's what they do. Haha

NovemberComa, he did look silly but in his defense, for not knowing the song that well( allegedly), he nailed the fuck out of CW, and DOTF,   'What Would Have Been'  is a sentiment felt by the hardest of true 'gnr' fans, also would make a cool song title ?

• Like 1

Just now, Italian girl said:

People here are obsessed with Izzy, as if he is the victim.

No he's not. He chose to leave many years ago and not to come back.

What should the others do? Playing without a rhythm guitarist to respect izzy's decision?

I don't understand and I don't want to!!

I'm Happy with this band and I can't wait for tonight. 

Hope that Tomorrow Morning all the haters here are gone. Too much people writing.

Just because someone talks, wishes or dreams about Izzy being a part of the show doesn't make them a hater...

• Like 2

Steven was a part of that unpredictable 'bad-ass' swagger that made up the band ( all 5 of them had it, many of the books I own on them always had them coming off as brothers and a gang, their musical talent on top of all that made them 'legend' , if Batman were a band he would be 'Guns n Roses' ( sorry dudes I'm super excited!)

• Like 1