07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

I know this BETTER topic is beat to death but can we ALL agree that this is by far the BEST version of that song we've ever heard lol. He killed it on CD, Better to be totally honest. Don't remember much about Sorry because I was running on fumes because it was like 1/130 when I was listening.

27 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

Anybody know what celebrities were in attendance?  I was there in the lower mezzanine. Didn't see any near me, but I also wasn't really looking. 

i read in poster what were in attendance Sofia Vergara and her husband and  John McEnroe ,not know who more

6 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Sofia Vergara and her husband Joe Manganiello (who caught the mic), and I also saw Tony Hawk and his wife.

Yah, it was them, plus John McEnroe and Patrick Wilson.

A Sirius guy told me that Jimmy Fallon and his wife were supposed to come but decided not to. I'm also 99% sure I ended up with his tickets.

Fun fact, the back of me & my friend's heads are on Sofia Vergara's instagram (I have the huge pony tail and he's next to me in the black shirt).

20157763_976767573315_689331252546615152

Edited by BangoSkank
added picture
  • Like 2

Just now, BangoSkank said:

Yah, it was them, plus John McEnroe and Patrick Wilson.

A Sirius guy told me that Jimmy Fallon and his wife were supposed to come but decided not to. I'm also 99% sure I ended up with his tickets.

I saw Tony and debated going over and saying Hi and asking for a picture, but ultimately decided not to. I'm not one to do that usually anyway, but I thought when am I ever going to see Tony Hawk again?! Oh well though.

Unfortunately I didn't actually see any of the other celebrities myself. Certainly would have loved to meet Sofia...

1 minute ago, Black Sabbath said:

I saw Tony and debated going over and saying Hi and asking for a picture, but ultimately decided not to. I'm not one to do that usually anyway, but I thought when am I ever going to see Tony Hawk again?! Oh well though.

Unfortunately I didn't actually see any of the other celebrities myself. Certainly would have loved to meet Sofia...

I'm a complete idiot and didn't recognize her. Her husband was waaaay into it though, which was great to see.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gibbo said:

3.10 mark :awesomeface:

Surely this is the better video!

Release as a single with the "new intro" and include this live version.

G n' R have a hit single (coz slash is on it) and Axl happy as it's a CD hit! 

That Axl better performance was dedicated to Slash (secretly)

2 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

I'm a complete idiot and didn't recognize her. Her husband was waaaay into it though, which was great to see.

Yeah he's a big fan. Awesome to hear he was rocking out!

Sometimes you forget that celebrities have favorite bands and shit too, so it's cool when you hear about them going to see concerts and getting into it - especially when it's your favorite band too.

1 hour ago, mrw80 said:

Anybody know what celebrities were in attendance?  I was there in the lower mezzanine. Didn't see any near me, but I also wasn't really looking. 

Noah Syndergaard and girlfriend, Drea de Matteo, McEnroe, Jimmy Iovine (I believe) were the ones near me (in addition to sofia V and that Joe dude who were mentioned).  didnt see Patrick WIlson or Tony Hawk but sure they were there

Also Axl was pretty focused on that Sasha girl and her friends in the box to the upper left as you look at stage

Edited by vail2004

27 minutes ago, Pishy said:

@bangoskank  how do you post a photo? I want to post Slash during Rocket Queen doing his epic talk box/solo . I had to shrink down the avatar to a blurry mess to fit it.

In the bottom right of the Reply Box there's a down arrow that says "Insert Other Media", use that one.

4 minutes ago, Dean said:

Just stumbled across this, guessing it's after the show going by the upload date?

There really is no shame in these guys in the way they go about filming celebrities.

He looks a bit like Mickey Rourke.

4 minutes ago, Dean said:

Just stumbled across this, guessing it's after the show going by the upload date?

There really is no shame in these guys in the way they go about filming celebrities.

This is so messed up and disgusting, they want to consume him. He is a singer, he sang and performed, can they f off now? Why do people think they have a right to corner people like this and get in their face? they have no respect whatsoever.  And where are his friends, why didn't they just take him to one of the many cabs out there? It really makes me sick, they would suck his blood out if they could because they worship fame and wealth, he is irrelevant in the whole thing otherwise they would show some concern that he needed to find his ride and go, instead of capitalizing off of his situation. Some low shit right here.

From what I can gather the car he was supposed to travel in was full, someone directed people into the wrong car.....So his normal car was full...

I have a big issue with whoever named the title of that video though..."Axl clubbing, can't find his car"....typical sensationalists fashion..:facepalm:

Edited by Nostalgia^

17 minutes ago, Dean said:

First time I've seen him mad in a LONG time...No wonder ! He had NO car...Looking a bit rough but still signed and they

really were pestering him with that faux "You the best Ax" bullshit, he doesn't believe a word of it, so STFU !
Nice to see he still has it in him though :P I wouldn't wanna make him mad !

16 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

First time I've seen him mad in a LONG time...No wonder ! He had NO car...Looking a bit rough but still signed and they

really were pestering him with that faux "You the best Ax" bullshit, he doesn't believe a word of it, so STFU !

Check out Better from france this year, wasn't that long since he was mad :P

31 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

These idiots yell AXL!Axl!! And his bodyguard seem mad,worst what Axl

11 hours ago, Ratam said:

These idiots yell AXL!Axl!! And his bodyguard seem mad,worst what Axl

i feel sorry for Axl here, he's being cool and signing stuff for fans-- then all these idiots start getting in his face following him and yelling, the poor guy; Axl; looks confused and lonely.

Edited by melina i

19 minutes ago, melina i said:

i feel sorry for Axl here, he's being nice and signing stuff for fans-- then all these idiots start getting in his face following him and yelling, the poor guy; Axl; looks confused.

Yes,he was nice,many noisy,bu how his entourage not prepare in advance call cab someone what not is celebritie  call a cab in advance, Axl  payment many people for this,yes as you said poor Axl

• Like 1