Pink Floyd Albums

theanomaly017

Fav Floyd Album  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pinkfloydwishyouwerehere.jpg

I absolutely LOVE Wish you were here..

We're just two lost souls, swimming in a fish bowl.................. :wub:

Not only my fave Pink Floyd album, but probably my fave album full stop. Pure class  B)

Just the thought of it makes me want to listen to that album....and in fact, I will! :D

B) I've got it playing on the stereo too, and I'm playing along on the guitar. Perfect way to spend a sunday!

i only have dark side of the moon, the division bell, and the echoes(the greatest hits)

i voted dark side of the moon, BUT i have a question what album should i get next, i'm thinking of the wall

I would get The Wall next, or Piper At The Gates of Dawn, if I were you.

And to anybody who has not see the movie 'Pink Floyd: The Wall', get off of the computer and go see it now! It's is awesome!

#1 The Wall - my favorite album of all time! Comfortably Numb and Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2 are unparalleled. And the whole concept behind the album just lets you take so many directions in trying to interpret it all. I think it's also #3 on the best selling records of all time in the US! Of course, Dark Side of the Moon is in close second place.

PINK FLOYD RULES!!!

Edit: And don't forget the movie! You might be like me and only watch it all the way through once, but I love skipping to the animated scenes... those are the best.

Edited by ryne

i only have dark side of the moon, the division bell, and the echoes(the greatest hits)

i voted dark side of the moon, BUT i have a question what album should i get next, i'm thinking of the wall

Wish You Were Here. Definately. After that I'd go for Animals, then Meddle, then The Wall. :P

oh but arent i wish u were here and animals like 6-song albums? not that im saying there's something wrong with that but are the songs long or what's the concept in those albums :huh:

Wish You Were Here. Definately. After that I'd go for Animals, then Meddle, then The Wall. :P

oh but arent i wish u were here and animals like 6-song albums? not that im saying there's something wrong with that but are the songs long or what's the concept in those albums :huh:

Several songs from both of those album are 15+ minutes long. So don't let the lack of tracks fool you. They are both full length albums.

The concept of Animals is the same as the book 'Animal Farm.' Roger Waters classifies some people as either dogs, pigs, or sheep based on their personalty (ie. sheep are mindless followers.)

Wish You Were Here is a tribute to former Pink Floyd frontman Syd Barrett. Many beautiful songs on that album.

Animals was the album I bought right after I got Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd, Animals is very good. I love how the music escalates more and more after each song until the sheep finally rebel against the dogs. I think it's the dogs they rebel against... damn now I wanna listen to that album all over again. That's just one of those albums that's a movie in its own little way, it kicks ass.

^ interesting animals seems tempting maybe i'll go for that one since the wall is pretty expensive

Animals was what really started me on Pink Floyd and now I've got 9 or 10 of their albums, The Wall movie, the movie about Dark Side of the Moon, and a couple posters over my bed. I'd still recommend The Wall since I think that's their most radio-friendly album and more focused on single songs rather than the album as a whole, although the concept behind the album is still very strong. The Wall's #1, both of the posters above my bed are from the movie.

The concept of Animals is the same as the book 'Animal Farm.' Roger Waters classifies some people as either dogs, pigs, or sheep based on their personalty (ie. sheep are mindless followers.)

hmmmm... i didn't know that...

i had to read that book last year in social studies...

pretty good book!

The concept of Animals is the same as the book 'Animal Farm.'  Roger Waters classifies some people as either dogs, pigs, or sheep based on their personalty (ie. sheep are mindless followers.)

hmmmm... i didn't know that...

i had to read that book last year in social studies...

pretty good book!

Yeah, it's great. I like 1984 better though.