07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

1 minute ago, marlingrl03 said:

But is is pretty damn awful that no one in his entourage chose to get the f out of the car or at least lead him to one, come on now....

I do not know. You are speaking to the wrong person as I do not even know why anyone should have an 'entourage'. Diva like bollocks. If those idiots told me ''get against the wall'' also I'd lamp them one - they have no legal authority over citizens just because they suck up to some jumped up rock star.

• Like 2

That performance of Patience is probably my favorite single performance of the this bands lineup so far. Absolutely ripping vocals from Axl at the end. Only misstep is the "I need you" part. He's getting the hang of that lower "demonic" vocal that he's been unleashing lately. I love it.

Listened to the concert with earbuds at work Thursday night and just listened to probably half the concert in my car,  the difference was night and day.  Axl   sounded much worse in my car.  Maybe the difference in opinion on this board has to do with how it was heard??  I have no clue on the subject, just wondering..

7 hours ago, charliehoodger said:

Is that easy to find? RIM?

Sorry I meant Rock AM ring. I guess they did Rock IM that year too though, so it may be a great version but I haven't heard it. Rewatching it, it's not actually the best... but god damn they sounded so good in 2006, Brain sounded killer on Better, and Axl jumping off stage reminds me of the 80s 90s Axl.

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I agree.. It is just good in comparisons to the to other performances this tour.. The tempos are definitely perplexing still and I think it effects Slash's solos.. He used to have some pretty awesome solos during this song.

I can't remember where, maybe Axl said it in one of the two interviews but he mentioned how the guys raised the tempos of a few songs in the set, so I think the songs like RQ which are quite a bit faster is a conscious decision from the band. I much prefer the past versions of the song before the NITL tour, but what can ya do.  

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

You can voice your opinion...  I think they listen... \m/

To the band - Please stop doing that wanky band jam in the middle of RQ, please slow the song down and groove on it a bit more, yours sincerely Tom2112 p.s throw in Pretty tied up :thumbsup:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

To the band - Please stop doing that wanky band jam in the middle of RQ, please slow the song down and groove on it a bit more, yours sincerely Tom2112 p.s throw in Pretty tied up :thumbsup:

I can tell you I can tell you I can tell you she's the right one....

• Like 3

OK...during better....at 4:30 (of markit aneight's AWESOME video) , as a life long fan of this band, to see "All that I wan-ted was..." and then a motion to slash...that was awesome - in MY OPINON -  it made me so happy, even if it meant nothing. Just awesome!

Edited by conjurer
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, conjurer said:

OK...during better....at 4:30 (of markit aneight's AWESOME video) , as a life long fan of this band, to see "All that I wan-ted was..." and then a motion to slash...that was awesome - in MY OPINON -  it made me so happy, even if it meant nothing. Just awesome!

I know what you mean. It's nice to see them working the old on-stage chemistry, even if it is in small doses and occasionally peppered with some awkwardness (see RQ when Axl goes to do the 'hand on shoulder' thing and Slash, not seeing him, moves away, leaving Axl with nowhere to put his hand.  Bloody funny.  But yeah, even a small amount of interaction between Axl and Slash does wonders for the overall performance.  Axl is beaming, Duff is looking pleased with himself, Slash is jumping and leaping...whole band seemed right into it that night.  It's almost a shame they have to return those soulless stadiums.

On 7/23/2017 at 1:26 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Pretty amazing stuff for 3/5 of the band in 2017..

I was half asleep listening to this live (was past 1 am I think) but after hearing it again, absolutely fantastic performance from everyone....the best Patience of the tour (the ones I've heard anyway) imo.  :thumbsup::thumbsup:  And after listening to a bunch of the other tracks again, going to give the show a solid 8/10 (was previously 7/10).

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1