Illusion Notes

So I was going through the Use Your Illusion liner notes and I found two interesting/humerous bits in the personnel. 

In Dead Horse, it lists Nutcracker: Mike Clink and in Coma is states Bitches and then lists several women.

?Who else but axl??

As for UYI II: Izzy didn't play on Locomotive or Civil War to the extent that Slash played lead, rhythm and acoustic on the latter, only acoustic on breakdown and I recall someone saying in the topic with everyone's favorite DTJ discussion that Izzy didn't play lead on Estranged but my booklet claims he did. Is this another error? Also even tho Axl played Rhythm on Shotgun Blues Izzy still did background vocals. 

Edited by 98izzark

4 minutes ago, 98izzark said:

So I was going through the Use Your Illusion I liner notes and I found two interesting/humerous bits in the personnel. 

In Dead Horse, it lists Nutcracker: Mike Clink and in Coma is states Bitches and then lists several women.

?Who else but axl??

You can hear the nutcracker as it shifts to the electric part. Clink literally played a nutcracker on Dead Horse. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

You can hear the nutcracker as it shifts to the electric part. Clink literally played a nutcracker on Dead Horse. 

Well yes I'm not denying that I mainly just never heard it and thought it was neat. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 98izzark said:

Well yes I'm not denying that I mainly just never heard it and thought it was neat. 

Would most likely have been Clinks idea as a producer as it helps it lead into the electric part well. Usually producers I've worked with have added strange things to help with the production. We've never credited them though, lol

Edited by Izzymacbeth

3 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Would most likely have been Clinks idea as a producer as it helps it lead into the electric part well. Usually producers I've worked with have added strange things to help with the production. We've never credited them though, lol

Kewl

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 98izzark said:

As for UYI II: Izzy didn't play on Locomotive or Civil War to the extent that Slash played lead, rhythm and acoustic on the latter, only acoustic on breakdown and I recall someone saying in the topic with everyone's favorite DTJ discussion that Izzy didn't play lead on Estranged but my booklet claims he did

Not sure what exactly you're trying to say about Civil War, but he did play rhythm on it. As for Estranged, he does do a little lead part under Slashs lead, but as with his entire UYI tracks, its somewhat buried. Jist listen to the left channel only and Im sure youll hear it.

Just now, Mendez said:

Not sure what exactly you're trying to say about Civil War, but he did play rhythm on it. As for Estranged, he does do a little lead part under Slashs lead, but as with his entire UYI tracks, its somewhat buried. Jist listen to the left channel only and Im sure youll hear it.

Yeah ik what you're talking about like I said it's probably just the booklet being all fucked up

3 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Well the Estranged lead bit is correct

Yes but there's still Civil War which the booklet claims Izzy didn't do rhythm on as well as the popular Double Talkin' Jive issue on UYI I so honestly who knows who did what on these albums

8 minutes ago, 98izzark said:

Yes but there's still Civil War which the booklet claims Izzy didn't do rhythm on as well as the popular Double Talkin' Jive issue on UYI I so honestly who knows who did what on these albums

Booklet might be wrong.

Izzy plays on Civil War. No idea what you're talking about in regards to DTJ because you're not being clear, but Izzy plays rhythm and acoustic rhythm on it, and sings lead vocals, with Axl singing co-lead on the chorus.

4 hours ago, Mendez said:

Booklet might be wrong.

Izzy plays on Civil War. No idea what you're talking about in regards to DTJ because you're not being clear, but Izzy plays rhythm and acoustic rhythm on it, and sings lead vocals, with Axl singing co-lead on the chorus.

Izzy does not play on CW

5 hours ago, Mendez said:

Booklet might be wrong.

Izzy doesn't play on Civil War. He was in Europe getting sober when it was recorded for the George Harrison compilation. 

He also doesnt play on Locomotive, Shotgun Blues or The Garden. These are the songs Slash doubled up on in his absence with the exception of Shotgun Blues that has Axl playing rhythm guitar. Izzy did show up to the vocal session on that one though for backing vocals. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

5 hours ago, Mendez said:

Booklet might be wrong.

He's talking about the topic we had here for quite some time about who's playing lead guitar on DTJ.

In the liner notes it says Izzy does, most here think Slash is playing though.