Apollo Show - Izzy & Steven Not Playing - Argue About It HERE

4 hours ago, Pishy said:

Wow, she is a real brain trust. The step parents can celebrate, what they can't do is impersonate the bio parents and lock them out of the party and pretend they don't exist or worse, say the bio parents actually didn't even want to be there while they have them chained in the basement . 

Nobody is impersonating anyone. The only person that stopped Izzy from being in GN'R was Izzy in 1991. Nobody pretends they don't exist.

i am going to put one thing on the table.......listening to Guns n Roses radio they advertise Duff axl Slash and the rest of gnr thats it i am going to assume that is because if they say melissa and frank people will not know who it is. now i am going to stay hopeful that its because the are keeping the rest of the line up a secret 

26 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Sorry pal, but your post is so full of cliches and whatnot, that I had to stop reading.

Izzy didn't want too much cash. THEY didn't wanna split the loot. But it doesn't matter... musically. They should have done whatever to bring back Izzy if they had any musical integrity at all.

As for Steven: again with the drugs story? Can he play? Jeezuz, it's not fucking Chick Corea stuff. No need for Colaiuta. 

You where there and you know what happened woth Izzy? You are sure  Steven could handle few years of NITL?

Cuz he was a cry baby after not being called for more shows last year and changed his opinion every other day.

Not saying it would go that way, just arguing a different opinion. What I said might be a cliche, but it's being backed up with their history with the band, wether you like it or not.

Edited by MisterNo

22 minutes ago, MisterNo said:

It's not being advertised solely as AFD30 gig, it's also a NITL NA second leg warm up show.

About Izzy and Steven... They were in the play for NITL. Izzy wanted too much cash, so they say. But maybe it was just an excuse to not go on a big tour. He is known for not likeing big tours and events, left the band for that long ago.

And Steven..  I like his drumming, but can he truly stay clean, in shape and focused for a few years of touring, with 3 hour concerts 3 times a week?

They are not part of NITL, they will not be a part of this event. This will be similiar to the NITL setlist, shorter, MAYBE with less covers and a few more AFD songs.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Steven and Izzy there, for this event and the tour, but it's just not realistic. Not gonna happen. But I'll take what I can get. Axl, Slash and Duff together in GNR  that's just great and more then we could hope to see few years ago.

Enjoy it while it lasts :)

I understand Izzy and Steven aren't in the band and they have a different lineup now. But why not just leave the Appetite thing alone then?  That's all. Just leave it alone.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MisterNo said:

It's not being advertised solely as AFD30 gig, it's also a NITL NA second leg warm up show.

About Izzy and Steven... They were in the play for NITL. Izzy wanted too much cash, so they say. But maybe it was just an excuse to not go on a big tour. He is known for not likeing big tours and events, left the band for that long ago.

And Steven..  I like his drumming, but can he truly stay clean, in shape and focused for a few years of touring, with 3 hour concerts 3 times a week?

They are not part of NITL, they will not be a part of this event. This will be similiar to the NITL setlist, shorter, MAYBE with less covers and a few more AFD songs.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Steven and Izzy there, for this event and the tour, but it's just not realistic. Not gonna happen. But I'll take what I can get. Axl, Slash and Duff together in GNR  that's just great and more then we could hope to see few years ago.

Enjoy it while it lasts :)

Stop with the tired and DISPROVEN lies! "Izzy doesn't like big arenas, he wants to stay home." Izzy did want to do and he himself explained why he wasn't there. Adler has made it abundantly clear that he wanted to be part of it. He is clean and it's not like they couldn't get a drummer on demand if they needed to. Like someone said, Axl doesn't want to be outnumbered , doesn't matter he is "boss" by stealing the name from under everyone who was high (low), he needs to pretend he doesn't need slash, he wants it to be his own thing , he gets all anxious and needs loyal yes men around him to feel ok. Look at the way he phrases everything , he went so far as to act like slash would be welcome to make a guest appearance on a new record , he is childish sometimes and insecurity makes him posture and screw things up. It's not about money for Axl, it's about his nerves and pretending he doesn't need slash and the others . Even when he was asked in that interview with duff why Adler wasn't on the tour , he said "oh yes he was!" Who is he kidding , he is a smart guy, he thinks the one song a few times is what the interviewer was asking ? I don't get the lying, an insult to his intelligence 

12 minutes ago, MisterNo said:

You where there and you know what happened woth Izzy? You are sure  Steven could handle few years of NITL?

Cuz he was a cry baby after not being called for more shows last year and changed his opinion every other day.

