Most recognizable rock voices?

Gibson87

I'm working on a 'Top 10' video and I'm having trouble coming up with really recognizable rock voices besides Axl and Steven Tyler. 

So, which rock singers are instantly recognizable? 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'm working on a 'Top 10' video and I'm having trouble coming up with really recognizable rock voices besides Axl and Steven Tyler. 

So, which rock singers are instantly recognizable? 

Most of the greats quality. Mick Jagger, Freddie Mercury, Robert Plant, Brian Johnson, Bruce Springsteen.. Oh! Also Roy Orbison. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Billy Corgan, Liam Gallagher, Dave Pirner, Kurt Cobain, Chester Bennington, Robert Smith

Those are a few with incredibly distinct voices. Maybe not so much in the classic rock genre though.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I dont think its predicated on how distinct or unique the voice is, its more about fame and reknown.

Yeah. Miles Kenedy has a very distinct voice, but very few casual rock fans would recognize him. 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I dont think its predicated on how distinct or unique the voice is, its more about fame and reknown.

I can agree with that. I'm sure that there's a thousand singers like Brian Johnson that will never be heard because they don't have the exposure 

Cooper, Dio, Meat Loaf, Danzig, Patton, Dickinson, Keenan, Roth...

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I can agree with that. I'm sure that there's a thousand singers like Brian Johnson that will never be heard because they don't have the exposure 

Yeah no. With Johnson, it's not all about high-pitched screams. He's a powerhouse yes, but he's also a soul singer, it's Robert Plant and Tina Turner.

• Like 1

It is difficult to resolve the question as the voice becomes ubiquitous with renown so everyone can delineate a famous voice from another famous voice with intricate precision. I'd certainly begin with your 'non-singer' singers, Messrs Neil and Bob. I'd mention Elvis also. 

19 hours ago, J Dog said:

Bon Scott. Ozzy. Jim Morrison.

Elvis & Dylan but not sure they fit with this type of list.

Gotta be fuckin Elvis innit?  Even people who probably aint ever listened to the cunt sing has like, an Elvis impression of a sort in their repertorie, 'uh-huh-huh' and all that.

• Like 1

I'd say Bowie, Prince, Steve Perry, Stevie Nicks, Josh Homme, Bono, and Bruce Springsteen all have a pretty unique tone to their voice that makes them easy to recognize.

Edited by Kris_1989

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Gotta be fuckin Elvis innit?  Even people who probably aint ever listened to the cunt sing has like, an Elvis impression of a sort in their repertorie, 'uh-huh-huh' and all that.

Universally speaking, if we're not just talking big classic rock bands and frontmen, it's Elvis and it's not even close. By the time my little girl was like 5 or 6 she could curl her lip and give a pretty good...thank ya, thank ya very much. Damn near everybody alive can recognize Elvis without even studying it whether they listen to him or not.

• Like 1