07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Something else just crossed my mind and this is more of a general public thing than it will be for us forum users:

I wonder if a lot of people will be bitching tomorrow about how "Axl came on late as always!". The opener isn't even going on til 9 which means that GN'R won't be on til 10:30 at the earliest and probably closer to 11, which is right on time. I'm guessing a lot of people will just ignore that fact and bitch up a storm about how they were "late" just due to the regularly scheduled start time that they mistake for a late start.

I will try to record the show but as i live in Denmark, and I have to be up in the middle of the night to do this, I think it would be great to know the exact start time - but we can always be sure that the supportband starts on time :blink:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

All these assholes telling Steven and Izzy fans to move on when:

1. They refused to move on when Slash and Duff weren't in the band. 

2. They're celebrating Appetite For Destruction 30th Anniversary with giant skulls of Steven and Izzy lighting up Times Square. 

What the fuck? 

Slash and Duff aren't Steven and Izzy. GNR had a great world tour without them. They couldn't move on without Slash.

It's funny how people that are happy with what they get, great shows with Axl, Slash and Duff, are called assholes. Maybe you're the asshole.

All this doesn't mean I hate Steven  or Izzy or don't see their importance. I would like to see them there also, but it's just a band. And it's not my life, it's theirs.

• Like 1

Damn. GN'R fans truly are crazy huh? 

I remember a few years back, Team Slash (or those who wants them to reunite) vs. ADF(Axl Defense Force). Axl/NuGN'R apologists will say Slash is not part of the band anymore, to "deal with it", etc. Fast forward a few years- ADF accepted Slash back and now targeting Izzy supporters. So does that mean a few years from now(or even tonight), Izzy will be back?! 

And next will be ADF vs. Gilby fans?!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lio said:

Slash and Duff aren't Steven and Izzy. GNR had a great world tour without them. They couldn't move on without Slash.

It's funny how people that are happy with what they get, great shows with Axl, Slash and Duff, are called assholes. Maybe you're the asshole.

All this doesn't mean I hate Steven  or Izzy or don't see their importance. I would like to see them there also, but it's just a band. And it's not my life, it's theirs.

Not calling people who are happy assholes. Just the people telling Steven and Izzy fans to move on. They dont have to if they dont want to. 

I for one want to see the reason I'm a professional musician and guitar store owner back playing in the band he founded for at least one show to celebrate an album he co-wrote. Not Fortus, not Gilby. Izzy fucking Stradlin. 

Also that 'great world tour' you speak of is entirely subjective as is this one. If Gilby Clarke, a horn section, late starts, riots and 20 backing singers is your thing then thats fine. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

The sad part about the gig is, if it is a celebration of AFD 30th anniversary, we're gonna have Frank, Richard, Dizzy and Melissa on stage acting like they contributed to the legacy. I'm able to give Richard a  pass as I think he's an awesome replacement if Izzy can't or won't or isn't allowed to be there but for fuck sakes having Frank on drums when Steven is available(or Matt even) and having Dizzy fuck up Jungle with his stupid bongos and having the blue haired little Jpop wannabe "rockin" behind the keyboards as if she's contributing a  damn thing is so disgraceful in many ways.  Having said that, this is better than nothing though. Hopefully Axl brings it AC/DC style and not Disney style. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bono said:

The sad part about the gig is, if it is a celebration of AFD 30th anniversary, we're gonna have Frank, Richard, Dizzy and Melissa on stage acting like they contributed to the legacy. I'm able to give Richard a  pass as I think he's an awesome replacement if Izzy can't or won't or isn't allowed to be there but for fuck sakes having Frank on drums when Steven is available(or Matt even) and having Dizzy fuck up Jungle with his stupid bongos and having the blue haired little Jpop wannabe "rockin" behind the keyboards as if she's contributing a  damn thing is so disgraceful in many ways.  Having said that, this is better than nothing though. Hopefully Axl brings it AC/DC style and not Disney style. 

I havent followed much of the Euro tour. Was Axl goin Disney for the most part?

1 hour ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Also that 'great world tour' you speak of is entirely subjective as is this one. If Gilby Clarke, a horn section, late starts, riots and 20 backing singers is your thing then thats fine. 

Sorry, but I need to address this. Objectively speaking, it was a huge success. They were on top of the world, they sold out huge venues, the FM Tribute... You implying anyone would call it huge due to Gilby, Tracy and Roberta and the horn section is ridiculous.

To me personally, subjectively, it sucked major ass, because my show was cancelled.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Lio said:

Sorry, but I need to address this. Objectively speaking, it was a huge success. They were on top of the world, they sold out huge venues, the FM Tribute... You implying anyone would call it huge due to Gilby, Tracy and Roberta and the horn section is ridiculous.

To me personally, subjectively, it sucked major ass, because my show was cancelled.

You didn't say 'succesful' or 'huge'. You used the word 'great'. 

Also I dont care how much money said members make from a tour and what their bank balance is. Thats so beyond what rock n roll is for me its unfathomable. A 'great' tour to me is if I enjoy it. Simple. 

Edit: sorry your show was cancelled though. That sucks. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

Sorry for the off-topic but I must say that me and Russ disagree in lots of stuff and I'm a pain in the ass to the mods team but we always got along very well. At least from my end. But I think Russ 'gets' me and what I'm on about. And although I will always prefer Slash for the lead guitar spot in GNR, Robin is my favorite guitar player ever so there's that :lol:

Sorry for the OT.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

And WTF does that mean? Seems like people here simply don't have "it" to understand that what made GNR was the alchemy of ALL the 5 dudes... 

Izzy's contributions to the UYI albums was minimal. And Steven didn't contribute at all. So the big 3 are the "alchemy" necessary for the success of GNR. Furthermore, GNR were the biggest band in the world with Gilby and Matt, so I guess the rest of the world didn't get the alchemy of the 5 dudes. Axl, Slash, and Duff are all that has been nesscesary since 1992.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Izzy's contributions to the UYI albums was minimal. And Steven didn't contribute at all. So the big 3 are the "alchemy" necessary for the success of GNR. Furthermore, GNR were the biggest band in the world with Gilby and Matt, so I guess the rest of the world didn't get the alchemy of the 5 dudes. Axl, Slash, and Duff are all that has been nesscesary since 1992.  

Izzy wrote/co-wrote 12 songs on Use Your Illusion.

Played guitar on 25 songs.

Sang lead vocals on 4 songs. 

Minimal my fat Scottish hole. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

All these assholes telling Steven and Izzy fans to move on when:

1. They refused to move on when Slash and Duff weren't in the band. 

2. They're celebrating Appetite For Destruction 30th Anniversary with giant skulls of Steven and Izzy lighting up Times Square. 

What the fuck? 

What a classy lady

Band purposely uses nostalgic imagery and iconography to promote the NITL tour – symbols, images and music associated with Axl, Slash, Duff AND Izzy and Steven – hold a SiriusXM concert on the night leading up to and through (?) the 30th anniversary of AFD – Which only 5 musicians were apart of creating (Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven) and.........

“We need to move on!”

funny-gif5.gif

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Like 2