More Dates

21 minutes ago, jonah said:

Damn my night train just expired. Not sure I want to renew just to score presale. (Already seeing them twice this year)

Given the actual selection of tickets in the Nightrain presale vs. the other opportunities for the original 2017 arena dates, I'd say don't spend the $45.

Seriously, look at this shit - exactly who does this benefit? (Spoiler... I know the answer.)

ticket_wtf.jpg

55 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

So? You go to both

for monetary purposes, i will not be doing that lol. besides i have already been to one stop of the tour already. one stadium and one arena is my limit. until maybe if we get some new tunes. for which i am not optimistic.

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Let Axl rest for God sake! 

I agree. Let the man rest his voice. The guy goes balls out every night for 25-30 songs. I'm excited to see them live, but I wouldn't begrudge them for pushing the dates back.

1 hour ago, Blackjacker said:

Perhaps, but a much better fan experience in an arena.  As a 'Murican and a smaller-venue-is-better 'Murican at that, I have no complaints.

Seat map for the Newark gig actually shows the entire floor as GA... wonder if that's not the proper map.

I know it is better experience but since when does this b(r)and operates fan-friendly...? 

I just don't know how they benefit by down-scaling like this... 

1 hour ago, Blackjacker said:

Given the actual selection of tickets in the Nightrain presale vs. the other opportunities for the original 2017 arena dates, I'd say don't spend the $45.

Seriously, look at this shit - exactly who does this benefit? (Spoiler... I know the answer.)

ticket_wtf.jpg

Heads up for those based in Los Angeles. The second night at the Forum (11/29) has its own presale/onsale dates. Not sure why...

This is exclusive timing for night two at The Forum: 

The Forum  Los Angeles, CA 11/29/17

NIGHTRAIN PRESALE STARTS JULY 28 @ 10AM

VIP PACKAGES ON SALE JULY 28 @ 10AM

PUBLIC ON-SALE STARTS AUG 4 @ 10AM

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Let Axl rest for God sake! 

I am assuring it is Axl who is calling the shots as far as the dates, I am sure he is thinking of "Sucking" up this Semi-Reunion for as long as possible, and than when the demand has died sit on that big old pile of money, I wouldn't be surprised if after that November 29th Forum date we wont be seeing GNR in any capacity for a long time

9 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

This tour will probably go through 2018, too. I bet there will be another Euro date next summer

It better be, I could list 20 cities that they can fill stadiums with that they didn't visit this summer. All of them sold out as well.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I know it is better experience but since when does this b(r)and operates fan-friendly...? 

I just don't know how they benefit by down-scaling like this... 

they can't play any stadium again  the sales are awful for the Stadium shows this summer outside of the Hershey show, if they want to play they are an arena band at this point, and even than the sales are going to be weak because anyone who wanted to see them I am sure already saw them

2 minutes ago, SuperYlvis said:

It better be, I could list 20 cities that they can fill stadiums with that they didn't visit this summer. All of them sold out as well.

really? which cities?

1 hour ago, Joeypeeps said:

I agree. Let the man rest his voice. The guy goes balls out every night for 25-30 songs. I'm excited to see them live, but I wouldn't begrudge them for pushing the dates back.

The guy rested on his ass for the majority of 23 years. Making up for lost time. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, k12 said:

they can't play any stadium again  the sales are awful for the Stadium shows this summer outside of the Hershey show, if they want to play they are an arena band at this point, and even than the sales are going to be weak because anyone who wanted to see them I am sure already saw them

really? which cities?

For better or worse, they are fine for sales for the rest of forever...

Plenty of bands pack arenas based on nostalgia alone. To the general public, Guns was gone for 20 years. The demand is there and they can play arenas until they retire. If they took 3 or 4 years off after NITL they could probably do stadiums again. Its kind of a drag because that means there is less of incentive for new music, but it is what it is.

People are forgetting that most stafiums last year looked like thwy were selling terribly, then each gig happened and they ended up being pretty full. Gigs with closed upper bowls were usually in secondary markets or were back to back nights and Id blame the insane ticket prices on a lot of the empty seats. It doesnt matter to the band, though, because the high prices mean even those shows bring in a profit.

