07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

31 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm just going to put this out there, I've never been one to complain about Axl's vocals but this is getting out of hand. I listened to the SBD of this show and couldn't make it past Yesterdays. Seriously only the first three tracks sounded good.

Coming from you that's quite an indictment.

I ended up listening to "You could be Mine" and "Yesterdays". They sound like 2002 Axl is singing them. 

13 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

That performance of YCBM and My Michelle was sickening...I quit listening to the stream during RQ yesterday 

Yeah - there's just no power in his vocals at all. This is a worrying sign and they're inexplicably adding even more shows to the tour this year. 

I can't really see how this is going to work, he's already struggling here. The european leg exhausted his vocals.

7 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

That Japan gig has 12 solo's and jams so it doesn't even come close to the Inglewood show

GN'R could walk on stage in St Louis on Thursday and jam for 5 hours straight and it would still get the record for being the longest GN'R gig. What they play during the gig doesn't change how long the gig is.

Listen, I'm not trying to say that the 2009 NuGuns gig in Japan was better than the amazing gig in Inglewood, because in my opinion it wasn't. But I am however saying that counting from the second they walked on stage to the second they walked off the stage then the Japan gig was longer.

27 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

That's far away from "an Axl Rose disaster".. Axl was spot on.. man "Mickey" here & there and? I'm sick of the endless discussion about "Axl's  voice". I enjoyed the livestream, it was nice to hear a soundboard recording.

Agreed. He's never going to sound like 1991 again, but he can still put on a good show. I had a lot of fun last night listening to the stream on my sound system in my living room, and I can't stop playing the recording.

So what exactly happened to Frank on Nightrain? Someone said he was hurt?

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

That performance of YCBM and My Michelle was sickening...I quit listening to the stream during RQ yesterday 

I actually caught the show while RQ was playing and had to turn It off. I grew up with this band when they were In their prime and back then you never had to turn It off or worry about whether Axl was going to sound so bad that you actually felt embarrassed for him.  I was pumped up after coming on the forum and seeing all of the positive talk regarding how great he sounded and than he started singing. Wow, It was brutal and I am really not sure how there could even be a debate. Regardless of how he sounds, I will never pass up the opportunity to  see them live when they are In my area and It looks like the T-mobile arena In November will be that show. The truth Is , Axl needs to get back Into AC/DC as soon as possible. 

• Like 4

Even if there was sound board of the "good" shows from NA 2016 they would still sound "bad" compared to '85 - '93! It is what it is folks ain't none of 'em in their prime anymore. Similarly the danger is gone from the band. Man back in the day not knowing what Axl was gonna do was only made this band all the more interesting and unique!

Edited by bc rich

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I fell asleep during the stream and am only catching up now -

What the fuck was Frank doing on Nightrain?! He usually kills it, was there some sort of technical difficulty? Did he have a stroke? Does he need an adult?

Damn it Frank I've been defending you on here for years!

7 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I fell asleep during the stream and am only catching up now -

What the fuck was Frank doing on Nightrain?! He usually kills it, was there some sort of technical difficulty? Did he have a stroke? Does he need an adult?

Damn it Frank I've been defending you on here for years!

Apparently there was sth wrong with his right hand and he had it tended to during or after the song?

9 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I was talking to him and he said he will be mixing another angle and will post it in a week or so.

He said BEST SHOW OF MY LIFE!!!

Great news, I see that he's uploaded a few more. Hopefully if he does have the entire thing, he'll share it with the rest of us! Incredible recordings, the fact that we have a soundboard recording too makes it even more enjoyable.

5 hours ago, RONIN said:

Coming from you that's quite an indictment.

I ended up listening to "You could be Mine" and "Yesterdays". They sound like 2002 Axl is singing them. 

I liked his vocals in 2002 as it was clean but with plenty of power and control, but even then that style did not suit YCBM. These days it sounds like he's not even trying and that's why I've had enough lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

My Michelle used to be one of the highlights last year, up there with Out Ta Get Me and Nightrain. Now it's painful to listen

Really? Most of the versions I have heard of My Michelle kind of sucked.. They were blowing the Doors of OTGM but his voice hasn't been that strong the last few times

7 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Axl was ALWAYS going to be the weak link of the reunion. Thats precisely the reason I never thought it would happen. That was inevitable. It was impossible not to be the case cause he has the most strenuous job. And I'm not apologizing for him, but everyone should have known Axl was always going to be the weak link. He did well last year, even though most of that might have been us just drinking in this return. Although I did think he sounded better.

As for the business side, I'm not sure what the case is. I'd almost say Slash and Duff should have threatened to walk if Izzy doesn't get his fair share. Just to see, but I get that that could have backfired and ruined everything they were building towards. I think in my head I can't imagine Axl is the ONLY one preventing them from being there. I believe he's a big part of it, but Slash and Duff obviously agreed. Of the three I side with Axl the least, but I have to put all the big 3 in there. No matter's who's specific fault it is, they all agreed and have to own it. I do not blame Axl for why Izzy and Steven aren't there, you have to blame all of the big 3. Also, and maybe its just me, but if it is majority Axl then Izzy who is his so called friend IMO should never forgive him. Axl claims to adore this man and if he's preventing him from being there Izzy should badmouth him for the rest of his life (but obviously he won't). But thats why it seems hard for me to believe its just Axl, cause they were always kind of the closest.

Axl's vocal decline is a huge reason why they can't afford to have a shitty backing band.. They need to pick up some of the Slack

8 hours ago, Pishy said:

If it was up to me, I would drop Melissa and ferrer into the ocean 

I wish it was up to you... I was watching the It's So Easy video again last night which is really good but you could hear Melissa all over it which was kind of disgusting.. I heard her on it at the Troubador too.. I ended up thinking it was Richard's electronic sounding guitar tone but no, it is Melissa.. I wish she would stay the fuck off songs like that..

• Like 1