New Axl (or GNR) Q&A - Possible?

Would be great if another Q&A happened. Maybe a Reddit AMA is coming? The idea just occurred to me while watching Better from Apollo. It is the best Better vocal I've heard Axl do - CD included. The lower register "All that I wanted" is far superior to what he was doing before. My questions would be:

• Does singing like you do at 3:48 in the video below, hurt your throat? Would your voice survive singing like that every night for songs in that range?
  • Do you and Slash have a mediator to help if there are things you want to critique about each other's musicianship, so you don't fall into the communication issues that were present in the old days?
  • Do you feel your world is more balanced now that you've reconnected with old band mates, and are in a routine of touring and performing live?
  • What things do you hate about being on the road? What things do you love?
  • Have you talked about recording new music with the current band?

https://youtu.be/uLDL2GSfmRw?t=3m48s

Edited by zepsun

3 minutes ago, zepsun said:

Would be great if another Q&A happened. Maybe a Reddit AMA is coming? The idea just occurred to me while watching Better from Apollo. It is the best Better vocal I've heard Axl do - CD included. The lower register "All that I wanted" is far superior to what he was doing before. My questions would be:

• Does singing like you do at 3:48 in the video below, hurt your throat? Would your voice survive singing like that every night for songs in that range?
  • Do you and Slash have a mediator to help if there are things you want to critique about each other's musicianship, so you don't fall into the communication issues that were present in the old days?
  • Do you feel your world is more balanced now that you've reconnected with old band mates, and are in a routine of touring and performing live?
  • What things do you hate about being on the road? What things do you love?
  • Have you talked about recording new music with the current band?

https://youtu.be/uLDL2GSfmRw?t=3m48s

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uLDL2GSfmRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

can someone lock this please....jesus

Whatever. If you never allow a new thread to start about something like this - there will be no chance of anything like it getting traction - which is the only way he would come back to do a Q&A. Maybe I'll submit an AMA Reddit request - then the forum would get nothing, and reddit would get the attention.

Furthermore, my questions are not tendentious. I am not trying to dig any deeper than what would be the surface answers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zepsun said:

Whatever. If you never allow a new thread to start about something like this - there will be no chance of anything like it getting traction - which is the only way he would come back to do a Q&A. Maybe I'll submit an AMA Reddit request - then the forum would get nothing, and reddit would get the attention.

Furthermore, my questions are not tendentious. I am not trying to dig any deeper than what would be the surface answers.

It's highly unlikely that a guy like Axl Rose will accept a Q&A in this forum just because some guy fan wants him to do it :lol:

When he came here it was basically to promote the release of 'Chinese Democracy'.

It's not like you've discovered America with this thread. A lot of people (including the admins of this forum) have tried to bring him back or at least offered him a space to talk before.

All efforts have been made, but as with everything GN'R or Axl, the ball is always on their court.

As for your questions, they need to be polished if you want them to get to Axl. Many of them imply an answer in the question, or at least a tendency. He's not stupid, he will not answer stuff like "Do you feel your world is more balanced now that you've reconnected with old band mates?". He will probably say you know nothing about his life as to make assumptions that he didn't live a balanced life before the reunion.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, zepsun said:

So negative-minded. You don't know him personally, so why assume you know his MO. So let's delete the thread/post. Why bother.

Some things with him are quite predictable and we know he doesn't like some kind of questions.

It would be great if he wanted to make a Q&A thing with fans again but I wouldn't put my hopes up. I don't know.... Maybe it happens again, but I really doubt its gonna be because someone makes a thread.

Also, there's a thread like this on the official forum. They made us post questions we'd like to have answered by the band members.
You know for how long that thread has remained pinned and unanswered by the bandmembers??? :lol:

5 minutes ago, zepsun said:

So negative-minded. You don't know him personally, so why assume you know his MO. So let's delete the thread/post. Why bother.

sheesh these responses, eh?  some people just can not help themselves from shitting on others fandom.  hope it doesnt bring you down.  

especially when youre made out to be a fool for wanting a Q&A and they also say that our mods have tried to do that too.  so are they calling the mods foolish?  

id love an Axl Q&A too, so Im gonna take the expert advice and get my questions "polished" hahahaha!

hope AMA happens!  but chances are very low

• Like 1

i didnt find better from the apollo gig good at all and i actually like the song. ive heard him nail it live before but as for the apollo show i didnt like the tone one bit... the show started off fucking great but when he started to sing better i felt a bit let down tbh

5 hours ago, zepsun said:

undisputed hilarious read of the day!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

From TrollingStone.com :

June 31st, 2017, California, undisclosed location. Axl Rose, Slash and Duff Mckagan of Guns n Roses are in the same room writing songs. They finish a jam. Slash walks out of the room for a cigarette. Axl reachs out to Duff

axl: hey duff

duff: yo, bro

axl: can you tell slash something for me?

duff: sure!

axl: about this riff that he was playing now?

duff: yeah...

axl: but can you be, like, extra careful?

duff: sure, man

axl: you know, i would like to critique his musicianship... And I have come to realize that me and Slash need a mediator to help if there are things that we want to critique about each other's musicianship, so we don't fall into the communication issues that were present in the old days!

4b4f0128d5cb5b4061d91a0aa0ca561a.jpg

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

Sorry OP if guys like Stern and Trunk and publications like RS can't get interviews I don't see that forums like this or Reddit have a hope in hell.

I'm going to lock this, not because I think you shouldn't have started it but because it's just going to be pages of people taking the piss.

By all means start a thread if you do manage to get an AMA with Axl, Slash or Duff.

• Like 2