07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

7 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Look at Betalebeis new IG photo... HASHTAG SAYS IZZYSTRADLIN AND STEVENADLER!!!

Well, you can't exactly congratulate the writers of an album without mentioning all of them. It is interesting, but she also mentioned Frank/Richard/Melissa, who had no part in AFD. Don't get your hopes up.

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

What the fuck?

The UYI albums have 30 songs together, and 28 excluding the covers. Of that, Stradlin has writing credits for 12 of the songs. That only just falls short of half of the total number of originals, and even then he contributed to some of the better stuff on the albums. This isn't even mentioning his writing credits for both AFD and Lies, which were significant in and of themselves. I have no fucking clue how you can say that Izzy's contributions to UYI were minimal. Writing nearly half of the material and contributing to more is not 'minimal work'. As for your second point on the 'big three' being the only necessary ingredients for success and how GNR was the biggest band in the world with Gilby and Matt, i only have three things to say. AFD still sold more than UYI, Stradlin co-wrote the majority of the band's most popular songs, and he was involved in the first year of the UYI tour.

Your arguments make no fucking sense at all.

Axl and Slash both stated that fact in numerous interviews at that time. So, unless you know something Axl and Slash don't, then it makes sense. 

Why are some of you rehashing the old tire arguments?

The debates over word semantics like "great" and loaded "what if" questions are just childish.  I feel like I'm in junior high or high school having a fierce argument over which of two bands is better.

There are no objective answers to these questions, no route for victory.

why pollute the show thread with this nonsense before the show even begins?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Axl and Slash both stated that fact in numerous interviews at that time. So, unless you know something Axl and Slash don't, then it makes sense. 

Sorry, but writing credits and factual information don't lie. Axl and Slash have, lol.

We know for a fact that Izzy made significant contributions to UYI. We know for a fact that Izzy was in the band during the first year of the UYI tour. We know for a fact that Izzy co-wrote some of the band's most popular songs. We know for a fact that since AFD sold more than UYI, your argument that people didn't 'see the alchemy' in the original 5 is bullshit. The only thing you may be correct on is that Axl/Slash/Duff are the only three needed for success. That in and of itself does not diminish the artistic contributions made by Izzy and other band members though.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

9 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Well, you can't exactly congratulate the writers of an album without mentioning all of them. It is interesting, but she also mentioned Frank/Richard/Melissa, who had no part in AFD. Don't get your hopes up.

Quest apperaence from Izzy and Steven. Mark my words.

21 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

What a stupid bitch. 

congratulations! you've just made a miserable impression to anyone :P

ps. I'm gonna put you on ignore.

don't waste your precious time replying.

Ps. Dear admins: Can we ban this guy? He called us assh***s and called me b****h.. I could sue him.

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Quest apperaence from Izzy and Steven. Mark my words.

Perhaps. I'm not one to get my hopes up too much when it comes to Guns N' Roses though. It makes sense to mention Izzy and Steven in a post about AFD's 30th anniversary, because they co-wrote it. That in and of itself doesn't necessarily indicate anything more, although it would be cool.

17 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

NO.

People have hears : they know Izzy can't play the guitar like Fortus. He just CAN'T. Izzy is not skilled enough. The guy is limited.

Izzy is Izzy and Fortus is Fortus. Richard has noting to prove to anyone. He is one of the (very) best guitar player in the world and he's been for more than 15 years.

Millions of people have hears and eyes. Millions of people have seen and heard Fortus on this NITL tour and nobody miss Izzy. Look at the stadiums all over the world? they are packed! With Fortus and without Izzy. 

Truth is the truth. That's it.

Everyone misses Izzy. Izzy is not only a songwriter but he is a highly skilled guitarist and brings style and soul.  No one can replace Izzy.  That said, no, he won't show for the anniversary because he is not a "guest" in  his own band! They wanted to treat him like he was Sebastian Bach or something.  Izzy is an equal or no go which was obvious from the start but everyone insisted "Izzy doesn't like traveling " "Izzy is a lone cowboy", then when the man made it clear why he is not there, people continue to parrot these same lies. Izzy matters , a lot. It's not the right at all and the same goes for Adler's absence.  Gun n Roses is clearly never getting back together again . If you like this new band then good for you, but it's not Guns n Roses because Izzy and Adler are not there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

At least it's give more hopes than Meegan post who only mentioned everybody from current line up.

21 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Melissa Reese? This is truly disgusting. Wtf do her or frank have to do with AFD? Fortus is very talented so I'm going to overlook that for the sake of his feelings but this is some low revisionism bs right here.  They're literally trying to re-write history and alter the collective memory , you can't go any lower.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Izzy's contributions to the UYI albums was minimal. And Steven didn't contribute at all. So the big 3 are the "alchemy" necessary for the success of GNR. Furthermore, GNR were the biggest band in the world with Gilby and Matt, so I guess the rest of the world didn't get the alchemy of the 5 dudes. Axl, Slash, and Duff are all that has been nesscesary since 1992.  

You obviously don't know what you're talking about :facepalm:

Half of UYI was written with or before the AFD material.

Half of UYI was written by or with Izzy.

Over half of the GNR catalogue was written by or with Izzy.

Slash hardly ever wrote anything for GNR (aside from solos obviously).

Duff wrote even less.

Slash and Duff weren't even in the band yet, when some (classic) GNR songs were written ...

Strictly speaking from a songwriting point of view, the reason the last GNR album with original material was released in '91, is because Izzy left even before it was released.  It all went downhill from there and ended in '96.

GNR died when Izzy left.

RIP.

• Like 4

Just now, EvanG said:

I think she misinterpreted your username because of the ''macbeth'' part and assumed you were a chick. No big deal, it's an honest mistake. 

Macbeth. The Shakespeare play about a Scottish King? How is that an easy mistake? I dont get it. 

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

Everyone needs to dial it back please.

Please remember the rules of the forum. Again, we all understand that many people are passionate about this topic but you do not have to sling personal insults over it.

This is the FINAL verbal warning in the thread about this. Going forward, warning points and suspensions will be handed out. I'm certain none of you want to be suspended from the forum on a show day like today, so please, PLEASE remember the site rules.

THANKS!

Ok, I apologise for the asshole and bitch thing. Havin a bad day here. 

• Like 3