Vinyl AFD

gunners_4_eva

i can't say as i don't own the vinyl..but from experience i would guess its "inferior." cds produce a better quality sound but there are vinyl purists..i am one of them..i have AFI's "sing the sorrow" both on Vinyl and CD, CD sounds better but the vinyl is more enjoyable to listen to if that makes sense..

Edited by merslain

The vinyl came out with both covers. After the first was banned, they pulled it from stores and replaced it with the crucifix cover. Sound quality is better on cd, because the digital technology is designed that way. It's just nice to have the cover and inner sleeve in the size that it was designed to be, not shrunken down to cd size.

• 1 year later...

Vinyl is awesome. Stick it on a good quality player (anything made past about 1990 is poo, get a decent early 1980's system that wouldve cost you £1000's at the time) through an amplifier and some fuckoff speakers and let the sound let you drop your jaw in awe. CD's are shit in comparison.

Edited by Max™

Vinyl is awesome. Stick it on a good quality player (anything made past about 1990 is poo, get a decent early 1980's system that wouldve cost you £1000's at the time) through an amplifier and some fuckoff speakers and let the sound let you drop your jaw in awe. CD's are shit in comparison.

THANK YOU. Not only does vinyl sound better but I love the smell of one when you first crack open a copy.

I saw something on 20/20 or a show like that years ago and they put up a CD against a record on a syllascope to measure sound and the print out for the CD had choppy lines in it while the print out for the record had smooth lines.

Edited by Jabberwocky

The urban myth about records sounding better then cd's is just that. Pressed CD's (as apposed to burned cd's) are far superior to vinyl. There is just more information on the cd then on the similar vinyl. But a good record has a very "live" sound to it. It may sound a lot cooler then the cd. Listening to older rock or metal on vinyl has it's benefits. It is a different experience. You feel more part of the scene. I usually prefer vinyl, but due to it's physical limitations, it is just not practicle in a digital world. But vinyl is very interesting and fun to listen too. Music purists swear by vinyl, but it is not because it is superior to a cd. The appreciate the crudeness of it. They like "gizmoness"(borrowed from the late Indian Larry) of it. If you digitize a vinyl and comapre it to a cd, you will see that the cd has much more information.

The urban myth about records sounding better then cd's is just that. Pressed CD's (as apposed to burned cd's) are far superior to vinyl. There is just more information on the cd then on the similar vinyl. But a good record has a very "live" sound to it. It may sound a lot cooler then the cd. Listening to older rock or metal on vinyl has it's benefits. It is a different experience. You feel more part of the scene. I usually prefer vinyl, but due to it's physical limitations, it is just not practicle in a digital world. But vinyl is very interesting and fun to listen too. Music purists swear by vinyl, but it is not because it is superior to a cd. The appreciate the crudeness of it. They like "gizmoness"(borrowed from the late Indian Larry) of it. If you digitize a vinyl and comapre it to a cd, you will see that the cd has much more information.

its not a myth, records sound better than cd's. Even cassettes are better quality than cd. But vinyl is the best of all