Not saying it would go that way, just arguing a different opinion. What I said might be a cliche, but it's being backed up with their history with the band, wether you like it or not.

We can discuss as much as we want. Nobody knows how it really went. But my intuition tells me a few things, just simple logic after years and years and YEARS of experience with this band... I ain't gonna change my mind otherwise. And that is: there is no musical reason whatsoever why they couldn't work out even just one show just with the AFD5. 

Edit: if that had worked out and they had even just ONE SINGLE show, trust me, I'd do anything to go and see them play live. I'd pay any price (affordable to me). 

Edited by AncientEvil80

5 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Stop with the tired and DISPROVEN lies! "Izzy doesn't like big arenas, he wants to stay home." 

Yea, so much that he IMMEDIATELY recorded an album with the Juju's and guess what, WENT ON TOUR.

People just don't get it still. It's not Izzy that quit. It's GNR as a whole that "failed" - for more than just one reason.

• Like 1

Just drove past Apollo , about 10 people without tickets hanging out. I saw about 5 suits pretending they're at the pentagon , getting ready to tell the hoi polloi to beat it as night draws near and the rich arrive.

3 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Yea, so much that he IMMEDIATELY recorded an album with the Juju's and guess what, WENT ON TOUR.

People just don't get it still. It's not Izzy that quit. It's GNR as a whole that "failed" - for more than just one reason.

Fully agree, I think many just parrot the propaganda, theyll never get it!  It's scary how easily people are misled, even regarding something they care about. But a society conditioned to be followers, plays a role, axl disses someone and they follow the guy, not the music, not logic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pishy said:

Fully agree, I think many just parrot the propaganda, theyll never get it!  It's scary how easily people are misled, even regarding something they care about. But a society conditioned to be followers, plays a role, axl disses someone and they follow the guy, not the music, not logic. 

Yup. Suckers gotta suck.

58 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

That is absolutely substantial.

But what if they wanted to play? And money issues weren't resolved...?

NOT AT ALL.. Even if that happened for some reason (even though it wont) and all 4 of AFD decided to leave..what would Axl do? NuGnR 3.0? He wouldn't be able to gather people for free concert...

Bull, he proved it in 01, 06 and all previous cd era tours worldwide (America being the only place that wasn't as sold on it) that people buy tickets to see Axl Rose with or without other members. 

Also, 'what if, what if'. It is a fact that Axl is the overall boss. It is in print and in loads of video interviews that Axl doesn't consider Izzy dependable. It's also well known that while he probably has fond memories of Steven that up until a few years ago he considered him to be someone to stay clear of because the baggage he brought. I have no doubt (no real evidence granted) that, the few songs he got to play was down to Slash and Duff making it happen. 

If they all wanted to play but couldn't agree on money, then the thing shouldn't happen in the first place. Why not just get together play a free show if you want to celebrate the album, or would they just want to make a few more quid? I'd prefer them to do it and actually want to be in stage with each other, and if that's not the case then let the current band take care of the anniversary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Geez. Let it go. None of these people lives in NY. So they won't just go say hi. And they won't travel anywhere just to be at a celebration of an album they had no hand in creating. Also some of them are not on especially good terms. So no, no former member will be there (except maybe, hopefully Izzy and/or Steven.... but I wouldn't hold my breath for that).

None of the people playing live in New York either. They are all touring musicians. Its 2017. If I wanted to go to NY tomorrow I could easily afford to. Gilby, Tommy and Steve are all on good terms and they can attend and celebrate any way they see fit. YOU let it go. I know Gilby, he would go for the other guys no prob. He has done before. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Serious question for those of you that dislike Izzy so strongly:

Hypothetically, if Izzy showed up tonight would you actually be disappointed? Or is all of this shit talking a front?

I can't help but feel like this is all an act with some of you. Like some weird coping mechanism or something. It's like you're all thinking, "well, we're stuck with the hired hands so let's vilify the other two to make myself feel better about the situation"...

Bottom line is Izzy co-wrote the songs that we all love so much. The same songs that had such an impact on our lives that we're still on a forum 30 years later talking about them. Without Izzy, you wouldn't have half of the songs being played tonight. With that said, GNR isn't and never will be just ONE musicians creation. It was and always will be FIVE guys. Axl, Duff, Izzy, Slash & Steven. How can you claim to be a fan of this band and at the same time never wish to see ALL of the musicians that helped create those songs together again??

