All Slash Riffs In One Video

11 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Just watched, really enjoyed that!

More! lol

lol I was expecting people to say it was too long to watch:P

11 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i LOVE it! sorry have not been on much...having too much summer fun! ;)

ty for posting :)

thanks! yea I remember you used to be in every thread here :o

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

lol I was expecting people to say it was too long to watch:P

thanks! yea I remember you used to be in every thread here :o

i'm a fan of you all here :D wish some of the other guys were still posting their music :)

16 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Wow, you are very talented. I loved it! How long did that take to put together? What was the hardest one to learn? Love the Snakepit stuff.

agreed! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Wow, you are very talented. I loved it! How long did that take to put together? What was the hardest one to learn? Love the Snakepit stuff.

Crazy Life is very tricky to play, the World On Fire rhythm is hard to get right, but worst one was Doin Fine from Snakepit, I couldn't get it down in time for the video, was real sloppy. I learned all the riffs in 3 days and then 2 full days of recording right after, so almost a week. And thanks:lol:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

Holy shit man, that's cool. Some of those riffs barely get attention by the YT guitarists, great to see them; especially the Snakepit stuff. For doing it all in 5 days, very impressive. How did you record the guitars? Not sure if I'm right, but it sounds a bit digital like GuitarRig or AmpliTube?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Holy shit man, that's cool. Some of those riffs barely get attention by the YT guitarists, great to see them; especially the Snakepit stuff. For doing it all in 5 days, very impressive. How did you record the guitars? Not sure if I'm right, but it sounds a bit digital like GuitarRig or AmpliTube?

Good ear man, it's GuitarRig 5. Some guy on facebook actually thought I was using a JCM 800 or something like that. Also the reason why I recorded all acoustic stuff with clean electric, got no mic to properly record my acoustic guitar

20 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Crazy Life is very tricky to play, the World On Fire rhythm is hard to get right, but worst one was Doin Fine from Snakepit, I couldn't get it down in time for the video, was real sloppy. I learned all the riffs in 3 days and then 2 full days of recording right after, so almost a week. And thanks:lol:

very good job! now get that Doin' Fine done! ;) ha!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Good ear man, it's GuitarRig 5. Some guy on facebook actually thought I was using a JCM 800 or something like that. Also the reason why I recorded all acoustic stuff with clean electric, got no mic to properly record my acoustic guitar

I've experimented with a bunch of different home recording set ups. Including GR5, so I've definitely gotten better at telling "fake" vs. "real." Not that the software sounds bad necessarily. And from what I've seen/heard, with the the right studio work you can make it sound pretty much identical to a real amp (in a mix).

What setup are you using in GuitarRig? It sounds very good. Have you experimented with any acoustic simulators? I think GR5 comes with one stock, don't remember if it sounded any good.

Edited by OmarBradley

7 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I've experimented with a bunch of different home recording set ups. Including GR5, so I've definitely gotten better at telling "fake" vs. "real." Not that the software sounds bad necessarily. And from what I've seen/heard, with the the right studio work you can make it sound pretty much identical to a real amp (in a mix).

What setup are you using in GuitarRig? It sounds very good. Have you experimented with any acoustic simulators? I think GR5 comes with one stock, don't remember if it sounded any good.

Just one of the premade presets with a Van 51 amp and a Skreamer. I did try the acoustic settings (I can plug my acoustic in) but it just didn't sound good to me and I didnt want to screw around wasting time finding a great acoustic tone when I had tons of nice clean ones saved for electric

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ags_rule said:

That's awesome dude. As others have said, love your tone. Any advice?

I'm not really experienced with dialing in perfect tones I just go through presets until I got one I like and then maybe adjust a bit, add reverb etc. but what I can tell you is either buy a mic for your amp or use an amp sim, recording with the camera mic is the worst quality when recording videos. Blackstar HT5 or Yamaha THR10X are great tube amps for home use

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 7/30/2017 at 1:11 PM, SoundOfAGun said:

Great job man! I got to check out two tracks I'd never heard before as well (Bleed and What Kind Of Life).

am i naive or would it be really cool to go all old school on a record or so? just a thought from a non-fanstastic musician but one who loves music and has been taught a lot by the best musician i know :)

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

am i naive or would it be really cool to go all old school on a record or so? just a thought from a non-fanstastic musician but one who loves music and has been taught a lot by the best musician i know :)

I think that era of Snakepit was some of Slash's best stuff, Rod Jackson's voice suited the songs and Slash's guitar really well. I don't think there is a track I don't like on that record. 

• Like 2