Apollo Show - Izzy & Steven Not Playing - Argue About It HERE

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Someone asked Beta on social media. She answered very politely and said no they wouldn't be there. The other thread went nuts and now we have this one lol

To be fair she said no the hashtags dont imply they will be there. That's all she said. Not that no they wouldn't be there. I still think Steven will be

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

True, but i doubt it. It's a special day, but there's no reason for anyone to expect more than the bare minimum when it comes to Guns N' Roses and special events, lol.

Who would of ever thought we would expect the bare minimum from a Gnr show. The same band that caused chaos back in the day. 

31 minutes ago, Bailey96 said:

You know the poster itself is using Steven and izzys likeness to promote a show. So unless they are there, it's false advertisement. That lawsuit material right there. And remember Steven has sued gnr before.

The advertisement is promoting the 30th anniversary of Appetite, by using the Appetite cross. Arguably the most iconic symbol by this band, and also a registered trademark for Guns N' Roses. Sue for false advertisement, WTF?

• Like 2

Just now, withyourassintheair said:

The advertisement is promoting the 30th anniversary of Appetite, by using the Appetite cross. Arguably the most iconic symbol by this band, and also a registered trademark for Guns N' Roses. Sue for false advertisement, WTF?

I meant using their likeness to promote a show there not playing in. I didn't realize they have registered trademark for that.

I'm not expecting any surprises tonight though they kept Stevens Cincy appearance under the wraps so anythings possible I guess. 

Just now, Bailey96 said:

I meant using their likeness to promote a show there not playing in. I didn't realize they have registered trademark for that.

The likeness was used on the cover of Appetite For Destruction. The display has no mention of a show, just #APPETITE30. We have no idea if this is for the show (since there is a show poster gnr_apollo1498000196.jpg)

or if it's for something else. Steven and Izzy definitely could not sue for that. Or for being hashtagged on Beta's Instagram.

What'll happen IF all the 5 play tonight.. will People get nuts and refuse to accept that it was just a one off show? People tend to want to have more. 

Edit: sorry this post was maybe a bit off topic. Just saw the new thread about izzy n steven 

Edited by estranged_85

49 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

No way she includes Izzy and Steven as hashtags if they won't be there - both could sue for false advertisement

They used their images , iconography , and everything else, this entire tour! They're trying to interchange the names over time and make it seem like it was always the smurf and bad drummer present. The only reason she mentioned the real GnR is to save face and because it's an anniversary , however, she also added names that don't belong there so people associate it altogether, the only way to slip in Melissa and frank, is with the cover of real GnR members. Soon, they'll remove all trace of Izzy and Adler, they're acclimating people now and banking on the new fans who don't care one way or another about the music, those fans only care about brand , you can wrap the GnR logo around cat shit, and these brain damaged ,brand zombies will eat it. 

32 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Fuck Izzy! Wrote some songs a quarter of a century ago and think  he can dictate to the band for more money. Wasn't in it for the fans and never will be.

Why should he be in it for anyone other than himself?

33 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

"but he wrote the songs"

Yeah he did.

35 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

thinks he deserves equal pay to Axl.

Does he? Or does he just think he should be paid fairly to acknowledge his contribution?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

There's a comment on that Beta post about if your parents get divorced then your step parents should be allowed to celebrate your birthday too. Which is actually make sense. 

Wow, she is a real brain trust. The step parents can celebrate, what they can't do is impersonate the bio parents and lock them out of the party and pretend they don't exist or worse, say the bio parents actually didn't even want to be there while they have them chained in the basement . 

Izzy's legacy in Guns will live forever, its beyond HUGE (no pun intended). It sucks for me personally he's not there though. 

Adler is the fifth Beatle for me. The 5th skull among those 4 genius cretins and on the biggest selling debut album of any genre of all time. Again, cannot be diminished or taken away. He did that and their likeness, even though not involved, are in lights in Times Sq to this day. 

I would LOVE them to be there to play AFD but again I'd be annoyed Izzy didnt play/sing his Use Your Illusion stuff if it is indeed a one off. 

Fortus is great. He destroys Gilby and of course Paul and I know he himself respects Izzy and what he has accomplished. I've met and performed with Gilby ans Tracii Guns and when I asked about Izzy they were the same. They hold him VERY high up as a great mind, guitar player, songwriter and friend. 

My career has been awesome and I have been lucky but I got into this to play with Izzy. Personally I wont stop wishing until that final box is ticked and if he IS in Guns that wont happen. If he bothers his arse to tour clubs I know it could. Double edged sword of GN'R fandom. It never ends. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

1 minute ago, nikosgnr said:

You can't worry about "what-ifs". Just live and enjoy the moment..

then a discussion forum would be a big waste of time if  people can't think/speak "what if"

I do enjoy the moment. my life ain't hanging on wether afd 5 will perform together or not but it would be fun though =)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

IF this were to happen I would be happy it happened at least the once, especially for the old timers. It would be super lame to go back to Drummer Beginner and the Brittney Spears session musician, but hey at least it would be closure.

That's what I said in the other thread. If they just got the AFD5 on the stage tonight it could maybe bring closure for fans and band members then allow the current line to get on with things. It would be hard to accept it if Izzy and Steven weren't a  part of it again but at least we would have that 1 performance to look back on and enjoy. 

3 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Wow, she is a real brain trust. The step parents can celebrate, what they can't do is impersonate the bio parents and lock them out of the party and pretend they don't exist or worse, say the bio parents actually didn't even want to be there while they have them chained in the basement . 

Lol so you think the step parents block the alienated bio parents too come back? C'mon son, it's the other bio parents AKA holy trinity that blocks them, them step parents also never pretend to be the real one, they just fill the role. The step parents can't do shit because they are jobless. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

That's what I said in the other thread. If they just got the AFD5 on the stage tonight it could maybe bring closure for fans and band members then allow the current line to get on with things. It would be hard to accept it if Izzy and Steven weren't a  part of it again but at least we would have that 1 performance to look back on and enjoy. 

agree. but on the other hand people said the same thing when Adler got his "closure" on the current tour.. People went nuts when he got to play and so happy for him to get closure.. then a second after people wanted more and started arguing about him not being part of the band/tour.

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 2