post your Axe

c'mon lets see what guitars you lot have coz its always nice to have a look see.

these are 3 of mine:

axes.jpg

Left: epiphone black beauty, Centre: epiphone gothic thunderbird bass, Right: Ibanez RGR 320DX (limited reverse headstock model and double sharksfin inlays)

i left my other two at home in Chester (coz im at uni at the mo) which is another epi les paul in white and a fender DG3 acoustic that iv had for years

get your axe out for the lads!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N00bish question but:

Why do people need to have anymore then 2 guitars (Acoustic & Electric.) ?

I'm not bitching about your guitars or anything, there lush, i'm just curious ;)

If you gig, it's good to have one in standard and another in a different key, so you don't have to retune durring a show.

N00bish question but:

Why do people need to have anymore then 2 guitars (Acoustic & Electric.) ?

I'm not bitching about your guitars or anything, there lush, i'm just curious ;)

well, my white les paul is a bit crappy so i upgraded but kept it aswell. my ibanez has a floyd rose bridge, locking nut and wammy bar so i can get different sounds out of it. more importantly i play in a band and this means that we can tune our guitars to different keys and simply have guitar changes rather than have to retune on stage or keep the songs to one key, plus i bought the bass coz i fancied learning it seen as it aint that difficult.

theyre my reasons anyway - other people may be different

c'mon lets see what guitars you lot have coz its always nice to have a look see.

these are 3 of mine:

axes.jpg

Left: epiphone black beauty, Centre: epiphone gothic thunderbird bass, Right: Ibanez RGR 320DX (limited reverse headstock model and double sharksfin inlays)

i left my other two at home in Chester (coz im at uni at the mo) which is another epi les paul in white and a fender DG3 acoustic that iv had for years

get your axe out for the lads!

is that an Ibanez RG? if so which RG model is it. and does it have a pearl inlay down the side of the neck?

I don't have a computer at home so will just have to describe mine:

1. Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (Vintage Burst) - 2nd hand '95 model. Very nice. Sounds fantastic, was an absolute bargain especially for the price (the guy selling it was a bit of a dumbass and thought it was a Les Paul Special). May just shove some SD pickups in it. Haven't had any of the standard problems that people report with them (strap pegs, pickup switch). Chrome tuners (may have been replaced by previous owner - I'm not sure. I love this guitar.

2. Ibanez GAX70 (Black) - Brand new '01 model. Not made for beautiful tone, however is the most amazing guitar to shred on. Blows the Les Paul away as far as shredability goes but as I said - tone sucks. Great for tapping too!

3. Ashton acoustic - Brand new '04 model. Ultimate crap guitar. Super cheap and I got what I paid for (I was looking for a cheap acoustic to play around with). Crap tone but for US$99 you won't get a Martin! Just put some heavy gauge strings on and it sounds semi-decent. Very good value for money.

4. Channel Bass (Black) - 2nd hand - not sure what year. Bought from a music store for super cheap. Cleaned it up and it plays nicely. I'm not a bass player at all but this was really cheap as it has had some neck work done on it. This was fine UNTIL I decided to be an idiot and lean it up against the wall while still plugged in. I the proceeded to trip over the lead and watch my bass guitar hit the ground in slow motion (you know how all bad stuff like that seems to happen in slow motion). It still plays the same but the neck work is now a bit awry. Just annoys me that's all.

5. Samick Strat copy (Black with White scratch plate) - 2nd hand - not sure what year. The epitome of ultra-crap guitars. This was my first electric so I will never let it go. Not play-worthy...not even physically playable I don't think!

Not the greatest collection of guitars but I love them...much to the dismay of my girlfriend!

is that an Ibanez RG? if so which RG model is it. and does it have a pearl inlay down the side of the neck?

its an ibanez RG R 320DX - the extra R is coz its the reverse headstock model, the only pearl on it is on the double sharks fin inlays you see on the fret board

real easy guitar to play with good top end fret access (where the Les Paul falls down abit),

Well I don't own a guitar yet, but I will soon. I just thought that let's give you people an image of it. Here it is:

Viper50_blk.jpg

It's a ESP-LTD Viper 50 BK. It's cheap thats why Im getting it. Don't laugh at me, it isn't the best guitar, but it has got great reviews and it's my first after all. :unsure:

Well I don't own a guitar yet, but I will soon. I just thought that let's give you people an image of it. Here it is:

Viper50_blk.jpg

It's a ESP-LTD Viper 50 BK. It's cheap thats why Im getting it. Don't laugh at me, it isn't the best guitar, but it has got great reviews and it's my first after all. :unsure:

i played the esp version of that at one of our gigs when a string on my ibanez went. they look pretty good and i was pretty impressed with it, kind of an sg with a bit of punch

Viper50_blk.jpg

It's a ESP-LTD Viper 50 BK. It's cheap thats why Im getting it. Don't laugh at me, it isn't the best guitar, but it has got great reviews and it's my first after all.  :unsure:

i played the esp version of that at one of our gigs when a string on my ibanez went. they look pretty good and i was pretty impressed with it, kind of an sg with a bit of punch

Oh, that's cool! Yeah, I'm really lookin' forward to this :)

Let's get this straight: I play bass

However, this guy had a Fender Lead 1 that he had painted, but soon lost interest, and therefore decided to give it away. My father works with him, and the guy knew I played in a rock band, so he asked my dad if I wanted it. It's a Fender Lead 1, but looks like this:

092b8610.gif

phoenix_blood_red_1.jpg

2nd: My bass! My pride and joy. My baby. I fuckin' go to sleep in my bed fully clothed with this thing around my neck. ANyway, this is it:

Only difference: Mine is a 5 string...Don't even know why I have it...I don't really use it. Anyway, I think the reason is that a 4 string neck is just toooo damn small for me anymore