Pink Floyd Albums

theanomaly017

Fav Floyd Album  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Animals was the album I bought right after I got Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd, Animals is very good. I love how the music escalates more and more after each song until the sheep finally rebel against the dogs. I think it's the dogs they rebel against... damn now I wanna listen to that album all over again. That's just one of those albums that's a movie in its own little way, it kicks ass.

that's so awesome, pink floyd keeps growing and growing on me im starting to doubt that gnr is the best ever :o , well pink floyd is very different, but goddamn they're so awesome

by the way, what album is the tigers broke free in, i love that song :)

Edited by gernm18

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the tigers broke free was the first song on the Wall but never made it on the album--just the movie. It is now available as a bonus track for The Final Cut which was just rereleased. You will only find it on this new release. I believe it is also on one of the best of releases but am not sure. I feel The Final cut is very underated and is very similar to the Wall. There are some brilliant songs on there including The Gunners Dream and Two Suns in the Sunset. It also has possibly the heaviest song Floyd ever did---- Not Now John

• 5 months later...
It's also on Echoes: The Best Of Pink Floyd.

On subject....The Final Cut is conceptually briliant, but you can clearly hear it's lacking musically. It's just for 95% waters. And a lot less Gilmour/Wright. They were the musical base of the floyd. With all due respect to Roger by the way. I love his work. But I think it's even better when they still coorporated in a normal way.

Wright doesn't play on Final Cut ;)

Dark side of da moon rocks  :shades:

Last time I checked it was Dark Side Of The Moon... <_<

"Da" isn't a word...in english...

White_Mouse: I know. But on many other albums the duo Gilmour/Wright were the musical backbone imo. Bad example, I admit. ;) But I meant the musical Gilmour/Wright influence in general...I miss that on tfc

Ok sorry then, I know what you mean,

Roger Waters tried creating a sonic masterpeice with the final cut, and he got fucking close, his ego was definitely out of control by this stage IMO, I still love it to bits and its one of my favourite floyd album out of the 20 albums i own. Its true that in many ways Rick Wright was the sound of pink floyd, but roger was always the true genius along with syd. So he can do whatever he likes, his solo albums are all brilliant.

Edited by The Meaning of Soul

Roger Waters tried creating a sonic masterpeice with the final cut, and he got fucking close, his ego was definitely out of control by this stage IMO, I still love it to bits and its one of my favourite floyd album out of the 20 albums i own. Its true that in many ways Rick Wright was the sound of pink floyd, but roger was always the true genius along with syd. So he can do whatever  he likes, his solo albums are all brilliant.

Waters solo...in order of amazingness:

1. Amused To Death

2. Radio K.A.O.S.

3. The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking

I'm not very into the movie soundtracks.

Can't wait for his new album!

Syd is just amazing as well. Bob Dylan is often referred to as "The Poet". But Pink Floyd was absolutely right reffering to Syd this way on Wish You Were Here. The entire album just perfectly tells it like it is about Syd.

Syds influence is evident in almost all pink floyd.

I love roger's solo albums equally.

mmm... right now im more into Wish You Were Here

the more i listen to floyd the more i like them, probably more than GnR :o

the wall and final cut are great, but lack gilmours input, with the expception of a few songs. i love the movie of the wall, and watch it all the time (sober, not high) and i love it. gerald scarfes animation is genious

I prefer dark side of the moon cuz I can put it in and listen to it from beginning to end. On the wall I skip a few songs here and there, same with the final cut. Wish you were here and animals get a little long winded at times on certain songs. Dark side has the most continuity of all of their albums. In my opinion...

"there really is no dark side of the moon, matter of fact it's all dark"....

interesting pink floyd pointless fact:

Nick Mason (drummer) is the only member never to have left the band

i heard this on some project someone did so if anyone can disprove this thatd be good so im not giving out fake facts and looking like an idiot

and am i the only one that noticed this thread was from November 2004

Definitely Dark side of the moon.

My dad and I always listen to that on the way to baseball.

It was so funny, a while back while listening to "The Great Gig in the Sky"(5 minute orgasm) My friend asked me, what the fuck is she trying to say. :rolleyes::lol:

well you could look at it like that... :lol:

but the song is about death... the moment before you die... when you die.. and after you die. beautiful song.

The only floyd albums if listened to are dark side of the moon, wish you were here, and the wall. I will have to buy more of their albums...

But dark side of the moon is my favourite, i've said it before, that album plus shine on you crazy diamond(all parts) are the best songs to listen to when your stoned. Theres nothign that comes close to the feeling of hearing dave's solo at the start of SoYcD., when your high. For some reason you appreciate it soo much more :)