Tacoma 2002

Guest Apollo

Anybody else attend the opening of the 2002 tour, in Tacoma????

Ya, I was worried when the real opening - the show in Canada got cancelled. I went on the net and the major news sites had the riot in Canada and my friends and I went "FUCK." Not knowing if day two would happen or not.

We still drove to Tacoma, went to some little bar a couple blocks away from the tacoma dome, drank, and then walked the two blocks up to the Dome. There was no line and we walked right in.

We missed the first two acts - the rapper and the CYK or whoever they were. We had one beer, met some ho's, and before I knew it - Axl came on stage.

I followed some big doofus up to the front row . . . . and enjoyed a killer fucking concert. Axl's voice was amazing.

One of the best shows I've ever been too.

Anybody else go to this one???? If so, what did you think of it and where were you located. I was off to the right of the stage, front row, in front of Finck (who was cool as shit. I swear he yawned during the sweet child of mine solo).

On a slightly different note... I wonder if MTV filmed the whole gig for their news special? They seemed to have recorded at least 3 or 4 camera angles. I know a lot of stuff from MTV (GN'R uncut interviews, unedited Ritz 88 etc) have leaked... I'd pretty much kill if this show was given the day of light somehow too B)

Nope. I did however manage to get to the opening riot :lol: That kinda sucked but I got my money back so.... I wanted to go to Tacoma after the vancouver thing but never managed to get my shit together. This is kind of an old topic Apollo. That was 2 years ago. What made you post this now. Probably just remembering the good times right. B)

Yeah that was a wicked show the best concert i've ever seen. I was supposed to go to the Van show but ya know the riot happened. Luckily I knew they were playing in Tacoma the next night so I talked my friends into going which worked out great as we got better seats because it was general admission on the floor. I'll always remember when Axl put the two KFC buckets on his face and said look i'm dickhead during patience I think. I can't wait for Chinese Democracy to come out and go see them again.

Edited by Matty Boy

Did anybody hear the interview axl did with the local radio station in tacoma the night of that show.

It was a good interview.

The tacoma show was cool I drove all the way from california. Stayed with some friends in portland.

Axl with his mini bucket cracked me up. My friend that went with me nad never seen gnr and he loved that show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Who was Axl talking to when he said that during NR, followed by "No, not in a good way buddy"? Is he talking about the drums again after his "Turn the fucking drums down" comment earlier in the song?

Wait, if the drums were too loud in Axl's earpiece, isn't that the sound technician's fault? So was he talking to one of the guitarists?