Philly 2002 Riot Footage

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Mate, that's fucking awesome. Makes up for that show I reckon :headbang:

You could say that!

i was on the rail in Philly last summer. Going again this October. This was a pleasant surprise for tonight (putting it extremely lightly- trying not to jump out of my skin right now)

1 hour ago, Bono said:

Yes because being a smoker automatically makes you a bad motherfucker. 

not at all what i was getting at... was more or less referring to the fucking hipster that complains about the smoke instead of enjoying the show... its a fucking rock concert, not disney on ice

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but aren't you one of the ones who said they won tickets to the Apollo?

Wow that's sweet of you. A true fan. I hope you get to attend at least one show and aren't letdown again :headbang:

Now that I am finally living in a big city once again, I was hoping they would come here, but nothing scheduled here. ? 

29 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

not at all what i was getting at... was more or less referring to the fucking hipster that complains about the smoke instead of enjoying the show... its a fucking rock concert, not disney on ice

Ah yes the people who don't smoke and don't appreciate the stench of second hand smoke nor the effects it has on people are the doucbebag hipsters while the people who feel they should be allowed to smoke anywhere, anytime, blowing it anywhere they want with no regard for others and no consideration that their disgusting habit actually affects others are the chill cool ones. Right. Gotcha. 2017 and this fuckery is still being debated. Unreal. 

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I was at the Detroit show from that tour, and wasn't super shocked this happened, or that the tour got canceled. 

The Detroit show was the worst of the six dates I attended (save for the Philly no-show).  Not a great decision for the band to play five CD songs back to back.  Compounding the problem was Axl walking out during Patience.  

It was definitely a volatile situation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, downzy said:

The Detroit show was the worst of the six dates I attended (save for the Philly no-show).  Not a great decision for the band to play five CD songs back to back.  Compounding the problem was Axl walking out during Patience.  

It was definitely a volatile situation.

I thought Axl sounded pretty good that night, tbh. I've never understood why he did what he did that night in Detroit, which imo led to the riot a few days later. I've wondered if it was the audience, because the Palace was a little off that night from my memory. Like even in 2011, it seemed like the crowd responded better to Nugnr that night, than they did in 2002. Or maybe it was something completely different? Whatever it was, that tour only led to more "Axl is crazy" stories.

This is part of the reason why when people talk about the 2002 band so highly, I don't really agree with them. If you saw them live, then you know that the crowd was not really having it. Now if Bucket stuck around, perhaps things could have been different. I also give that line up the credit they deserve for CD. But as far as live performances go, that was the WORST version of gnr to see live. 2006 was better, even though Bucket was gone.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

2 hours ago, Bono said:

Ah yes the people who don't smoke and don't appreciate the stench of second hand smoke nor the effects it has on people are the doucbebag hipsters while the people who feel they should be allowed to smoke anywhere, anytime, blowing it anywhere they want with no regard for others and no consideration that their disgusting habit actually affects others are the chill cool ones. Right. Gotcha. 2017 and this fuckery is still being debated. Unreal. 

not wanting to inhale smoke for health reasons is one thing. but because it smells "icky" ? fucking grow up ?

• Like 1