Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

bootleg cds

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts
  • --
are there really official bootleg cds? or is it just something that someone recorded from a consert? i dont know what bootleg means, and you guys use the word all the time, what is this?

another question, does anyone know where i can buy "unwanted illusions"? i heard it's very rare, but is it possible to get a hold of it, and how much would it cost?

rockerman

rockerman

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • 16-October 02
there are tonz of "official" bootlegs meaning that some company OFFSHORE produced them and sold them. In other countries the copyright laws are not the same as in the USA so there is hardly any way to crack down on it and end it. When I was in Paris I purchased La vie en Rose for about $8.00.
The term bootleg is a throwback to the smuggler era  
To boot leg a concert means someone snuck in a recorder and recorded a concert. Some bootlegs are rare compilations of stuff like demo versions of the song, rare club appearances, big stadium shows(paris92) ect.. stuff you cant get mainstream because usually it is illegal in the US to buy and possess.
Read it on the wall went straight to my head said dance to the tension of a world on edge

• Guests
  • 0 posts
  • --
ok, is there any number on how many of these bootlegs there are?

rockerman

rockerman

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • 16-October 02
someone out there has 300+ shows ranging from 86 to 2002....movie clips... ect... the rabid fans recorded just about everything GNR did. To really see how powerful GNR was you need to hear them live...not the watered down version of LIVE ERA but them at their best like in PAris92 or Chicago92... ect... let me know if you need some help K
Read it on the wall went straight to my head said dance to the tension of a world on edge

• Guests
  • 0 posts
  • --
ok, could you find some of these boodlegs in cd shops or do you have to buy them illegally from someone? i've been trying to download from kazaa but there's so few of them...