RICHARD FORTUS Says 'Everyone Is Excited' About Possibility Of New Album

He’s also looking forward to recording his first album with Guns N’ Roses.

“Everyone is excited about it. There’s a really magical thing now with the band. It feels like a new band,” Fortus says of the lineup, which since 2016 has included Guns N’ Roses veterans Slash and Duff McKagan.

“It feels like the best version since I joined, and it’s the most fun for me. There’s so much excitement around it.”

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/music/kevin-johnson/back-to-the-jungle-guns-n-roses-returns-with-st/article_0920ee4e-f067-5ac7-ac2f-6c3fd48c4196.html

Edited by Silent Jay

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I'm not sure he actually said or alluded to this. When you read through the whole piece that line could easily have been inserted by the journalist who made that assumption. If you remove that one line then read the 2 paragraphs of speech that went before and after he just sounds likes he's talking about the band, and how much they are enjoying the tour.

There is nothing in quotation marks that mentions an album.

I just wanted to post this. His quote is not even in relation to a new album but just the line up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Because he is probably the only one who gives a shit about an album.  

Slash loves making new music. But Slash needs funds right now, so touring isn't bad for a guy who loves the road and is setting up his retirement. 

Difference between Slash and Axl is Slash will write a song, release it and not care about public reaction. Axl will write a song, worry about the scrutiny and bury it somewhere in his backyard. 

Gnr just needs a Axl that is loose, having fun and can focus within the band instead of trying to navigate the outside world too.

• Like 1

That's bullshit. Richard may be like a child hoping Axl would like to make a new album but honestly that's sounds very unlikely with this lineup. Look. We have the original G'nR on one side and the new one on the other side. There is not the same complicity as in the uyi tour.

27 minutes ago, TupacShakur said:

didn't richard record for chinese democracy?

He played guitar on five tracks 

2 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Please, leave the band like Ashba did before. You are not Guns n Roses as long there are Izzy and Gilby available. 

Wrong. 

• Like 1