They have entered "legacy status" and that does not bode well for new material

38 minutes ago, k12 said:

Not true at all. I recall someone posting the numbers and aside from a couple places such as KC, most the shows were at 90%+ capacity. Numerous sold out completely. I was at the SF show and it was quite full. Lots of fans bought a week or to out.

22 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

People are forgetting that most stafiums last year looked like thwy were selling terribly, then each gig happened and they ended up being pretty full. Gigs with closed upper bowls were usually in secondary markets or were back to back nights and Id blame the insane ticket prices on a lot of the empty seats. It doesnt matter to the band, though, because the high prices mean even those shows bring in a profit.

Spot on. Not many bands can do the amount of stadiums they've done. Usually it's a dozeon or so. GNR has done a lot more than that. When they do play arenas or amphitheaters, they sell out quite easily. That's the reason for the additional shows announced today.

I'm very excited for these new dates. I scored my tickets for Louisville this afternoon.

As far as touring in 2018 is concerned, and someone can refresh my memory or correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing somewhere (possibly from MSL) that Slash and Duff only signed 2 year contracts. Which means their contracts are up at the end of this year. Of course they can sign new ones, but I always had it in the back of my mind that they would tour as much as possible in 2016/2017 and when the year was up, and everyone was happy, they would continue. If not they could leave again and live off their touring money for the rest of their lives. There was even a rumor before the NITL tour that Axl wanted to retire. I'm not trying to stir anything up, just realistically looking at the situation. I personally want them to tour forever. 

2 minutes ago, superdave said:

I'm very excited for these new dates. I scored my tickets for Louisville this afternoon.

As far as touring in 2018 is concerned, and someone can refresh my memory or correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing somewhere (possibly from MSL) that Slash and Duff only signed 2 year contracts. Which means their contracts are up at the end of this year. Of course they can sign new ones, but I always had it in the back of my mind that they would tour as much as possible in 2016/2017 and when the year was up, and everyone was happy, they would continue. If not they could leave again and live off their touring money for the rest of their lives. There was even a rumor before the NITL tour that Axl wanted to retire. I'm not trying to stir anything up, just realistically looking at the situation. I personally want them to tour forever. 

I wouldn't put much credence in rumors that aren't sourced. Axl is crushing and single handedly helming rock n roll right now between the insanely successful GNR tour and his stint in AC/DC. 

Slash and Duff seem to be loving what they're doing. They get to be back on the road (which if you read either of their books is what they love to do more than anything). Axl has restored his reputation to a large degree. Fistfulls of money and there's still a TON of demand for them to either go tour new places or do another show again in any of the contients they've already ROCKED.

I think it's pretty hopeful and kindof naive for everyone on this forum to put so much emotion into  the idea that they "shoud, would and have no excuse not to be making new music" 

If they do plan a new album, why not tour the fuck out of the world and get everyone possible back on the train. Then do the album?

Maybe Axl is doing AC/DC again. I sure fucking hope so. 

Either way I can say with near certainty that NOBODY on this sub in December of 2015 could think ANY of this was possible. People picking it apart and bitching about this and that can't open their eyes and realize how astouding it is that all of this has and IS happening. I'm going to go to every show I can and enjoy the FUCK out of it while i can. Cuz once the last few rock legends kick the can or retire...its OVER

I do wonder what the sentiment will be among GNR "purists" when the tour is over, rock is basically dead, and all they have is this forum to share their negativity with 

• Like 2

Realistically, this type of tour could carry the band for the rest of its time. All they have to do is change the name of tour and add a few deep cuts and there's another world tour for 2-3 years. Rinse and repeat for the next decade.

1 hour ago, k12 said:

I am assuring it is Axl who is calling the shots as far as the dates, I am sure he is thinking of "Sucking" up this Semi-Reunion for as long as possible, and than when the demand has died sit on that big old pile of money, I wouldn't be surprised if after that November 29th Forum date we wont be seeing GNR in any capacity for a long time

I agree, I think however he signed up for these dates long ago. There's no way he's not feeling the effects of nearly 120 shows in a year and few months. 

But the part I agree with is his disappearance that will take place following this year. He's gotta get off the road. He might die at this pace 

27 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Realistically, this type of tour could carry the band for the rest of its time. All they have to do is change the name of tour and add a few deep cuts and there's another world tour for 2-3 years. Rinse and repeat for the next decade.

lol, and play to half sold arenas....yah right.