It just doesn't make sense to me. :no:

I love Izzy but if I had to pick between him and Adler I would pick steven just because Frank butchers those appetite songs (rocket queen especially) lets say its the original 4 minus Izzy they at least recognize him. I hope that they are having another show in either LA or NY tomorrow that is the real 30th anniversary show that they arent announcing until tomorrow or tonight 

@Kris_1989 yes, this is the case for some people, coping mechanism, for  others, they only care about the brand and for others, they only know axl, slash and the radio hits. There are even cult types looking for an identity.  I can't reconcile how someone can claim to be a fan and not care Izzy and Adler are missing and much of the time, they disrespect them on top of it. Some of the so called "real fans" are the worst offenders, they'll go so far as to say there is no reunion, you can't have it your way, and tell us that Izzy has a phobia of the stage then instruct others how to be proper fans, as if it's a craft or occupation or that axl is going to recognize their boot licking love and invite them over for a bar-b-que. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pishy said:

@Kris_1989 yes, this is the case for some people, coping mechanism, for  others, they only care about the brand and for others, they only know axl, slash and the radio hits. There are even cult types looking for an identity.  I can't reconcile how someone can claim to be a fan and not care Izzy and Adler are missing and much of the time, they disrespect them on top of it. Some of the so called "real fans" are the worst offenders, they'll go so far as to say there is no reunion, you can't have it your way, and tell us that Izzy has a phobia of the stage then instruct others how to be proper fans, as if it's a craft or occupation or that axl is going to recognize their boot licking love and invite them over for a bar-b-que. 

Haha, man, you're on fire. Right on!

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

I am absolutely for AFD5 but we gotta understand that GnR is the most abrasive band ever... it would collapse as fast as one can think...

Still... that line shouldn't have been crossed... At least a guest appearance!

But in retrospective there were only two things that killed GnR. Axl and drugs. And since Slash, Duff and Adler are clean,  only one destructive thing left: Axl. There is absolutely no reason for not doing a real reunion tour with all the main members from 86-93.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Spot on!

Did I just read the lineup would sound better with TOMMY STINSON instead of Duff?? :wow:

oh.my.god :facepalm:

Don't know what you read but that's definitely NOT WHAT I SAID.

I said a lineup with the other four original members and Tommy Stinson would sound better than the current lineup. That's not because Tommy is better than Duff (I'd take Duff over Tommy any day, it's insane that I have to clarify it) but because the difference between them is not as big as the difference between having Steven and Izzy or Frank and Richard.

As a matter of fact, not only I love Duff but I even went to the solo show Axl did in Argentina in 2014 JUST BECAUSE OF DUFF.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Don't know what you read but that's definitely NOT WHAT I SAID.

I said a lineup with the other four original members and Tommy Stinson would sound better than the current lineup. That's not because Tommy is better than Duff (I'd take Duff over Tommy any day, it's insane that I have to clarify it) but because the difference between them is not as big as the difference between having Steven and Izzy or Frank and Richard.

As a matter of fact, not only I love Duff but I even went to the solo show Axl did in Argentina in 2014 JUST BECAUSE OF DUFF.

lol and that's exactly what I said and I didn't misunderstand ANYTHING.

The band would sound way better if it was Slash, Axl, Steven, Izzy and Tommy Stinson than it does now.

So, if the difference between Duff and Tommy (in YOUR opinion) is not so big, why do you say the current lineup would sound BETTER with Tommy instead? :shrugs:

Because you are CLEARLY saying Tommy is better than Duff, even if you believe one is 5% better than the other.

And that's what I don't agree with. Not only I don't agree with it, I think it is fuckin' crazy!
Duff is an original band member. He made a lot of contributions to the GN'R albums and his basslines are amazing. I don't know any great rock song where Stinson is the bassist.

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

lol and that's exactly what I said and I didn't misunderstand ANYTHING.

So, if the difference between Duff and Tommy (in YOUR opinion) is not so big, why do you say the current lineup would sound BETTER with Tommy instead? :shrugs:

Because you are CLEARLY saying Tommy is better than Duff, even if you believe one is 5% better than the other.

And that's what I don't agree with. Not only I don't agree with it, I think it is fuckin' crazy!
Duff is an original band member. He made a lot of contributions to the GN'R albums and his basslines are amazing. I don't know any great rock song where Stinson is the bassist.

Are you serious? I NEVER said the CURRENT lineup would sound better with Tommy, simply because it wouldn't (at least in my opinion). I said the band would sound better if it were the other four original members with Tommy.

Basically what I'm saying is the band would sound a million times better with Steven instead of Frank and Izzy instead of Richard to the point that even if you lost Duff and had to replace him with Tommy, it would still sound better than it does now.

But just to make it clear, no band has ever sounded or will ever sound half as good as the original GNR lineup. Nothing beats those five idiots together. N O T H I N G.

• Like 2