I listened to You Could be Mine and I'm downloading Patience right now. You do a better Axl imitation than almost anything I've heard so that's good. You're kind of off tune most of the way and a little off beat though. Your voice is a lot louder than the music .. did u just sing over a band recording or did u actually do it together?

Okay.Listening to Patience now. What's up with the whisteling? U have more than person doing it? One guy sounds about right the other is really off. The vocals are really nice IMO.

Oh yeah and I really like what you guys did with the guitar solo. Really cool variation.

Edited by shiaobundan

The truth is that I use the crappiest way to record my voice. I just use "sound recorder". I think every Windows system has this. You Could Be Mine was just the version from RIR2 where Axl's mic stopped working so I could sing over the music there and the other guy singing in Patience is Axl. The whistling is screwed up (along with the time) because on sound recorder you have to press record every minute so if I run out of time the recording is over. So that means that I have to look at the time and lyrics at the same time while pressing the record button. Anybody with windows can do this.

Edited by IndiannaRose

Haha. I thought you had a band. Never watched Rock in Rio II so I didn't know .. no wonder I complimented the guitar LOL! All in all, Patience is pretty good and I like it a lot. YCBM You have a good Axl voice but you should work on the rythm and singing in tune.

• 6 months later...

Do it again but without you singing over Axl's voice or, at least, turn down the volume of Axl's voice. It seems like you sound good some of the time but I can't tell cuz I hear Axl signing (plus I'm very familiar with that unplugged version of patience they did in NY and it's easier for me to pick-up every thing but your own voice).

One more thing....were you drunk when you did this? No offense...I only ask this cuz it seemed like you completely slurred over some of the words, especially in Patience. I mean completely mumbled.

Cool, though.

Do it again but without you singing over Axl's voice or, at least, turn down the volume of Axl's voice. It seems like you sound good some of the time but I can't tell cuz I hear Axl signing (plus I'm very familiar with that unplugged version of patience they did in NY and it's easier for me to pick-up every thing but your own voice).

One more thing....were you drunk when you did this? No offense...I only ask this cuz it seemed like you completely slurred over some of the words, especially in Patience. I mean completely mumbled.

Cool, though.

Whoa, wtf. This thread has been brought back from the dead. :o Ah yes, my old Windows Sound Recorder days. The reason I mumbled a lot of the words is because back during this period of time all I had at my dispense was that plain ass Windows Sound Recorder, which until I figured a way around this, could only record for 60 seconds before stopping and making you push the record button again. I also didn't really know many GN'R lyrics by head.

So, I was reading the lyrics out of a booklet or printed sheet of paper, while watching the record button to see if I have to push it, while keeping my mom's laptop from falling. :o Terrible! Also, these recordings are so fuckin' horrible compared to now....ahuhahuahauhau

Cool, though.

Humm yhea...the only thing i heard was axl:s voice....not yours.....? :blink:

• 4 weeks later...