RICHARD FORTUS Says 'Everyone Is Excited' About Possibility Of New Album

5 hours ago, Original said:

We'll prob get new music, just not from Guns...at least for a while. I'd guess (if no Guns plans) that Slash will get SMK back at it, Duff will continue with his various bands and Axl will do AC/DC.    

In other words we'll get plenty of useless shit, what a great perspective... still hoping you're wrong...

19 minutes ago, Asia said:

In other words we'll get plenty of useless shit, what a great perspective... still hoping you're wrong...

I'd rather get that and wait it out until they really want to make an album. I reckon Axl wouldnt really have that fire inside right now to make a GNR album when he has the opportunity to work with one of his heroes and he would regret not taking that chance later.

Besides that it would just make more sense, they just toured for 2 years, and Slash already has an album written that's been postponed to be recorded since spring last year. And there is still the issue of what to do with all the prewritten material from DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot etc that Axl worked on all this time. Is Slash onboard with that? And who knows how he feels with recording with this line up, a synth + keyboard player? And maybe he's not happy with the way the Izzy thing is standing now.

All this stuff needs to be figured out

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

23 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Not to be morbid but I think the vault material is more likely to be released posthumously a la Hendrix, Tupac etc..

Yeah I've been saying for years that TB will probably just release the really weird CD leftovers like Silkworms after Axl dies.

with that being, Axl really should consider writing a new record from the ground up with slash and duff, while also recycling old unreleased songs that we've been told have a "classic rock feel" like Atlas.

16 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I've been saying for years that TB will probably just release the really weird CD leftovers like Silkworms after Axl dies.

with that being, Axl really should consider writing a new record from the ground up with slash and duff, while also recycling old unreleased songs that we've been told have a "classic rock feel" like Atlas.

TB won't release anything new if Axl dies. CDII and the remixes as is will never get released since the label rejected it.

A new album is definitely not happening.

Better wait for #UseYourIllusion30th

6 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

TB won't release anything new if Axl dies. CDII and the remixes as is will never get released since the label rejected it.

A new album is definitely not happening.

Better wait for #UseYourIllusion30th

If the band chose to celebrate the 30th anniversary of their ground-breaking, revered debut by just playing a normal show and releasing some new merch, then I doubt theyll do much else for the 30th anniversary of their poorly-aged, over-bloated double album that the average Joe doesn't even really remember.

35 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

I refuse to get my hopes up again but I can't help thinking the timing of the final tour dates aren't a coincidence.

It lines up well for them to record and release a Christmas Album! :)

Tracks will include "Welcome to the Jingle" and many other soon to be classics.

I assume you are referring to them ending in LA?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

If the band chose to celebrate the 30th anniversary of their ground-breaking, revered debut by just playing a normal show and releasing some new merch, then I doubt theyll do much else for the 30th anniversary of their poorly-aged, over-bloated double album that the average Joe doesn't even really remember.

It would be a bit strange for them to play My World as the last song of a gig.