07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

2 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Super brief but he asked the staff if anyone attended. He commented that they played until 1:30 in the morning and by all accounts they never sounded better, this led into a promo for the new tour dates.

Isn't it a bit weird that Stern and Sirius went all out to create this joint promotional venture then he doesn't attend or seemingly listen to any of it first hand? I know Eddie Trunk hasn't the best rep on this forum but you know he would have been there all night, tried to get interviews and fully reviewed the show in the following days.

19 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Isn't it a bit weird that Stern and Sirius went all out to create this joint promotional venture then he doesn't attend or seemingly listen to any of it first hand? I know Eddie Trunk hasn't the best rep on this forum but you know he would have been there all night, tried to get interviews and fully reviewed the show in the following days.

Eddie Trunk was there all night, I was 2 feet away from him. He was into it and paying attention. 

• Like 3

Not quite Stern obviously, but Richard Christie was there rocking out.

37 minutes ago, alfierose said:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Stern won't seek interviews. He gets the biggest stars on his show and nobody on Sirius side or Stern's side wants to deal with Team Brazil. Slash is a lot closer to Howard though and likely declined any kind of interview during the week. I'm really not sure why they are still hush hush on everything. Perhaps they have a band interview planned after all this, a documentary, or something. Seems crazy that they are still relatively silent 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Stern won't seek interviews. He gets the biggest stars on his show and nobody on Sirius side or Stern's side wants to deal with Team Brazil. Slash is a lot closer to Howard though and likely declined any kind of interview during the week. I'm really not sure why they are still hush hush on everything. Perhaps they have a band interview planned after all this, a documentary, or something. Seems crazy that they are still relatively silent 

I agree. It could also be that the press is usually brutal on Axl so he might just be avoiding them and the headache they tend to give him. Still seems off though.

Also, there's no way Stern would have been able to stay up for their set.

46 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Thi, maybe he is angry what them not make interviews,and he feel  ignored my guess

43 minutes ago, alfierose said:

The vibe I got last week leading up to it was that they've always tried hard to get Axl in the studio for a sit-down and they've come close a few times. Slash has been there , Duff has been there, Axl is the one that they're waiting for.

If he got all three of them at once for the first reunited interview that would be amazing too. And I think the more they mentioned the show, and the nicer they were, and the more compliments they threw in the band's direction, the greater they assumed their chances would be to get that elusive interview.

It's still not off the table but if you listen to stern regularly you can tell sometimes when he's dropping hints before a guest comes in that they have something scheduled. And I certainly didn't get that vibe today. It was strictly business whereas last year when guns played in New Jersey and a member of Stern's staff attended they talked about it for a long time and in a very complimentary way.

The comment today about how he "was told they sounded better than ever" literally sounded like it was him reading it off the paper. Like it was a piece of copy sent to him buy Sirius and not something he was legitimately told by someone who is in attendance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

I agree. It could also be that the press is usually brutal on Axl so he might just be avoiding them and the headache they tend to give him. Still seems off though.

I think the press is extreamly kind to Axl when they interview him. Nobody wants to mess that up. The TMZ's are the harassers but Stern I think would give him a fair shake. 

Stern was disappointed that Axl canceled the Kimmel interview last year. Kimmel is one of his good friends and apparently was pretty excited about it, but they both knew Axl could back out at any moment which is why they didn't advertise it 

24 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

You hit the nail on the head IC...........Howard would loved to have gotten Axl into the studio for an interview, and I am sure they tried, but he is not going to chase Axl as he is popular enough that he  does not need to chase any rock star these days. I also speculate that possible they approached Axl and he set conditions regarding the questions he could be asked and Howard does not work that way...He has commented in the past he will not agree to restriction on what he is allowed to ask his guests............that being said he has become very savvy at knowing what topics to stay away from with certain guests so as not to piss them off...a real pity as I think Howard would have given us a great interview with Axl.........

I doubt Howard Stern was behind this Subscriber exclusive show as I think he is just the vehicle to advertise it as he is Sirius/ XM star asset........... 

The man only works 3 days a week now so at this point in his career he is not going to spend all day like Trunk did promoting the show and the shows run too late for him so no surprise he did not attend...

Considering how that when Slash was doing his solo stuff he was constantly giving interviews and Duff would also do the occasional interview the only conclusion I think we can come to is Axl is calling the shot when it comes to doing any press..........not a criticism just an observation..........

53 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think the press is extreamly kind to Axl when they interview him. Nobody wants to mess that up. The TMZ's are the harassers but Stern I think would give him a fair shake. 

Stern was disappointed that Axl canceled the Kimmel interview last year. Kimmel is one of his good friends and apparently was pretty excited about it, but they both knew Axl could back out at any moment which is why they didn't advertise it 

When they interview him they are, but when they were writing a story without the interview, esp. during NuGNR days, they were brutal on him. There's a million things you could say about that too ("Axl shouldn't care," "he brought it on himself", etc.), but I wouldn't be surprised if he held some distrust or disdain for the media after the ringer they sometimes put him through.

Also, Axl's a pretty private person and Stern has a reputation for getting people to say things that they don't necessarily want to, so I could see apprehension. It's also not like they need the publicity. But don't get me wrong, I'd love it if he did the show.

16 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah he and this other dude did a live pre and postshow which many of us here heard as it happened...

Is he the guy that looks like Brett Michaels only with black hair? Don't know his name.  

4 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

It's the age of the friggin' internet. They don't need to go through the usual (fake) media outlets as in the past. 

All they need to do if they don't want any confrontation, is to release their own interviews. Just have TB ask the questions or even select them from fans etc... come on.