VIDEO: Axl gets frustrated with ebayers

17 minutes ago, slammerjam said:

These people are pretty much the reason why I stopped waiting at hotels or anywhere for an autograph...if I bump into them, that's cool, if not, so what, at least I haven't annoyed the shit out of my idols.

No offence, but I never understood the autograph concept. What's the point of having a piece of paper with someone's name on it?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

i wish i got money every time the word 'Bro' was said in this video.

Yes. What is that. People calling perfect strangers "Bro"? I personally would be offended if someone I never met before, someone whom's name I do not even know, would call me "Bro".

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

No offence, but I never understood the autograph concept. What's the point of having a piece of paper with someone's name on it?

Well I'm guilty of having some albums I get signed when I buy them at the show (smaller bands). Usually I just love talking to band members at smaller shows or drink a beer or two with them. That stuff is way more important to me than an autograph or a photo, but it's cool to have them. 

1 minute ago, slammerjam said:

Well I'm guilty of having some albums I get signed when I buy them at the show (smaller bands). Usually I just love talking to band members at smaller shows or drink a beer or two with them. That stuff is way more important to me than an autograph or a photo, but it's cool to have them. 

I wouldn't mind talking to some of my favourite musicians about music, but I would never make a selfie or ask them to sign something. It just seems so weird to me. I mean, I admire them for their talent, but that is as far as it goes, and if they are nice people then it's even better, but you know... I don't ask my postman for an autograph either and I respect him just as much. But each to their own.

38 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. What is that. People calling perfect strangers "Bro"? I personally would be offended if someone I never met before, someone whom's name I do not even know, would call me "Bro".

No worries, snowflake :D

49 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I wouldn't mind talking to some of my favourite musicians about music, but I would never make a selfie or ask them to sign something. It just seems so weird to me. I mean, I admire them for their talent, but that is as far as it goes, and if they are nice people then it's even better, but you know... I don't ask my postman for an autograph either and I respect him just as much. But each to their own.

There's an acquaintance of mine that has gotten pictures with all types of celebrities. He even got one with Axl. A mutual friend of ours, whom I'm close with, heard that celebrities know the acquaintance and tries to avoid him whenever they see him. I don't know how my close friend heard this.  The acquaintance always puts up these pics on FB. 

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

Your signature is your unique identifying property, theoretically unique, so ehh - I do not know. Perhaps people feel something of the person is imparted in the scrawl.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Your signature is your unique identifying property, theoretically unique, so ehh - I do not know. Perhaps people feel something of the person is imparted in the scrawl.

5 hours ago, Draguns said:

There's an acquaintance of mine that has gotten pictures with all types of celebrities. He even got one with Axl. A mutual friend of ours, whom I'm close with, heard that celebrities know the acquaintance and tries to avoid him whenever they see him. I don't know how my close friend heard this.  The acquaintance always puts up these pics on FB. 

I can relate to the part of being a fan and admiring someone's talent, but what does an autograph or a picture have to do with that? I admire my local baker too because he makes these real great sandwiches, so I guess you can say that I'm a fan of his work, but it wouldn't make sense asking him for a selfie or an autograph just because I enjoy his sandwiches, so it doesn't make sense to me asking musicians or actors for that just because I enjoy their work. It's basically the same thing, except the baker probably isn't famous. I know that for most people it has to do with their obsession with fame, but I don't understand that obsession. Wanting an autograph just because you know someone from TV or the magazines is beyond me.

• Like 1

The guy video taping comes across as a massive asshole who's trying to provoke the situation whilst still looking like the good guy! 

He can see Axl and his guys don't need the bullshit, but he keeps videoing, following and he doesn't shut the fuck up throughout the whole thing. 

that guy is just a massive asshole. 

putting up with that shit on a daily basis, you can see and understand why AXL is the way he is sometimes! 

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

I can relate to the part of being a fan and admiring someone's talent, but what does an autograph or a picture have to do with that? I admire my local baker too because he makes these real great sandwiches, so I guess you can say that I'm a fan of his work, but it wouldn't make sense asking him for a selfie or an autograph just because I enjoy his sandwiches, so it doesn't make sense to me asking musicians or actors for that just because I enjoy their work. It's basically the same thing, except the baker probably isn't famous. I know that for most people it has to do with their obsession with fame, but I don't understand that obsession. Wanting an autograph just because you know someone from TV or the magazines is beyond me.

Hey, you are preaching to the choir here. I've never had the remotest interest in actively seeking out the people I admire. I'm not even particularly arsed about photos either. They're just people, no better or worse than anyone else.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, iftheworld said:

This just shows you how the three major guns got back together. The man you see in the video is not the man he used to be. He's very patient and relaxed. Good on him for not assaulting a Harlem hood rat. 

Good post but the bolded part is :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Tadsy said:

The guy video taping comes across as a massive asshole who's trying to provoke the situation whilst still looking like the good guy! 

He can see Axl and his guys don't need the bullshit, but he keeps videoing, following and he doesn't shut the fuck up throughout the whole thing. 

that guy is just a massive asshole. 

putting up with that shit on a daily basis, you can see and understand why AXL is the way he is sometimes! 

Amen. Axl should have bit the dude's leg.