07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

I just...don't want to be disappointed. So many great possibilities and theories in this thread, but realistically, being completely realistic, how grandeur is this really going to be? 

This is the 30th freaking anniversary of the best selling debut album of all-time. I just want it to be special. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Imagine Izzy show up and play but they still keep Fortus on stage. 

Why?  Jesus second dumbest comment....EVER.  

1 minute ago, mrw80 said:

I've heard the argument that they can't reunite with all 5 because then the audiences for the upcoming NA leg will revolt if they don't get the same. That's BS. Most of those huge stadiums are casual fans (who probably think Fortus is Izzy). 

I'll be there tomorrow. I really hope they do this right. But whatever they do, I won't leave disappointed, because I'm not expecting more than their normal set. Maybe just hoping. 

I completely agree and I have tix to the StL show.  Either way have fun tomorrow and enjoy it.  Would love to see these guys in such a small venue.

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I completely agree and I have tix to the StL show.  Either way have fun tomorrow and enjoy it.  Would love to see these guys in such a small venue.

Thanks man. That's exactly how I'm viewing it. There's no feasible reason on this planet I should be one of 1500 lucky ass people that get to be in the Apollo tomorrow, but for some reason I am. I don't know if I'll be in the first or last row or somewhere in between. I don't know what songs they'll play or who will play them. I'm hopeful for some surprises, but totally good with whatever. 

Edited by mrw80
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

I've heard the argument that they can't reunite with all 5 because then the audiences for the upcoming NA leg will revolt if they don't get the same. That's BS. Most of those huge stadiums are casual fans (who probably think Fortus is Izzy). 

Agree 100%

People thought Gilby was Izzy on the UYI tour.  I'm sure a lot of casual fans don't know Izzy by name, just Axl and Slash.  Hell, probably the only reason they notice that the drummer is different is because Frank has a dark complexion. Since Steven and Matt were both blond, I wouldn't be surprised if some people back in the 90's didn't realize Adler was let go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I just...don't want to be disappointed. So many great possibilities and theories in this thread, but realistically, being completely realistic, how grandeur is this really going to be? 

This is the 30th freaking anniversary of the best selling debut album of all-time. I just want it to be special. 

I hear.. I remember how excited I was before the Vegas shows.. Reality ended up being no where as cool as I had hoped with a lineup that was barely legitimate enough to even call Guns N Roses.. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, moreblack said:

He had randoms doing that very thing on guitar and bass too from the late 90s until Slash and Duff came back, it's not a new thing.

Sorry you reply this post, not is me , this  post very smart is of  Fourtenbeers ?

12 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Imagine Izzy show up and play but they still keep Fortus on stage. 

As lame as that would be, I would imagine that is how it would go down.

12 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

I'll be there tomorrow. I really hope they do this right. But whatever they do, I won't leave disappointed, because I'm not expecting more than their normal set. Maybe just hoping. 

Make sure you are ten times as loud to make up for some of the corporate fucks that don't deserve to be there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Agree 100%

People thought Gilby was Izzy on the UYI tour.  I'm sure a lot of casual fans don't know Izzy by name, just Axl and Slash.  Hell, probably the only reason they notice that the drummer is different is because Frank has a dark complexion. Since Steven and Matt were both blond, I wouldn't be surprised if some people back in the 90's didn't realize Adler was let go.

I was at Gilby's first show and I can't remember if I knew or not lol.  I was 15, there were no big screens and I was in the very last and farthest row in the balcony while on acid... He certainly sounded good enough. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I'd enjoy it too if they celebrated my favorite record tomorrow by playing it in its entirety. And extra bonus if Steven aand Izzy were there, too. I am usually not one for looking back but that record deserves a proper celebration so I am happy to make an exception. Do it properly! Then back to the program.

This

So after reviewing the thread looks like the general consensus is that people think there's about a 50/50 chance for Adler to be there and basically just wishful thinking that Izzy will be there....and that's pretty much where I'm at now as well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

So after reviewing the thread looks like the general consensus is that people think there's about a 50/50 chance for Adler to be there and basically just wishful thinking that Izzy will be there....and that's pretty much where I'm at now as well. 

With Izzy "use you illusion" ?

No Adler, no Izzy. Mark my words.

Adler will never get another chance to play with Axl on tour after his last interviews. 

The only chance I see is a private high paid millionaire gig where they pay for Adler and Izzy separately. 

Edited by 2414225
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 2414225 said:

No Adler, no Izzy. Mark my words. 

Oh, well in that case I guess it's settled. 

6 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

So, this Show is going to be streamed on channel 41, right?

Yes. 41 and Howard101

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

If I were Izzy I wouldn't go anywhere near this. What, these guys go out and rake in 300 million or whatever it is, and he's supposed to just show up for this token celebration? It's insulting.

You make valid points but for selfish reasons, I want to see him there

1 hour ago, mrw80 said:

NO.

People have hears : they know Izzy can't play the guitar like Fortus. He just CAN'T. Izzy is not skilled enough. The guy is limited.

Izzy is Izzy and Fortus is Fortus. Richard has noting to prove to anyone. He is one of the (very) best guitar player in the world and he's been for more than 15 years.

Millions of people have hears and eyes. Millions of people have seen and heard Fortus on this NITL tour and nobody miss Izzy. Look at the stadiums all over the world? they are packed! With Fortus and without Izzy. 

Truth is the truth. That's it.

Edited by Sunset Boulevard
  • Like 1

I've always said that I don't see there being a AFD5 reunion tomorrow because of it overshadowing the rest of the tour. But here's one good reason why they must reunite tomorrow night  and that's closure. If the current line up is going to be the way forward for the future then make tomorrow night about AFD5. This album is about those 5 guys and if they reunited it would give everyone the reunion they asked for   After that the fans and probably the band members might get some closure and move on with current line up if that's the way forward. Obviously most people would want it to stay the original 5 but at least we would have that 1 performance if it wasn't to be. 

• Like 2