Apollo Show - Izzy & Steven Not Playing - Argue About It HERE

1 minute ago, supercool said:

They MUST play.

They deserve to be there.

This is absolutely correct (if they are playing AFD front to back).  Otherwise have some class and don't do that.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

Just now, TheSeeker said:

Where was it confirmed that they wouldn't be there?

Someone asked Beta on social media. She answered very politely and said no they wouldn't be there. The other thread went nuts and now we have this one lol

• Like 2

Just now, TheSeeker said:

Where was it confirmed that they wouldn't be there?

Beta made an IG post of a large AFD promotion image, and hashtagged Steven and Izzy. Someone asked if that meant they would be there tonight. She said no, they won't be there. Only that she was including them as part of that era.

Just now, RussTCB said:

Someone asked Beta on social media. She answered very politely and said no they wouldn't be there. The other thread went nuts and now we have this one lol

Beat me by a couple of seconds, lol.

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

Beta made an IG post of a large AFD promotion image, and hashtagged Steven and Izzy. Someone asked if that meant they would be there tonight. She said no, they won't be there. Only that she was including them as part of that era.

She could be lying so the surprise isn't spoiled

• Like 3

Betas initial post does have me wondering....could have been a "slip up"...and she replied to the posters that she just meant because they were part of that era....but her response also doesn't make sense because Dizzy and Melissa were not part of that era and she included them in her initial post.....which would make it seem as if she basically posted who would be playing tonight initially but then had to backtrack out of it.

Just now, Bailey96 said:

You know the poster itself is using Steven and izzys likeness to promote a show. So unless they are there, it's false advertisement. That lawsuit material right there. And remember Steven has sued gnr before.

The appetite cross is a GNR trademark. They've been using it for years on stuff regardless of who is in the band.

• Like 3

Fuck Izzy! Wrote some songs a quarter of a century ago and think  he can dictate to the band for more money. Wasn't in it for the fans and never will be.

"but he wrote the songs"

25 years later it doesn't wash with me, he left the band several times and thinks he deserves equal pay to Axl.

Edited by Axl_morris

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Betas initial post does have me wondering....could have been a "slip up"...and she replied to the posters that she just meant because they were part of that era....but her response also doesn't make sense because Dizzy and Melissa were not part of that era and she included them in her initial post.....which would make it seem as if she basically posted who would be playing tonight initially but then had to backtrack out of it.

If it was true why then deny it? Easier not to reply at all. I'm not expecting anything other than the NITL line up, I suspect they are probably trying to walk the line of acknowledging the classic line up but not being misleading.

• Like 2

If Izzy and Steven will not be there tonight, then this is just useless and pointless... :shrugs:

And probably that's why this is an invite-only party.... No one will be able to say they got ripped off with tickets and promises. If you don't know what you're gonna get, you don't have reasons to complain later.

• Like 1

It's naive when someone thinks that Izzy and Steven are involved. Just think about the Appetite for Democracy residency back in 2012. They celebrated 25 years of AfD with Axl as the only AfD member on stage.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If Izzy and Steven will not be there tonight, then this is just useless and pointless... :shrugs:

And probably that's why this is an invite-only party.... No one will be able to say they got ripped off with tickets and promises. If you don't know what you're gonna get, you don't have reasons to complain later.

I believe it's been mentioned a few times that it is also the kick off for the NTIL US leg so it seems like it has dual purpose which is probably deliberate to dilute the notion by some that Steven and Izzy should be there and justify why Frank etc.. should. I think they are trying to keep everyone happy to some extent which is probably a futile task given the nature of GNR fans. :lol:

I'm sure the show will be great for those lucky few that are attending.