I was just looking through Slash solos and wtf?!

I watched this video a couple days ago and I still can't get it out of my head, cringes me every time :D 

Why does he push his guitar like this? On electric guitars it really changes the tone but I don't know if that gesture changes anything on acoustic guitar xD

21 minutes ago, Crashey said:

I watched this video a couple days ago and I still can't get it out of my head, cringes me every time :D 

Why does he push his guitar like this? On electric guitars it really changes the tone but I don't know if that gesture changes anything on acoustic guitar xD

Could just be a force-of-habit/ knee-jerk reaction type of thing on his part since he's much more used to playing electric guitars.

8 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It doesn't do anything on an electric, either

It's like a ''reverse bend'', instead of ''tuning'' the pitch up, it goes down. I used to do that all the time. Slash does it on the end of SCOM

Edited by AslatIE
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 6:14 PM, AxlisOld said:

Don't. If you don't know how to do it, it can snap the neck. Especially on a Les Paul because of a design flaw.

This. Slash wrote in his book he destroyed a Les Paul this way.

It's a cool thing to do, but a minor embellishment that is not worth risking an expensive guitar's functionality. If you're loaded with cash and have 20 Les Pauls... sure, go for it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

This. Slash wrote in his book he destroyed a Les Paul this way.

It's a cool thing to do, but a minor embellishment that is not worth risking an expensive guitar's functionality. If you're loaded with cash and have 20 Les Pauls... sure, go for it.

Maybe if Gibson would finally add some wood to the weak ass scarf joint that they've been using for the last 65 years despite an obvious integrity flaw, it wouldn't be an issue. For solution, see: ESP

f92e1d74462d56b0e7e044b87b1adb38--black-

Edited by AxlisOld

On 29.7.2017 at 1:11 AM, AxlisOld said:

Maybe if Gibson would finally add some wood to the weak ass scarf joint that they've been using for the last 65 years despite an obvious integrity flaw, it wouldn't be an issue. For solution, see: ESP

f92e1d74462d56b0e7e044b87b1adb38--black-

Pshhh, that's useless! We can rather adjust our tone easily with the help of the brand new Burstdriver! CSLPSTDPSL11086_NECK_SIDE2.jpg

36 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Pshhh, that's useless! We can rather adjust our tone easily with the help of the brand new Burstdriver! CSLPSTDPSL11086_NECK_SIDE2.jpg

Better than the robot tuners, I tried out a Helix the other week and the guy got a Gibson with those on for me to try it out with. It was out of tune and it took him a few minutes to get it working. And ugly as fuck as well. I haven't seen this nonsense, what does it do? With the way Gibson build guitars nowadays, it is just another point of failure.

5 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Better than the robot tuners, I tried out a Helix the other week and the guy got a Gibson with those on for me to try it out with. It was out of tune and it took him a few minutes to get it working. And ugly as fuck as well. I haven't seen this nonsense, what does it do? With the way Gibson build guitars nowadays, it is just another point of failure.

Henry fails to realize that Gibson is not an innovative company, they should stick to traditional models with necessary build upgrades *cough* headstock *cough*

• Like 1

Gibson USA has been pretty spotty since around 2008. But you can find good ones here and there from the last ~10 years. The Custom/Historic Shop is still pretty consistent IMO. There's some weirdness going on over there though, seems like reissue production has halted, and they now only do special orders for stores/individuals. The main two heads of the Custom/Historic Shop were let go as part of this downsizing; both of whom had been there for 20+ years.

Edited by OmarBradley