Silkworms OLD leak

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't expect anyone to say nice things about them on this board but Oh My God, Silkworms, Shackler's, and Riad feel like a band playing together. It has an identity. 

It's not slap dick, cut-and-paste, or re-record a dozen times. It has a spontaneous fury to them. The title track had that in 2001 as well. 

Riad is incredible. So much talent on display there. It feels like a new millennium Garden of Eden on steroids. 

As far as Silkworms, the House of Blues version is by far the best.

@evader's remix is the best version of it.

@Gibbo is that the one you were thinking of or are you just not gonna pm me a link? :P

Just now, Wagszilla said:

I listened to that quite a bit back in the day, definitely a good remix, but Brain's drums at the HOB show are incredible. 

It felt like a space ship about to take off. Awesome. 

Even though Adler's my favourite, Brain was the best drummer they've had.

• Like 2

Ive always thought Silkworms was trash and still do since we dont have the whole song, but I think there is potential for something great there. I think the chorus sounds cool in Evader's remix and the electronic effects can be cool.

I think the "pussy full if maggots" line is what kills it for me. Wtf, Axl. I think the snippets of the studio version sound infinitely better than the live versions so I also want the full song to leak

Edited by ZoSoRose

29 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't expect anyone to say nice things about them on this board but Oh My God, Silkworms, Shackler's, and Riad feel like a band playing together. It has an identity. 

It's not slap dick, cut-and-paste, or re-record a dozen times. It has a spontaneous fury to them. The title track had that in 2001 as well. 

Riad is incredible. So much talent on display there. It feels like a new millennium Garden of Eden on steroids. 

Man, Riad is totally ruined by the "slap dick, cut-and-paste" solo that made it onto the album cut. Bucket's solo on the leak fit a lot better.

I'll agree on Oh My God - but Silkworms doesn't do it for me.

34 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Riad has grown on me so much since 2008. The lyrics are still weird but Axls vocals and the music are really awesome. Solo isnt bad but I still think the lead could have really made the song special if it was a bit better

OMG is also awesome

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Riad has grown on me so much since 2008. The lyrics are still weird but Axls vocals and the music are really awesome. Solo isnt bad but I still think the lead could have really made the song special if it was a bit better

OMG is also awesome

Such a shame this was wasted. Generally a fan of Ron's CD contributions but Riad sticks out like a sore thumb. They shouldn't have touched it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

If by spontaneous fury you mean Axl sounding like a 12 year old having a temper tantrum, I agree completely :D

8 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Such a shame this was wasted. Generally a fan of Ron's CD contributions but Riad sticks out like a sore thumb. They shouldn't have touched it. 

Yeah I think Ron is especially awesome on Chinese, Shacklers, and Catcher and pretty good on Scraped but I always thought the Riad solo could be better. I think its mainly the tone idk. Would have liked Buckets take I think

Still a cool song though