RICHARD FORTUS Says 'Everyone Is Excited' About Possibility Of New Album

On 24/07/2017 at 3:28 AM, Tourettes2400 said:

Why is he always talking about a album?

Because he is the most accessible member of the band and is the one to field most of the questions, including those about a new album. He cops a lot of shit for his answers, but what else is he meant to say when he is being asked all these questions and is the only one left to do this shit?

NME is making the same headline.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/guns-n-roses-magical-new-album-2115819

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-07-24/guns-n-roses-excited-about-recording-a-new-album

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/guns-n-roses-are-excited-about-recording-new-studio-album/

Epiphone even went futher stating:

Guns N' Roses featuring longtime Epi signature artist Slash have been cutting tracks in the studio with plans to release a new record in 2018 according to guitarist Richard Fortus. 

http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/News/2017/Guns-N-Roses-In-the-Studio.aspx?RSSName=News-Features

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I wonder if they are keeping the recordings from Bucket, Robin, Paul, Bumble and/or DJ on a new Album.

No need. Fortus is better. He can record all the guitar parts and write and create new ones with Slash. No problem. 

Edited by Sunset Boulevard

1 minute ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

No need. Fortus is better. He can record all the guitar parts ans create new ones. No problem. 

But they kept the recordings from some ex-members on CD too, right?

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I wonder if they are keeping the recordings from Bucket, Robin, Paul, Bumble and/or DJ on a new Album.

Why would they? Then they'd probably would also have to pay them. Makes no sense at all. And no one wants to hear that shit anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

But they kept the recordings from some ex-members on CD too, right?

Yes but now that Slash is back, the guitar combo Slash/Fortus is killer! the best one since Slash/Izzy, maybe even better.

Slash and Fortus can make a magical GN'R album together on guitar. 

No need anyone else.

• Like 1

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Why would they? Then they'd probably would also have to pay them. Makes no sense at all. And no one wants to hear that shit anyway.

Since when do you speak for the whole fan base?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Yes but now that Slash is back, the guitar combo Slash/Fortus is killer! the best one since Slash/Izzy, maybe even better.

Slash and Fortus can make a magical GN'R album together on guitar. 

No need anyone else.

That's right. But we all know how Axl works. I think that he will keep at least some rhythm tracks and two or three solos

2002 line up is good, no doubt about that. Came up with some good songs too. What has impressed me most about Slash is that he's managed to come back in reclaim his authority over the three guitar set up and a technical magician in Buckethead.

As for a new album, we've heard the same story for two decades and one album has been delivered in that time. I don't know why any of them would even think about going through the process of writing and recording a new album rather than adding new songs here and there when they're done. It's a song based business these days. You don't need an entire album when you know a maximum of four of those songs will make your setlist.

• Like 2

Slash, Duff  already has a whole album of material written just for AXL - Axl and the boys will pick the ones the like the most , Read Slash he said it is  the best GNR record  he has ever written and Izzy was in on the recordings also-  just needs vocals in his opinion - that vocals will be AXL ROSE - it is all in his autobiography - the foundation is there - ball is AXL'S court - Richard stated they have recorded ideas - I am excited - Slash already has another SMKC record  in the can also - the cat gets shit done 

Edited by TMAC20

22 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

There's 3 albums worth of material! All that needs to be done is have Axl record vocals for the material, mix it, tracklist them, promote the albums properly, and release!!! Why is everyone so negative?!?

We're so "negative" because we've been following the band for the past 2 decades :P

9 hours ago, Sosso said:

I hope not, Fortus has such a cool bluesy stonesy style and Slash is Slash, no need to have these people on a real GNR album.

Buckethead and Bumblefoot are just blu blu blu players. Awful.

Ashba is a Slash copycat and Paul... lol Do i really need to talk about Paul?

Robin is great tho.

20 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Fortus can WRITE great guitar riffs! the guy knows how to WRITE amazing songs. Classic Rock songs. Just listen to his guitar work with Honky Toast (his former solo band), it rocks!

This guy is the "secret weapon" of Guns N' Roses. 

I don't doubt Fortus is great (big fan) but that sounds like Smoke On The Water in reverse :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Fortus can WRITE great guitar riffs! the guy knows how to WRITE amazing songs. Classic Rock songs. Just listen to his guitar work with Honky Toast (his former solo band), it rocks!

This guy is the "secret weapon" of Guns N' Roses. 

59 minutes ago, Sosso said:

The two Love Spit Love albums are two great examples of his songwriting. 

Yep this guy won't ever write for Guns N' Roses.

It doesn't ring any bells. Generic as hell. We're talking about Guns N' Roses here. 

Better call Izzy.

• Like 2