07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wish it was up to you... I was watching the It's So Easy video again last night which is really good but you could hear Melissa all over it which was kind of disgusting.. I heard her on it at the Troubador too.. I ended up thinking it was Richard's electronic sounding guitar tone but no, it is Melissa.. I wish she would stay the fuck off songs like that..

Dude uses a hollow body Gretsch and a Supro, how can that even sound electronic

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am really digging the audio and videos

I love everything about the audio. The mix is pretty much perfect at or least I thought so from one listen. 

I hate that the "I LOVE YOU AXL" guy is all over the recording, but I'll get over it eventually lol

5 hours ago, Gibbo said:

3.10 mark :awesomeface:

Damn, was that the first time, he's used that kind of a voice on that part of the song? Really awesome! Hopefully he'll sing it like that always from now on. I guess Axl does listen to the fans and tries to come up with different ways he could sing certain parts without sounding like Mickey. That voice was really cool and improved the live version of that song a lot!

These are amazing videos. Love seeing the band so close.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

you can hear his voice rapidly change pitches and tones in a digital-sounding manner, it sort of cuts out halfway through "all that i want- NOW i know you better"

I think someone's probably adjusting the sounds and making minor pitch/tone corrections to Axl's vocals on certain parts. So it's not lip syncing. It's just some digital effect, I think.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Damn, was that the first time, he's used that kind of a voice on that part of the song? Really awesome! Hopefully he'll sing it like that always from now on. I guess Axl does listen to the fans and tries to come up with different ways he could sing certain parts without sounding like Mickey. That voice was really cool and improved the live version of that song a lot!

These are amazing videos. Love seeing the band so close.

Hope he uses this voice more frequently. Sounds really bad-ass :headbang:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If Axl were lip syncing, I'm sure he'd choose far better vocal tracks to use. 

2 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I think someone's probably adjusting the sounds and making minor pitch/tone corrections to Axl's vocals on certain parts. So it's not lip syncing. It's just some digital effect, I think.

i wonder if this is melissa's role :o

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I really don't get what people have to complain about. We got a fucking great stream of a fantastic show. The band was on point, and Axl sounded great for the most part. I think the GNR community in general is just way too fucking spoiled for its own good. It's ridiculous.

Spoiled? Because we got a free stream? Sorry, I disagree.

The band sounded fucking great, unfortuneately Axl did not, and for the life of me I cannot figure out the praise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

They've rehearsed Perfect Crime and Slither has been on the alternate setlist for a while now. I have no faith in anything new until its actually played. Rehearsals of songs we actually want to hear largely mean nothing.

I was really hoping Perfect Crime would be played but with ferrer, it could be a disaster. In axl' s current state, he couldn't pull it off, a no intensity PC would be a crime against all.  I also want to hear Locomotive, Breakdown, The Garden, Bad Apples and Izzy on Dust n Bones and 14 Years. But I'm glad Coma and Estranged get played. Why not the UYUII version of Don't Cry?  If real GnR was playing, it would be possible and I leave space for Fortus because that man is awesome. But with axl's new voice, and no Izzy or Adler, none of this happens. 

Update: I would die to hear "You're Crazy", Lies version and Appetite version . I love both. The Lies version really demonstrates Axl's profound intuition, it's brilliant.  

Edited by Pishy
Added