Who comes out with new music first?

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I truly don't believe GN'R will release any more new music while Axl is alive, so Tool I guess?

Agreed. I'm slowly coming to grips that this tour/reunion is simply a victory tour for all involved.  It's amazing that it happened no doubt about it, but this is the grand finale. Not an album, that is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lies They Tell said:

Sometimes I think Axl's plan is to release both a new AC/DC and a new GNR album at the same time. That would most certainly raise the media's interest.

Nah.....my guess is IF there is any sort of plan, it's for posthumous release.

GNR and Tool are in a similar position. With GNR, Axl is the one taking decades to make any progress with the music. In Tool. Maynard aka Me recently complained about how the other three guys keep writing and writing and adapting and then starting over and it's become a very difficult situation for him to put his lyrics to it. That's why he focuses also on Pusicfer and APC (and his wine). Same way Slash will focus on SMKC when (or if) this tour ends.

I can see a Tool album being announced this year for a 2018 release.

GNR will not release music ever again.

• Like 2

Likely Tool, but the common factor with GNR is APC.  History will repeat and APC will do proper album and tour before both (even though Maynard said Billy was somewhat like the rest of Tool reworking material all the time, but it was more as an afterthought).  Hopefully with a lineup of GNR tie-ins.  Pitman is emailing Billy daily 

10 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Actually it seems like Myles Kennedy will focus on releasing a solo album next year so we may be getting another year of Appetite+UYI+covers...

That's why I added 'IF this tour ends'.

I believe GNR will keep on touring the hits for at least 3 more years.

On 2017-07-27 at 11:10 AM, Mustard Tiger said:

I read an article just the other day in which Maynard discussed the new album. Apparently it is the other members of the band causing the hold up, constantly rewriting songs he thought were finished. Can't remember where I read this, if I find it I will post a link. 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/maynard-james-keenan-explains-tool-album-delay/